Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Yao Ming

Anyone else notice his play since the all star break. It seems he has finally gotten healthy after some foot problems in the first half. It also looks like he might be on the verge being a true star.

Since the all star break 8 games:

25.6 Points
14.2 Rebounds
2 Blocks

I'm thinking next year could be a monster one for him.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

He's certainly having a nice lil' run but I don't expect this to continue for too long (like a whole season or two!). This is a guard's league now and he doesn't have the speed or stamina to keep up.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason we need to make a big playoff run this year. The West will be deeper next season.

Seeing Yao start to rebound the ball is not very comforting.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I think the progress Yao has steadily shown each year is quite amazing. I think if it weren't for Van Gundy's incompitence and the bone-headedness of Houston's guards, Yao might finally have been the "dominant" player everyone said he would be this season, and that Houston probably would be in the playoffs right now.

As far as I'm concerned, Yao is the best center in the NBA now.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Yao completes rite of passage (Linkage)

'Best regular-season center,' according to Van Gundy, joins 20-10 club
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

His point guard, Rafer Alston, described his play as "fabulous" and then dropped that Yao Ming is "carrying" the Rockets. David Wesley referred to him as "a superstar" and said it not as a proclamation but as a given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing coaches have long offered more meaningful praise by sending defenses to stop Yao that they normally reserve for Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Shaquille O'Neal.

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy declared Yao to be the "best regular-season center" in the NBA, saying there is no argument it could be anyone else.

But most telling of all, somewhere in a rant worthy of Dennis Miller, Van Gundy shared what the Rockets believe it all means.

Yao had just burned the Trail Blazers for 32 points and 13 rebounds and joined the small list of players averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds. This led Van Gundy to a discourse on the validity of 20-10 as a measure of excellence.

"When he was 19.9, 9.9, he was a much worse player?" Van Gundy said about the 20-10 label. "I love that. Double-doubles I love too. So a guy that gets 31 and nine is not nearly as good as a guy that gets 11 and 10. That is the supreme idiocy to ever be brought into numbers: 20 and 10 as opposed to 19.9. Who cares?

"He was in elite company. Not many average 19.9 points and 9.9 rebounds, either. So we wait until this magic number because we have to see it rounded. I always hear this debate: 'Will he ever be a 20-and-10 guy?' I have a bigger question: Will he ever win a championship? And you can win a championship with Yao."

That, of course, is the point: Yao can be a champion.

The Rockets have had faith for years and demonstrated it last summer when they gave Yao a maximum contract to begin next season.

But to many, Yao has always been measured not against other centers in the NBA but against some combination of the best centers ever.

Then there are the many expectations he has had to live up to.

Looking for an even keel
Yao measures excellence by consistency. Averaging 23.1 points and 14.3 rebounds since the All-Star break, he has had a career-high seven consecutive games scoring at least 20 points.

He had at least 10 rebounds in each of those games except one — and he had nine in that one.

"It is a very special feeling right now," Yao said. "I can't figure out what it is. I'll try to keep it the next game, the next game and the next game until my career is done."

The Rockets insist Yao has found no sudden surge of confidence, aggressiveness or assertiveness, arguing he already had those qualities. But he has said he has a greater feel for attacking double-teams before they trap him.

Van Gundy has praised Yao's improved agility defensively. The better defensive play might explain the improvements in Yao's numbers.

In the seven games since the break, Yao has averaged just 1.9 fouls per game. Never needing to leave a game because of foul trouble, he has averaged 35.6 minutes per game.

Before the last seven games, he averaged 3.8 fouls and 33.5 minutes.

"My thing about numbers is that people who write about the game should never look at Yao Ming and reduce what he stands for to numbers," Van Gundy said. "Some other guys will maybe play better in the playoffs at times. But he is the best regular-season center in basketball. And the reason is he comes to play every night."

Shaquille O'Neal is still considered not only the league's best center but also a rare player able to turn on a greater level of play for the postseason.

Ben Wallace, the defensive and spiritual leader of the Pistons, does bring his best through the regular season, but Van Gundy gives the nod to Yao's more-well-rounded game.

