Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold
Default who CAN we pick?

I'm assuming Van Horn is leaving after this year. this leaves a hole at backup PF, and as of now, we've still got a draft pick. who can we go after? the guys that figure to be around when we pick aren't looking so hot, at least to me.

POSSIBLE:
Marco Killingsworth - too small, no jumpshot, thug
Taj Gray
Craig Smith
Kevin Pittsnoggle
Paul Davis

Pittsnoggle might be worth a look. Davis might too. we obviously need a PF, but man, can any of those dudes cut it?

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 02-27-2006 at 01:09 PM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

maybe that's why we're sending Powell to Fort Worth--give the guy some minutes, see if he's got the chops to be Dirk's primary backup.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

1st Round
Nick Fazekas - 6'11 - Nevada
Kevin Pittsnogle - 6'10 - West Virginia
Marcus Vinicius - 6'9 - Brazil (Nba draft net has us taking him)
Matt Haryasz - 6'10 - Stanford

2nd Round
Brad Buckman - 6'8 - Texas
Craig Smith - 6'7 - Boston College
Eric Williams - 6'8 - Wake Forest
Pops Mensah-Bonsu - 6'8 - George Washington
JP Batista - 6'9 - Gonzaga
Justin Williams - 6'10 - Wyoming

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I like our team a lot and I think we already have the talent, so I'd go with James White just for the highlight plays.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

I think if we are looking to having an offensive threat to backup Dirk, then I would go with Pittsnogle or Fazekas in the first or Batista in the second ... if we are looking for a tough defensive minded, worker then I would go with Buckman orWilliams ...

I doubt Batista would be available when we pick in the second, but I like his game for a second round pick ... good size, decent range ... very average on the defensive end ...

Fazekas though intrigues me ... kid has an amazing shot, I think he would fit in well if KVH is gone ....

That said I would rather keep KVH if we decided to have a scoring PF behind dirk .... Fazekas and Pittsnogle are "poor" mens KVH

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I would either go w/a forward to back up Benga, or a shooting guard to replace Daniels since it looks like, once again, he will not be in our playoff rotation.

The best shooting guard: James White
The best power forward: Justin Williams
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #7
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I like Guillermo Diaz of Miami. He is an AI/JET/Francis type of player, so if for some reason Terry doesnt resign with us, he would be a great pick as a replacement.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I considered Diaz, but I think it'd take him a long time to refine himself like Terry has. he would be out of control if he was given much leeway, and as a backup, I don't think he'd have much (Harris doesn't even have that yet). a vet is a better option, imo.

I'm liking Pittsnoggle's game to replace Van Horn, though.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

The more I see, the more I like Pittsnoggle. Not sure if he will be there by time we get a pick. but if he is, I say take him.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Nick Fazekas is the only player of the ones mentioned above that really stands out, and that's only becauase of his rebounding ability.
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

give me a point guard to replace Darrel Armstrong. Harris looks like he's got the injury bug. We need some real depth at the position.

Marcus Willams maybe? If not, then Diaz might work.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I like Madape's thinking here. We need depth at the pg position to make-up for DA's energy when he retires. Plus, Powell looked pretty good last night and will already have some NBA experience under his belt.

Williams and Diaz both look like good options.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RealGM: Dallas Front Office

Flying Under The Radar: Marcus Slaughter (Linkage)
Alex Cohen - 18th February, 2006 8:29 PM

In today's college basketball world, where prestigious east coast universities like Duke and North Carolina capture much of the media attention, one west coast player, Marcus Slaughter, is trying to obliterate all the biases that come along with the mention of west coast basketball. And he's turning heads doing it.

Marcus Anthony Slaughter was born March 18,1985 in San Leonzo, California. He graduated from J.W. North High School where he only played two years of organized basketball, and was rated the 80th best prep player by www.Insider.com, earning honorable All-American status.

After averaging 24 points and 9 rebounds in the MWC tournament last year, Slaughter decided to test the NBA draft waters, without hiring an agent (leaving him the option of returning to college). While at workouts with other NBA draft hopefuls, he realized he was not prepared for such a big step, deciding to return to SDSU for his junior season.

