Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default underrated or lesser known movies..

Just wanted to start a thread concerning underrated movies.... mostly looking for movies that many probably haven't seen.... always on the lookout for a diamond in the rough.

A couple that are really good off the top of my head that most haven't seen:

Outside Providence with Alec Baldwin... A comedy..absolutely hilarious movie. I was shocked with how funny Baldwin could be.

A Man Without a Face... A Mel Gibson movie that didn't really do much in the theatres..

A Perfect World... Clint Eastwood, Kevin Costner, and Laura Dern.. tremendous movie..

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-22-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Hostage... To me, Bruce Willis' best action movie without Die Hard in the title.

Cry_Wolf... Even though not the best movie, it's one of the better teen suspense movies to come out in the past 10 or so years.

Minority Report... One of only 3 Tom Cruise movies that i can stand to watch.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 01-22-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually thinking about Tom Cruise the other day while watching Jerry Maguire... I think that the only movie that I've seen him in over the past decade in which I remotely like him.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Lord of the Ring Trilogy....... wait, I think I missed something here....

American Splendor, Rushmore, The Thomas Crown Affair.... first three on the top of the mind.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I was actually thinking about Tom Cruise the other day while watching Jerry Maguire... I think that the only movie that I've seen him in over the past decade in which I remotely like him.

The other 2 movies were Rain Man and The Outsiders. I didn't like Jerry Maguire that much. His movies are good most of the time, but i just don't like the guy or his acting techniques.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

U2,

I don't think anyone who has seen Rushmore or American Splendor consider them underrated. They are both excellent films.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

3 films by the samd director (David Mammet)
1. The Spanish Prisoner - Steve Martin's best acting role?

2. Spartan - Val Kilmer's best acting role?

3. Heist - Gene Hackman is pure genius in this crime caper.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

I was a bit disappointed with The Spanish Prisoner.

One movie to throw out there is Election with Reese Witherspoon. Great movie.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:48 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Election was very good.

I have no idea how this will be received, but I really enjoyed Spanglish.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Spanglish was good...but, not sure that it was underrated or anything like that...

Two great movies in which half the people watching got up and walked out during the movie:
Punch Drunk Love - Adam Sandler
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - JCarrey, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood, girl from Spider-Man
Old 01-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the only reason I didn't walk out on punch drunk love.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #12
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
...girl from Spider-Man
Her name is Snaggletooth McHatchetface.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the only reason I didn't walk out on punch drunk love.
That was a brilliant movie...
Old 01-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Outside Providence with Alec Baldwin... A comedy..absolutely hilarious movie. I was shocked with how funny Baldwin could be..
are you currently, or have you ever been, a gay?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if its underrated, but I thought The Skeleton Key was a pretty good movie.

And for whatever reason, I actually laughed my ass off watching Pootie Tang.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-23-2006 at 12:13 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was a bit disappointed with The Spanish Prisoner.
further proof that you are insane.

Tears of the Sun was an excellant action flick that should get more praise...

Equilibrium was perhaps one the greatest action flicks ever...

Identity was deserving of fall more praise and attention than it received...

eternal sunshine was in no way underrated...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #17
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

As a guy who considers myself a bit of a film junkie/elitist (maybe i should change my title to "Media Snob"), I am still willing to admit that Pootie Tang made me laugh like crazy.

Punch Drunk Love was great, I'm a sucker for PTA movies, though.

Agree with Sike, I'm not sure who hates on Eternal Sunshine (unless he is through his response.) It sounds like you go to theaters filled with idiots, Murph.

I'll throw out a few, I guess.

25th Hour - Not sure if this is underrated or not. It's extremely good, and most people who have seen it think so, but I'm not sure how widely seen it is.

SLC Punk - Great film, somewhat unknown.

City of God - Definitely not underrated by anyone who has seen it, but I'm putting it here in the hopes that more people support this film. One of the best made in the past few years.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'd agree with 25th hour and equilibrium. both movies i liked (and own on dvd), that got very little critical accliam or publicity.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Equilibrium kicked ass, I agree with that. Also liked City of God a whole lot. How Shaun of the Dead and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels?

Last edited by bernardos70; 01-23-2006 at 12:45 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #20
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

pootie tang was such a weird movie. i was laughing like crazy, but at the same time i was wondering if it was the worst movie i'd ever seen. i'm leaning towards it being hysterical, but i really need to see it again because i just don't remember it well enough anymore.

also, city of god...damn good movie. i actually found it just looking at some of the highly rated movies on imdb, but i never would have heard of it otherwise. i've recommended it to a few people since then, none of whom had heard of it, and i think they all ended up enjoying it. definitely underrated.

as for eternal sunshine, i honestly don't know anyone who didn't like the movie. definitely a good movie, but not underrated in any way.

good thread, though. i'm always on the look out for good movies, especially because i'm having a harder and harder time finding quality films i haven't seen at blockbuster.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:34 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
are you currently, or have you ever been, a gay?
Dude, trust me.. No one hates the Baldwin family more than I do. But, he is genius in this movie. I didn't rent the movie for about a year just because it had him in it... Friends told me to check out the movie, so I did. It's one of the better comedies in the past decade.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

The only reason as to why I mentioned Eternal Sunshine as underrated is because so few have seen it compared to the average Jim Carrey movie. With that being said, there's nothing average about it when compared to other Jim Carrey movies.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:42 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for Guffman is a sheer comic masterpiece.

And my vote for most underrated movie ever goes to Trigger Happy.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Equilibrium was perhaps one the greatest action flicks ever...
I loved Equilibrium too. Although to be fair, I do believe it was a blatant rip off of Orwell's 1984 which is why I think it wasn't very successful.

A few movies on my list:

The Big Lebowski (IMO the funniest movie EVER)

Batman Returns (enjoyed a degree of box-office success, but isn't nearly as recognized as the first one)

Drowning Mona

The Hunted

Wayne's World (has been completely overshadowed by the Austin Powers movies, which I think aren't nearly as good)

The Abyss (IMO James Cameron's best movie, but wasn't very successful)

Any Given Sunday (one of my favorites, but everyone else seems to hate it)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-23-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Equilibrium sucked eggs. Just the few good posts its received in this thread makes it one of the most overrated movies in history.

However, Judge Dredd kicked butt.
Reign of Fire and Frailty would also be on my list of underrated movies.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne's World - genius

Election - never saw it, but a dude from Hamilton was in it.

capcity's comment on Kirsten Dunst - AMEN. I don't care what nobody says, that girl ain't pretty in the least.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

"Fear of a Black Hat" a hip hop spoof (like CB4 but more Spinal Tap) about a rap group called NWH (Nigg*z With Hats).
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dude, trust me.. No one hates the Baldwin family more than I do. But, he is genius in this movie. I didn't rent the movie for about a year just because it had him in it... Friends told me to check out the movie, so I did. It's one of the better comedies in the past decade.
i think it's great, too, that's why i quoted a line from it.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

sike - Didn't think Heist was that great. It had a great cast, but seemed to me like Lindo, Hackman, and DeVito all were forcing their acting.

Underrated movies...

Snatch, Minority Report, Pure Luck...those are a few.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #30
capitalcity
Diamond Member

"See, lce Cold, I'm the man. But we got Ice Tray, lce Coffee, lce Water... Ice Berg, lce Cup, lce Box.

I mean, it gets real ridiculous when people try to bite your style."

Niggaz with hats... excellent, excellent movie.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Minority Report was such a disappointment to say the least.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Minority Report was such a disappointment to say the least.
Gonna have to disagree with you there. My least favorite genre of movies are sci-fi (still haven't seen any star wars movies), and i don't like Tom Cruise, but this was good. Although i could definitely see why someone wouldn't like it.

~The Salesman
Old 01-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #33
capitalcity
Diamond Member

My favorite Tom Cruise move is the one where the evil alien xenu came down to earth and set off nuclear blasts and polluted the minds of everybody on earth.

Good, good movie.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #34
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, cap, that's a little nuts.

OTOH, Battlefield Earth is another very underrated movie!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Roger Dodger.

In the Company of Men.

Metropolitan.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-23-2006 at 01:16 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #36
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Quote:

Magnolia

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
From Chaffy: 25th Hour - Not sure if this is underrated or not. It's extremely good, and most people who have seen it think so, but I'm not sure how widely seen it is.

SLC Punk - Great film, somewhat unknown.

City of God - Definitely not underrated by anyone who has seen it, but I'm putting it here in the hopes that more people support this film. One of the best made in the past few years.
I get the feeling that we like the same stuff Chaff....
City of God has some of the most spectacular camera work for any film to date
and 25th is perhaps Spike Lee's best film...amazing cast!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
sike - Didn't think Heist was that great. It had a great cast, but seemed to me like Lindo, Hackman, and DeVito all were forcing their acting.
you probably just don't like Mamment's style...

Quote:
Underrated movies...

Snatch, Minority Report, Pure Luck...those are a few.
I feel like Snatch and Minority Report (while both were quality) got plenty of press....

Old 01-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Equilibrium sucked eggs. Just the few good posts its received in this thread makes it one of the most overrated movies in history.

However, Judge Dredd kicked butt.
Reign of Fire and Frailty would also be on my list of underrated movies.
who else has seen frailty??? cause that is small film genius! I bought it as soon as it came out on dvd!!! Bill Paxson is actually good in at least one film!!!! He directed it as well.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #40
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ah, frailty. also a very good movie.

anyone seen Tigerland? I liked that one as well. colin farrell's first real role, i think.

kiki, i really liked the first 3/4 of Roger Dodger. the ending threw it off for me.