Example for NBA
"I'm not surprised he plays well when he plays well," Van Gundy said. "He is prepared every day, he works every day, and more guys would have success if they were willing to put in the work that Yao does. And he's played well during this stretch, but again, his progress is slow and sure and incremental, so he's had many good stretches.

"I look at the whole thing. I look at his pick-and-roll coverage, his transition defense. I think he's gotten better from his first game in the NBA through now. And he's one of the few guys who does not need any outside motivation to be a motivated player.

"Those are the guys that have chances to be great because they care to put in the extraordinary work that Yao puts in. He's going to be successful. Every athlete would maximize their potential if they did what Yao did, but they don't. Thus some guys are underachievers in this league."

That would seem a tall order, to not only save the Rockets but every player who needs his example. For now, the Rockets ask only that he "dominate."

Advice from Wesley
"Every game I start the game by telling him to dominate, and he's done just that," Wesley said. "He had some great numbers stat-wise in the last seven or eight games. He's a powerful force down there. He's carrying us a lot of nights, so we need him to continue doing that.

"Yao is quietly becoming that dominant player we really need."

In the end, being what a team needs most might be the biggest statement of all.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

eh he missed a ton of games and was "rested"...If he plays the whole season, he'll be worn out by the all star break.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
eh he missed a ton of games and was "rested"...If he plays the whole season, he'll be worn out by the all star break.
I don't buy it. The only reason he gets worn out in games is because they always have him come out and constantly (and I do mean constantly) set screens instead of giving him the ball when he's down low.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

38, 10 with 5 blocks for the big feller tonight...
Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
38, 10 with 5 blocks for the big feller tonight...
yeah, he's overrated.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I never did quite understand the notion that he's overrated either. I mean, yeah, people compared him to Shaq, and he started on the all-star team over Shaq. However, he didn't even win rookie of the year. And furthermore, all season I've been hearing people tell me that Camby is the best center in the west. I never thought I'd be calling him underrated, but it seems that most of the hype around him has dissappated, so I'll go ahead and say it. Yao Ming is underrated.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

He's learning the game and starting to realize that he's 7'6". Not to mention the fact that he has a pretty smooth free throw shot.

Man, what a luxury for the Rockets to have him locked up for the next 5-6 years.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 AM   #12
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Yao Ming is the f*cking Sh*t, with a capital "S".

Pardon my french.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #13
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

3 games back with 20 to play and Yao on an absolute tear. this is a scary team to face at the 7th or 8th spot if they can make that final push. the question now is, with Yao playing so well, can the rockets continue to win without TMac and allow him to get healthy?
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I think Yao has really benefitted from having to play without T-Mac. So far in his career, even though he's been the face of that franchise, he's never been the first option on that team. With T-Mac out, they're forced to rely on him, and to this point he hasn't disappointed. I think Yao just may be taking over that team for good. Even if T-Mac heals completely, I think his role may be reduced, maybe slightly or perhaps significantly. Then of course there's the possibility that his back will hamper him for the rest of his career, in which case Houston is officially Yao Ming's team. If T-Mac does get back to 100% though, we best watch out, or just hope that the management keeps those two surrounded by scrubs and boneheads.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #15
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

A lot depends on the staying power of Yao Ming's new play and Tracy's health. However, if this is the beginning of the rest of Yao's career, and Tracy gets back healthy, watch out.

It would be another Shaq-Kobe.

As for HOW Yao's gotten here, he's improved every year but these last couple of weeks have been particularly impressive. Maybe Yao needed this (playing as the man - without a more senior Francis or a top 5 talent T-Mac) to get to the next level. Maybe he would've got there without it and this just served as a catalyst (more likely).

As for this being a guard's league and all, yes it is, but it is what it is because there are no longer monsters in the post. And so now, if you got the best one, and maybe the only unstoppable one, all the more power to ya.

Houston's gonna be scary if those two get it straigth.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

This is a pfs league more than it is a guards league.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #17
orangedays
Platinum Member

In March, Yao's averaging 28.6 ppg, 11.6 rpg (3.4 orpg), 3 bpg while shooting 53% from the field and 84% from the charity stripe in 37.2 mpg.