So far this season, Slaughter has averaged 17 and 11, and shooting nearly 50% from the field, while propelling the Aztecs to first place in the Mountain West. Against Washington State, in a non-conference game, Slaughter wooed scouts by dropping 26 and 17, while the rest of his team could manage only 23 points…

SDSU is now in first place, but it is not only because of Slaughter's great statistics. Another junior, Brandon Heath, is having his best season yet, and is also drawing praise from many NBA scouts.

Along with junior transfer Mohamed Abukar (Florida), and freshmen Richie Williams and Kyle Spain, the Aztecs are looking as strong as ever, and prepared for a postseason run.

If he was to leave after this season, as many fans suspect he will, Slaughter is a likely late round draft pick, and a good fit for a team like the Mavericks, who is full of offensive enigmas (Dirk, Howard), but lacks the strong defensive abilities that will take them to the NBA finals.

Although I think that Slaughter is almost certain to leave the Aztecs following this season, personally, I think the best move for him is to stay for his senior year. If he does stay, he would draw more praise from NBA scouts, as he could very well be college basketball's leading rebounder. This idea alone can enhance his rising draft status.

If the Aztecs win their conference tournament, as expected, they are a dangerous Cinderella team come March Madness. With junior leadership from Slaughter, Heath, and Abukar, quickness from Earl Boykins-esque guard Richie Williams (freshman), and the powerful rebounding of another freshman Kyle Spain, the Aztecs have the ability to bust many brackets come postseason play.

In the pre-season, college basketball's most famous voice, Dick Vitale, named Slaughter to his All-Windex team, awarded to the nations top rebounders. Vitale saw NBA abilities that many NBA scouts have not yet seen.

Marcus Slaughter is leading the Aztecs to the postseason, and will continue putting up his 17 points and 11 rebounds , while garnishing no national media attention. But when the dust settles, he will be in the NBA, because he has the talent. It's only a matter of time until scouts start realizing it.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #14
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

he could be another one of those steals that we seem to get every year lately.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Here's what we should do

1. pick up a veteran PG in free-agency (i'm thinkin DA minus 2 years plus a jump shot), because the primary reason harris doesnt start when hes healthy is inexperience/lack of control in nba game, so it seems illogical draft a rookie to back up harris

2. DRAFT PITTSNOGLE. who wouldnt love shirts for sale in the gift shop saying "pittsnogle" on the back. i'd buy like 5
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Abukar-San Diego State?
Law IV-Texas A&M?
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #17
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantbenmav
1st Round
Nick Fazekas - 6'11 - Nevada
Kevin Pittsnogle - 6'10 - West Virginia
Marcus Vinicius - 6'9 - Brazil (Nba draft net has us taking him)
Matt Haryasz - 6'10 - Stanford

2nd Round
Brad Buckman - 6'8 - Texas
Craig Smith - 6'7 - Boston College
Eric Williams - 6'8 - Wake Forest
Pops Mensah-Bonsu - 6'8 - George Washington
JP Batista - 6'9 - Gonzaga
Justin Williams - 6'10 - Wyoming
I saw an ESPN story on Pops Mensah-Bonsu and his talent intrigues me. He seems like a great guy to have on the Mavericks and if it is possible to get him I hope Donnie is all over it.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #18
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

^ I'll be interested to see how well he plays against Shelden Williams today
Old 03-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #19
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Yeni Nicholson - PF/C

With M'Benga gone, we'd be down to only 2 guys capable of playing C in Diop and Dampier. Nicholson has long arms and is a good shot-blocker, plus he's bulky so he's hard to move in the post yet still relatively mobile so he can run the floor and not get left in the dust on a fast break. He could end up like a very poor man's Elton Brand or at least another Ike Diogu.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=342
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #20
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

You know that draftexpress has the mavs taking millsap and then glen big baby davis going right after that. I would rather have davis. Although I haven't seen much of Millsap. Davis is a banger and is huge. The only thing is will he end up being another tractor traylor. What do you guys think
Old 03-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #21
mavs_own

mavs_own is on a distinguished road

Pops!!!!!
mavs_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #22
Flip41

Millsap and Davis are more consistent stat wise than Mensah-Bonsu. Also younger by two or three years. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

if the mavs drafted pittsnogle, i would cut all ties with the organization. 1) that tats are hideous! 2) the guy can't rebound, can't defend, and can't play in the post. he seems like the antithesis of what avery's trying to do in dallas. i just cannot see them taking a guy like pittsnogle.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #24
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i'll take 3 of them pittsnogle's shirts please. Genius!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #25
johoquisydirkjet

johoquisydirkjet can only hope to improve

After watching tonight's national championship game, I'm conviced the Mavs should draft Cory Brewer. The kid has a decent jump shot, rebounds well, and is a great perimeter defender. The only thing is that he's still a sophomore. Anybody think he'll declare since the Gators won the championship already.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

brewer was quoted last week, saying that he (and the other gators underclassmen) would all be back next year.

of course, that was last week.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #27
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Nevada's Fazekas to enter draft, but won't hire agentAssociated Press

RENO, Nev. -- Nevada junior Nick Fazekas said Thursday he will enter the 2006 NBA draft but without an agent so that he can return for his senior year if it looks like he won't be a first-round pick.

"More than likely, if I'm not a first-round pick then you'll probably see me back here," Fazekas told reporters during a news conference on the Reno campus.

Fazekas, a 6-foot-11 forward who shoots well from the outside, finished 16th in the NCAA in scoring this season averaging 21.8 points and was 15th in rebounding with 10.4 per game. He was named a third-team All-American by The Associated Press and was the Western Athletic Conference's player of the year.

Nevada coach Mark Fox, who joined Fazekas at the news conference, said he supported the decision of his star player from Arvada, Colo. He said they submitted official papers to the NBA on Thursday.

"Everyone has to understand that from day one, when Nick was in high school, this was his dream to play in the NBA. I'm extremely happy for him that he has a chance to pursue it," Fox said.

"He'll be able to get an education from the NBA exactly where he sits and then he can make an educated decision," he said.

Fazekas said the NBA advisory board indicated to him and Fox last year that he likely would have been a second-round pick if he'd entered the 2005 NBA draft. Most reports project him as a late first-round pick this year, which would earn him a guaranteed contract.

If a player doesn't hire an agent, he can withdraw by June 17 from the draft, to be held June 27 at New York's Madison Square Garden, and retain his college eligibility.

"Really, nothing could go wrong right now without getting an agent," Fazekas said Thursday.

"It's a waste of time for me to go in the second round. You are not guaranteed anything in the second round," he said.

Fazekas said his parents supported his decision. He said he and Fox decided about a week ago this was the route to go.

"I've been back and forth. We weighed the pluses and minuses and decided it would be good to test the waters," said Fazekas, who led Nevada to a 27-6 record this year and its third straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament.

He said he made a mistake thinking too much about the NBA during his sophomore year and adopted "reverse psychology" this season.

"Last year, it did me bad to really think about the NBA all the time. The more that I didn't think about it, the better off I was ... If I was just worried about winning the game we were playing that night and not worrying about impressing people," he said.

"Trying to put up certain things, do stuff I wasn't capable of doing, then that was going to hurt me," he said.

Joe Fazekas, his father, told the Reno Gazette-Journal on Wednesday that his son would likely enter the draft without an agent.

"Another year [of college basketball], that wouldn't be the end of the world," Joe Fazekas said. "If it doesn't work out like he thinks it will, he could still go back. He's a celebrity in Reno. It's fun for him."
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #28
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
Yeni Nicholson - PF/C

With M'Benga gone, we'd be down to only 2 guys capable of playing C in Diop and Dampier. Nicholson has long arms and is a good shot-blocker, plus he's bulky so he's hard to move in the post yet still relatively mobile so he can run the floor and not get left in the dust on a fast break. He could end up like a very poor man's Elton Brand or at least another Ike Diogu.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=342
I was thinking about either Nicholson or Solomon Jones. But, guess who Nicholson is compared to on Draftexpress?

Dampier, the lightning rod!
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #29
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4
I was thinking about either Nicholson or Solomon Jones. But, guess who Nicholson is compared to on Draftexpress?

Dampier, the lightning rod!
Well, how about we sign CHA C/PF Melvin Ely to back up Diop/Damp/Dirk and replace KVH and then maybe we can use our pick to draft a swingman, say Richard Roby, who can shoot the 3 and who could eventually replace Stackhouse? I like Ely as he's relatively young, big, tough and energetic and he'd make a nice backup to Dirk at PF plus he's versatile enough to log minutes at C. With a young PF/C group in CHA of Sean May, Brezec and Okafor, Ely probably would like to be on a a team that will give him a few more minutes and/or is a little mature and closer to the playoffs.

Speedy Claxton is also a FA. He'd make a nice backup/complement to Harris, plus I think he'd be a little less expensive than signing Mike James or re-signing Terry.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #30
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

I'm with madape here. Here is the situation.

KVH is gone, is there any S&T that might happen?
Terry needs to be resigned but might not be.
Benga needs to be resigned but might not be.
Does DA move to the coaching staff or stay as 3rd PG?
Depending on the playoffs and Terry, 1 to 2 of these guys are on the move Stack/Daniels/Marshall.

Right now if we just lose KVH, then I say we get a backup PG to slide Terry to SG on a permanent basis. If we can pick up a decent backup PF in free agency, then you do that and drop marshall. I like the kid but how many 2 guards can we have that can't shoot past 12 feet? Powell would get most of the minutes with the Veteran playing a DA kind of role.

If we lose Terry then all bets are off and we have to go out and get a real 2 guard that can play right now.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The most important thing is to resign Terry.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #32
gomavs5

gomavs5 is an unknown quantity at this point

even though I am a longhorns Fan, I would like the Mavs to draft Taj Gray. He has a good jump shot, and is one of the most athletic players in the draft.
gomavs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #33
atrewsfan
Banned

[edited]

http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2006

It's an interesting mock draft. We could use a 3rd PG to replace Armstrong who could be done after the season. I'd rather use the 1st-rounder on a big man who could replace KVH behind Dirk.

Last edited by atrewsfan; 05-24-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #34
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like that mock has the Mavs taking TWO point guards.. no thanks!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

In both the mock drafts I've seen, they have us taking PG Kyle Lowery.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:00 AM   #36
RobotScience

RobotScience is on a distinguished road

http://bballx.com/store/catalog/player2.php?id=472

Rajon Rondo would be a great choice. In the game vs. Blue Ridge above, Rondo had 6 dunks including a reverse alley-oop that was thrown to him from the 3-point line and a near 360 dunk. He also had some behind the back moves were just spectacular. That's because Steve Smith at Oak Hill let him play his game and didn't hold him back. Tubby is a good coach and a good man, but I don't believe his style of play was right for Rondo.

Rondo is a great passer, defender, athlete, and would be a steal at anywhere past 10.
RobotScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Hay guys i dont follow the draft much and am not sure who is expected to go when.IMo we need more firpower and i was wondering where Hassan Adams (Arizona) is projected and what our chances would be of picking him. But i mite be way off because he mite be going lower or higher than our pick. I think he could be a good pick...what do u guys think??

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 06-01-2006 at 12:16 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 PM   #38
royi

royi is on a distinguished road

Do the mavs have the draft right to any players overseas like the spurs

Last edited by royi; 06-28-2006 at 06:50 PM.
royi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by royi
Do the mavs have the draft right to any players overseas like the spurs
Not anyone who is worth a damn.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 PM   #40
Flashman

Flashman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Kevin Pittsnogle to Mavs (Utah) Summer League team per Coach Avery on GAC ESPN 103.3 just now!
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote