Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Super Bowl Pre-Game

First, I turned the TV on only to get Micahel Irvin, Steve Young and Tom Jackson YELLING into the camera.
Someone needs to tell them that they don't have to scream to be heard. It's only the pre-game. TV off.

Try again later. Turn back to ABC only to get them rehashing the Darryl Stingley tragedy. Lots of face-time for the oh-so-untelegenic Jack Tatum. Are you kidding me? What a downer, and with no relevance whatsoever to this game. Are they trying to build viewership, or drive people away? TV back off.

I'm going out for a walk.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

They essentially started the pregame stuff last night.

WAAAAAAY too much pregame hype.

Kenny Mayne is making nachoes with Martha Stuart. Do we really need that?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
First, I turned the TV on only to get Micahel Irvin, Steve Young and Tom Jackson YELLING into the camera.
Someone needs to tell them that they don't have to scream to be heard. It's only the pre-game. TV off.

Try again later. Turn back to ABC only to get them rehashing the Darryl Stingley tragedy. Lots of face-time for the oh-so-untelegenic Jack Tatum. Are you kidding me? What a downer, and with no relevance whatsoever to this game. Are they trying to build viewership, or drive people away? TV back off.

I'm going out for a walk.
Did you find the walk quite refreshing? I certainly hope you did. I know that a good, long walk will do wonders for me when my emotions are running out of control.

I can only imagine what a strain that television-watching experience must have placed upon you. It was stressful just listening to you tell it. I loathe to imagine what it must have been like in real life. Thank god for the little favors, that I didn't have to put up with the same. I don't know how I managed to avoid it, but at this point I'm thinking that the safest thing to do would be to not tempt fate and just accept my good fortune.

Of course I feel bad for you, being that you weren't afforded such an option. But in this case I hope you will understand.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Chum,

I appreciate your taking the time to write. I trust it was cathartic for you on some level as well.

ABC's coverage of sporting events in general has so declined in recent years, that as you may have heard, they are getting out of the Monday Night Football business. Small mercies.

The declining ratings can only have meant that more people were taking walks during their telecasts. Finally, I feel as if I'm part of a movement!

Far from stressful, the sub-medicore pre-game actually reminded me that watching the game with the sound down makes it MUCH more enjoyable.

I recommend it!

Thank you again for your concern and for your support in this matter.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote