Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Is Season 1 or 2 better?
Season 1 is better 6 42.86%
Season 2 is better 4 28.57%
They're both about the same. 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost Season 1 vs Lost Season 2

Ok, first off, I have to ask a favor. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT SEASON 2. I just watched Season 1 on DVD. I won't start Season 2 until it comes out on DVD. So, here's my question. Is season 1 or 2 better? I want to know whether or not to get excited about Season 2.

And once again, please don't give me any info on Season 2.. Just vote and say 'yes' or 'no'.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Season 2 is better...

I don' think this is much of a spoiler, just something to whet you appetite, but just in case:

***Spoiler***

You see what is down the hatch
You see the monster
Another main character gets the axe
You meet other survivors
You run into the "others" again
You understand the survivors with much greater depth.
You understand the island much more (although much mystery remains)

***End Spoiler***

Those are just a few of the highlights regarding why I like Season 2 more than Season 1.

Last edited by XERXES; 02-05-2006 at 11:33 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I voted Season 2 is better.... but really there is no way to tell because Season 2 isn't finished yet.

But so far so good. Of course, the writers could screw that up. But so far so good.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I think they're equal, but different...

Season 1 - great flashbacks (walkabout is simply one of the best episodes of any TV show I've ever seen), slowly learn a little bit about the island

Season 2 - learn a hell of a lot more about the island, weaker flashbacks.

I'd say they balance out, and would consider them equal.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In all honesty, if one can wait, there's no better way to watch a dramatic TV series than by just buying the entire season and knocking out all 20+ episodes in a week. There's so much more continuity.... Never any let downs from a bad episode because you can just watch the next...

I found the same true with 24. I watched one season on the normal TV schedule and three by buying the DVD's... It's so much better buying the DVD's and just knocking them out.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
In all honesty, if one can wait, there's no better way to watch a dramatic TV series than by just buying the entire season and knocking out all 20+ episodes in a week. There's so much more continuity.... Never any let downs from a bad episode because you can just watch the next...

I found the same true with 24. I watched one season on the normal TV schedule and three by buying the DVD's... It's so much better buying the DVD's and just knocking them out.
that's how I got hooked on arrested development.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3

Completely agree. That's how I watched the first season of Lost as well. This season has been good, but not nearly as good as Season 1 for me, and I think it is mainly because of how I watched Season 1.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
that's how I got hooked on arrested development.
me too.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think season 2 is a perfect continuation and expansion of season one...so it might be considered better but only becaue it builds upon season one so beautifully adding character depth and expanded storyline..answering some questions (kinda) while only raising others...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 02-06-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Lost is such a "water cooler" show (or now, i guess "internet message board" show). It's fun to talk about after the episodes have aired, as evidenced by our thread here.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #11
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Wow didn't thought that I'm the only one , but I think Season one was much better then season 2. They also talk about making a third season. I hope they do not. It's getting boring in season 2 already they move forward so slowly and I don't think you can extend this story without making it crappy a la X-Files.

Okay apparently I'm not the only one *g*

Last edited by NXperience; 02-06-2006 at 11:51 AM.
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
Wow didn't thought that I'm the only one , but I think Season one was much better then season 2. They also talk about making a third season. I hope they do not. It's getting boring in season 2 already they move forward so slowly and I don't think you can extend this story without making it crappy a la X-Files.

they have the show planned out to at least 6 seasons...

Old 02-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

there is no way in hell they don't make a 3rd season.

there's always the risk that the show could jump the shark, but i don't see that anytime soon.

on a side note, anyone see the "Addicted to Lost" commerical during the super bowl? since it applied to me, i loved it.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience

let me suggest...that if you don't like season 2....you may wanna drop the show.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
let me suggest...that if you don't like season 2....you may wanna drop the show.
Nah I like that show. But I think Season 1 was far superior. In season 2 there is always a great episode and then there follows 2 not so good ones. But it's watchable
But 6 seasons ... I think it will get boring I was shocked from a 3rd ^^
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
on a side note, anyone see the "Addicted to Lost" commerical during the super bowl? since it applied to me, i loved it.
Yeah it was pretty sad. I'm sitting there pointing at the screen/grinning like an idiot and all of my friends are looking at me like I'm loony.

Last edited by Jbrjo; 02-06-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen lost. Ever.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I have never seen lost. Ever.
then you have never lived. Ever.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

lol. Funny thing is i watch a good bit of tv.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
lol. Funny thing is i watch a good bit of tv.
well...not the "good bit" any way

Last edited by sike; 02-06-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

smallville and the mavs.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

might I suggest a few shows: Scrubs, Boston Legal, Family Guy, The Office, My Name is Earl, and Lost.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #24
Five-ofan
Guru

Default Yeah

Yeah i watch family guy alot and boston legal too (loved the practice and james spader is awesome not to mention that rhona mitra is flat out gorgeous(yeah i know she isnt still on the show)) I just dont watch them as much as i do smallville or the mavs.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

....Lost, Smallville, Little House on the Prairie, Highway to Heaven, 24, House, and CSI.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

what?...no Bananza, murph?