Smack my Yao up indeed.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:08 AM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

The Rockets got the Spurs on Sunday, and T-Mac's out again. Hopefully Yao can keep this up and give them a win.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

yao is a beast. hes the best center in the league right now.

that includes shaq.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #20
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

That's not really saying much since Shaq is either not playing up to his potential or is just getting old.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Ming is defiitely impressing everyone with his improved play. He just looks so much quicker now that he has recovered from that much needed toe surgery. He is without a doubt the best center in the league and it looks as though it may stay that way for a while.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 03-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
That's not really saying much since Shaq is either not playing up to his potential or is just getting old.
I'm thinking it's a little bit of both...
Old 03-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #23
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Mavs are up 13 right now, but Yao has been real impressive. This would be a 30 point game without Yao.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Yao > Shaq... End of story.

Maybe it's age, maybe it's injury, maybe it's conditioning, maybe it's all of the above. Whatever the reason, Shaq just isn't the player he was 2-3 years ago.

I also thought it was cute how at the beginning of the season everyone was saying that Camby is the best center in the western conference. I wonder, if Denver called up Houston offering Camby for Yao, you think the Rox would be interested?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #25
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Yao > Shaq... End of story.

Maybe it's age, maybe it's injury, maybe it's conditioning, maybe it's all of the above. Whatever the reason, Shaq just isn't the player he was 2-3 years ago.

I also thought it was cute how at the beginning of the season everyone was saying that Camby is the best center in the western conference. I wonder, if Denver called up Houston offering Camby for Yao, you think the Rox would be interested?
If Pamela Anderson called me up and offered me hepatitis in exchange for some lovin' - my "HELL NO" would probably still not be as emphatic as Houston's at the thought of swapping Yao for Camby.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 AM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If all of Yao's toes were gangrenous, Yao would probably still play more games a season than Camby
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:10 AM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
If all of Yao's toes were gangrenous, Yao would probably still play more games a season than Camby

Yao toes: yuck...
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #28
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I am minding my own business, looking over the forum and see a link on Yao Ming. So I click go to the last post and what do I get. 2Huge toes with gangegreen looking right at me. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that, as I didn't see the two toes right away since your post is now the last one.

Yao has surpassed Shaq, and it was bound to happen. It looks like he finally learnt how to use his size to his advantage. BTW, he still got rejected by Mbenga
Old 03-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #30
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

On another note it was fun to see M'Benga go up against Mutumbo. I'm surprised the Mavs commentators didn't have a little fun with that one.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #31
orangedays
Platinum Member

*clears throat*

WHO WANT TO SEX MUTOMBO???

That is all.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #32
orangedays
Platinum Member

I think one of the ESPN SportsCenter commentators even screamed that on-air during a broadcast when Deke made a sick block. That was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #33
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I never thought Ming would be dominate. He was unbelievable with 27 points in the first half. You forget the dude is 300 pounds.

PPod the Yao stopper? Pavel is seven five and weighs close to 300 pounds?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #34
orangedays
Platinum Member

A 'disappointing' 20-10 outing last night against the Spurs. Still shot 50% from the field but looks like he was a bit hampered by foul trouble. Nazr had 4 fouls, Rasho had 5 fouls...I'm not gonna lie, Yao's impressing me.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #35
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I always liked watching Yao play. He looks akward at times, but not as akward as Shaq at the FT line. Yao has a nice stroke, Shaq has a dunk...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:11 AM   #36
orangedays
Platinum Member

Step over FT line before the ball hits the rim? Check.
Strike Statue of Liberty pose upon release? Check.
Air ball another free throw? Check.

Go get'em Shaq.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-20-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:29 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Don't worry about Shaq, orange. I'm sure the ref called a lane violation against the Spurs to give him another chance. I'm sure he still missed it, but it probably at least hit the rim.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:19 AM   #38
orangedays
Platinum Member

Rockets lose to the Clippers 99-91.

Yao goes for 25 pts (7-16 FGMA), 17 rebs (5 off), 2 asts, 1 bs, and 0 PFs.

Kaman is limited to 9 pts, 6 rebs with 5 PFs.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 AM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Good lord, if McGrady is healthy, Houston is going to be monstrous next year (just like most people were predicting them to be this year)
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

There's an insider article about him at ESPN.com "Why has Yao Ming been so dominant lately? The Mavs' Del Harris shares his insight with Chris Sheridan. " Could someone please post that article?