Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Restaurant thread.

I'm always on the lookout for good things to eat at restaurants..whether they be sit down or fast food...

We desperately need a thread concerning this in the lounge..

So, where do you like to eat and what's good there? Or, what's bad there... or what restaurants just suck a nut in general.

I went to Friday's a couple weeks ago and got the entree, appetizer and desert for 12.99 or whatever...

Appetizer - Chipotle chips and queso ---------- terrible
Entree - Pulled pork sandwich ---------------- pretty mediocre
Desert - Cinabon Cheesecake ----------- mediocre at best.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Fridays blows chunks. I used to go there for the pot stickers but the local franchise got rid of them on the menu. It was the only thing edible on their menu. I saw a Fridays ad on tv the other day and there they were....pot stickers. But could we possibly have them here? Hell no.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

They had them at the one that I went to Doc...
As for Friday's... I'm not a huge fan of it, BUT, I do enjoy their Chiabatta chicken pasta dishes... And, they're burgers aren't bad. Their Chicken Finger sandwich is good so is the Italiano sandwich.

Overall, I would say that their selection is poor.. That in which they do have often isn't that good and is usually overpriced. The Jack Daniels menu isn't bad...but, it's overpriced for what you get.

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-22-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

I would like to recommend Cristina's...great little Mexican restaurant. There's one in Roanoke, Lewisville, and Plano.. There might be a couple others, but those are the only ones that I've been to.

What to get... Chipotle Ribs.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Another place to try is Joe's Pasta and Pizza in Keller. You get so much freaking food for your money.

Good items:

Lasagna
Stromboli
Calzonne (sp?)
Pizza (amazing)
Antipasta salad
Their bread is great in general
Chicken Parm...

You can get enough bread to feed a family and a stromboli plus a drink for around $5.00... maybe a little less.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Two Mexican Food Restaurants that should be tried by all:

Ana Mia's (In Flower Mound, southeast corner of 2499 and 3040)

Tupinamba in Dallas. The address is 12270 Inwood Rd, it's basically at the southwest corner of 635 and the tollway. I have been numerous times but have only had one thing (the first thing I tried and it's so good I can't bring myself to order anything else 'cause I don't know when I'll be back) - Pollo Diablo. The only bad thing about this place is the fact the owner is a huge aTm fan, so you have to deal with the Aggie references throughout the restaurant.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

There's an Ana Mia's in Southlake. I don't remember what I got, but it was good.... very good Salsa and guacamole... Maybe the best Salsa that I've had at a restaurant..
Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

Anyone else suddenly really really hungry? Damn you Murphy, there goes my diet.
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, the salsa makes the restaurant in my opinion. The greatest thing about it is the fact that you can go one day and it will be so dang hot you can hardly stand it, but can't stop eating it... then the next time you go it will be not quite as hot but still the flavor is really good. Plus, they always have the Mavs playing on the TV's when they are on (or the Stars/Cowboys) and you can see the TV's from anywhere in the restaurant.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I would like to recommend Cristina's...great little Mexican restaurant. There's one in Roanoke, Lewisville, and Plano.. There might be a couple others, but those are the only ones that I've been to.

What to get... Chipotle Ribs.
Ahem... the Cristina's is in Trophy Club.

Represent.

Edit... there's also one in Flower Mound, on 1171 out west a little way, sort of in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-22-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway.....

If you like sammiches like I like sammiches, go to Weinberger's on Main Street in Grapevine. That place is awesome. I've been going there at least once a week for something like two years.

Mexican food... to me, they pretty much all run together, but I like Los Amigos in Grapevine. Free charro beans with every entree and overall it's pretty cheap.

Hamburgers... Snuffer's is my new favorite, but you really can't eat there often. It'll kill you.

Fast food... CHICKEN EXPRESS. The greatest. In high school, me and some buddies always used to drive from Hamilton to Stephenville to get 60 tenders and 6 family-sized side orders from Chicken Express. I also dig me some Whataburger and Chipotle. And Wendy's. Gotta rep for Wendy's.

Random places... there's a place called Pollo Fiesta that does mostly takeout. They have a few locations. You can get a whole chicken plus rice, beans and tortillas for something like $13. The chicken is marinated/rubbed with some stuff that practically turns it orange/red, and it is damn tasty.

Sushi... Cowtown Sushi in Southlake. Bad name, awesome sushi. Everybody I know that's been there has said it's the best all around sushi they've found in DFW.

I'll pretty much eat anything, though, so maybe I'm a bad judge of quality.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-22-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Ahem... the Cristina's is in Trophy Club.

Represent.

Edit... there's also one in Flower Mound, on 1171 out west a little way, sort of in the middle of nowhere.
You're right..It is in Trophy Club. I didn't know about the one in Fl.Mound... Only been to the three I mentioned.

As for Chicken Express...Well, their Tea is consistent. You just don't get that from most fast food places. I went there yesterday and got tenders, tea and a biscuit. It's solid..Plus, they always give me extra tenders.

Whataburger..good burger... great taquitos...solid fries
Wendy's... great value
Chipotle... 1200 calories in one burrito is right up my alley.

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-22-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The one in Flower Mound (out in the middle of nowhere) is about 2 miles from my Dad's house, it's the original one. And it was not called Cristina's originally it was Angelina's. But it's the same family owned restaurant(s).

The story why the name changed was a bit soap opera-ish.... And I can't remember all the details but had something to do with a daughter and a Mother. Angelina the Mom, and Cristina the daughter. My Dad knows the story, but it obviously gives me tired head, much like I'm probably giving you tired head right now reading this.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The one in Flower Mound (out in the middle of nowhere) is about 2 miles from my Dad's house, it's the original one. And it was not called Cristina's originally it was Angelina's. But it's the same family owned restaurant(s).

The story why the name changed was a bit soap opera-ish.... And I can't remember all the details but had something to do with a daughter and a Mother. Angelina the Mom, and Cristina the daughter. My Dad knows the story, but it obviously gives me tired head, much like I'm probably giving you tired head right now reading this.
Interesting. That Christina's is only a couple miles from my in-laws house as well(Double Oak). Ate there a lot while my then-girlfriend and I were in highschool.

For Pizza/Stromboli in the area, I recommend Vito's at 183 and Esters in Irving.

Joe T's is an obvious choice for Mexican.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Bangkok Royal in Waco, (for those of you that might be driving through)...

My favorite food in the world is Thai and I have tried probably 12 different Thai restaurants in and out of state in major cities and I have never found a restaurant with better food than this place. It is off of University Parks near the Baylor campus.

What to get: Pad Kee Mao, Pad Kana, or Green Curry for those Curry lovers! I VERY MUCH so recommend the Spring Rolls and/or Ginger Chicken Soup as appetizers.

My wife and I eat here almost every time we are in Waco...
Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Dan- Bangkok...well lets just say they have been shut down the last few days and you do not want to know why. Not sure when/if they come back. Otherwise heck yeah....egg roll, the ginger soup and just about everything else.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-22-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT??????

Are you serious???

THIS PLACE HAS AMAZING FOOD AND I WOULD BE AMAZED IF THEY HAD HEALTH VIOLATIONS AS I HAVE BEEN IN THEIR KITCHEN AND IT WAS IMMACULATE!!! I have been there so much that I know the owner and his son pretty well!

PM me about this Doc!

EDIT: Check for yourself... They are pretty good in this area: http://www.mclennanpublichealth.org/...onscores_b.htm

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-22-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Although I know a lot more I can't tell yo uany more. sorry dan.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Doc is in the Waco Mob.

I thought about mentioning Thai..I love the stuff too, and I've been craving it a ton lately. Thai Chili in Southlake and Thai Tango in Flower Mound are two good places that try to be fancy schmancy, which I'm not into. But Thai Chili in particular is pretty affordable and gives you lots of food. You just have to tolerate Southlake Town Square and all that comes with it.

There's a place near 635 and MacArthur called T.H.A.I.S. (inexplicably named and abbreviated, I know) that I've had for lunch that's cheap, quick for having waiters, and damn good.

And there's an okay place in Grapevine - Thai Rice. They used to have a buffet but now they do lunch specials for about $6. It's good, just not a ton of food.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-22-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Fuhgedaboutit.....if you want the best burger and fries you ever put in your mouth find Cupps Drive In in Waco. Oh my.....

Last edited by Drbio; 02-23-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:01 AM   #21
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

have any of you guys eaten at either of the the two Love & War in Texas Locations? I'm a regular.

www.loveandwarintexas.com
Old 02-23-2006, 12:17 AM   #22
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
have any of you guys eaten at either of the the two Love & War in Texas Locations? I'm a regular.

www.loveandwarintexas.com
I've heard about it, but sometimes businesses/products/companies/services/whatevers force me to boycott them purely because they have a stupid name.

Love & War in Texas sounds more likely to sell furniture than grub.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

For a hole-in-the-wall burger place, and other stuff really, it's hard to beat Texas Hamburger Factory in Highland Village/Flower Mound. Huge fan of that place.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if all these places are outside CA.

Tahoe Joe's for steak. I like the ponderosa with a baked potato.

La Morenita for Mexican. The sope, cheese enchiladas, chile relleno, chicken taquitos or chicken tamales. And if you love guacamole like me, it's the best around, imo.

China Express for lemon chicken and pan-fried noodles (no meat/veggies). Don't forget the crab puffs.

Verona's or Johnny Carino's for Italian. The Margherita pizza, cheese raviolis in the oven, fresh fried mozzarella or pepperoni bread for appetizers, caesar salad, or any pasta with red sauce. I like penne best.

MOAB's for a burger and fries.

D'boni's or Round Table for pizza.

The Elephant Bar offers a bit of everything. The chicken fajita's call me most the time but love the shrimp dishes as well.

San Francisco for crab. Loui's in Pier 39 for a sandwich or half a crab or the crab cakes. Cioppino's at the end of the Wharf, near Ghiradelli Square.

Fast food ... Garcia Jo-Jo's, Foster Farms.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:34 AM   #25
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:56 AM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Outback Steakhouse, bar none, has the best steaks of any major full-service restaurants. And i'm not just saying that cause i work there.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:20 AM   #27
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I've heard about it, but sometimes businesses/products/companies/services/whatevers force me to boycott them purely because they have a stupid name.

Love & War in Texas sounds more likely to sell furniture than grub.
True dat. double true. The year they opened the owners read an article in the WSJ that said the most popular words in US newspapers from the previous year had been love, war, and texas. so the story goes.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Outback Steakhouse, bar none, has the best steaks of any major full-service restaurants. And i'm not just saying that cause i work there.
Hmm. I think I'd have to go with Saltgrass....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
For a hole-in-the-wall burger place, and other stuff really, it's hard to beat Texas Hamburger Factory in Highland Village/Flower Mound. Huge fan of that place.
That is no doubt. Really good Burgers. I'm shocked we've never run into each other jthig... although I guess we could have and don't know it.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #30
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Hmm. I think I'd have to go with Saltgrass....
Word.

I'd rather grill a steak myself, but if I'm going to go to a steakhouse and spend $25 or less, it's Saltgrass or nothing.

I will have to try that burger joint in FM/HV.. I have some relatives in Lantana that I hang out with a lot.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Rhylan... It's on 407 (Justin Road) coming from 35 go West on 407. It's on the right.... maybe a quarter of a mile, half a mile down from 35. Past McDonalds, I think there is a Texaco in the same shopping strip.

It's not fast food. So don't expect a quick turnaround on the order... plus everytime I've been the place is packed with people sitting down and waiting for orders they've placed, but that maybe a weekend night thing.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #32
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Wow, that smells like Lewisville to me, moreso than FM or Highland Village. Either way. I'll have to give it a try.

Speaking of Lewisville... that is the location of the closest WingStop to me. Tragedy.

The nearest Taco Cabana to me is all the way down at Beach & Western Center in Fort Worth. This is an even greater tragedy. In college I lived about a mile from Taco C. Super Tex-Mex - that's where it's at.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #33
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Wing Stop is terrrrible. If you go to the Lewisville location, do yourself a favor and go across the street to the Wing Zone. The pieces are enormous. The meat is ender and juicy.

Plus, they have world famous potato wedges. Good stuff.

I have a Wing Stop two blocks away from me in Flower Mound, but I'd gladly drive the 10 minutes to the Wing Zone on Business 121 in Lewisville to get my wing fix.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #34
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I love threads like these.

Rhylan - I agree about Saltgrass. Excellent steaks. I'm hoping we get one when the newest round of restaurants comes to Waco in the fall/winter.

Doc - There are a lot of good burger joints in Waco, but I think my personal favorite is Kitok's. Gotta love those oriental fries with it, too....
Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #35
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Awwww ape, I love me some WingStop. It's awesome. But, I'll try the other place.

I didn't know FM had a WingStop, actually... that one's gotta be closer to me. Wooo hooo! I'm goin' tomorrow!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Whoever said Saltgrass is dead on. Saltgrass has great bread, great chicken tortilla soup, and great 18 ounce T-Bones... That's what I get when I go there. Plus, they give you your own individual pitcher of tea. If I want to change things up there, I'll go with the chicken fried steak..

I'm not a big steak fan at Outback. They do have very tasty chicken fried steak there, but it is sure to make you sick. It is so greasy that it's likely to come out one end or the other sooner rather than later.

But, I would say that Outback has great cheese fries and bread.. That's pretty much the best they have to offer.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever end up just west of the Metroplex, I can give you a few restaurants I think are good.

If you are in Weatherford. Stop at Montanas (Chicken Fried Steak, Grilled Chicken, Pork Chops) or at the Mesquite Pit (Great BBQ all mesquite flamed). Also have a Joe's Pizza, but it is hard to find.

If you are in Stephenville. They have a Montanas (see above) and a Jake and Dorthy's (Family food).

If you end up in Mineral Wells. Go west of town to the Longhorn -- excellent burgers.

All three towns also have Chicken Express if you need a quick chicken and tea fix.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
Wing Stop is terrrrible. If you go to the Lewisville location, do yourself a favor and go across the street to the Wing Zone. The pieces are enormous. The meat is ender and juicy.

Plus, they have world famous potato wedges. Good stuff.

I have a Wing Stop two blocks away from me in Flower Mound, but I'd gladly drive the 10 minutes to the Wing Zone on Business 121 in Lewisville to get my wing fix.
Let's just say I now know the ape and Rhylan have been no further away from my house than .5 a mile.

I'm moving now, since the rif-raf have moved in.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

I can't say that I'm a fan of WingStop either.. The last time I ate there..well, it wasn't edible.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Plus, they give you your own individual pitcher of tea.
Bingo. This alone sets them apart for me even if their steaks were simply on par with everyone else. That pitcher of tea is the perfect size for me. I love not having to wait for a refill.

Although, I do usually have to make the waiter stop trying to refill my glass for me. Jeez. The pitcher's right there, I'll refill when I'm good and ready!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game