Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-21-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Now I know how it felt last year for the people who opened up the discussion boards and always saw bickering about the Fin vs. Dirk threads.

Really can we please, please, please talk basketball and anything not basketball related stay in the lounge. If you all feel a need to bicker, come to the lounge and start a bickering thread that way if others don't want to be bothered with it, WE WON'T.. Now I know Mavs4 (and whoever else he is) does start things or tries to insight stuff, but he's NOT the only one to blame here. NO ONE has to respond to it everytime he tries to. Respond to his basketball stuff, other than that if he's talking other nonsense that you don't like, don't even bother responding to it because that's what he wants half of the time and some of you bite EVERYTIME!

Now I know there are some intelligent minds on this board, and for the most part I believe we're all adults (although that could be debated on some days I'm sure. Before anyone says I'm trying to insult them, I'm included in that category [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])so ladies and gentlemen can we please start acting accordingly.

I know the mods are tired of seeing, "Could you please ban they just insulted me." Let's keep this board one of the better ones, ok.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with you thekid.
now, i'm in no way saying i'm innocent of all charges. for the most part, i had attempted to stay out of if with the new joe joe alias (mavsfan4)....however, i admit i have slipped up the past few days. It is difficult to see thread after thread ruined and that usually gets my blood boiling to where i get involved. Well, with this situation, getting upset simply doesn't help anything.

I will go back to ignoring that crap. Yes, me and select members will still have heated debates. However, we can have heated debates because each of us can admit when we are wrong and we can apologize if something gets out of hand.

In the current situation, it does no good to debate. I am asking for everyone to ignore the inflammatory remarks so that this board can continue to grow and improve. In 95% of the posts, there's something interesting and insightful to read. However, it is in this boards best interest to try and cut out the other 5%..the b.s.

We have tried reasoning with mavsfan4, and we have tried bickering with mavsfan4...we have even proved him wrong on numerous accounts. None of this does any good.

Let's try something else. Simply ignore him until he can clean up his act. If he can clean up his act and learn to debate in a more acceptable manner and does not get himself banned from the board again, then maybe he can actually gain some acceptance at this board.

However, for now, we should simply not stoop to his level. Let's clean up our act because we actually do have enough self control to do so. Let's clean up our act because we do not want to ruin this board. It is not the goal of 99.5% of the people that post here to ruin this board. However, for the .5% or so that are trying to constantly insight b.s., let's simply ignore his or her posts. This is the best way to show how truly insignifcant there posts are. Ignore them.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

Read the damn board Kid, and you will see 99% of the shit is not started by me. I am getting damn tired of these BS threads dedicated to me, you need to start with some of the memebers who thinkt hey have the right to post BS in the Mavs section. Some on here feels they have special rules, and that's total BS. Just read the damn board and you will see exactly what I am referring too. Yes, I am going to say it, 1 of these damn people is Murphy, he for some reason thinks he is gods gift to earth. I hate to enlighten him, but shit let's be real he is not. I think the mods need to start with him because some people follow his every move and thinks he cannot say a word wrong. I hate to mention names but since everyone mentions my name, Dr seems to think Murphy is right every single time and he is not. I have had to put up with 99% of the BS, and most of the time I do not even insult some of these guys back. Nothing is done to them, but 1 slip up from me and I am gone. For what, I have no damn clue. Is it wrong, you damn right it is wrong. That shows alot about the members as well as the mods, if I am the only 1 held to the rules. Start at the top(members who have been here the longest) and work your way down. The other night I get back from the game, after we kicked the Lakers ass and I come back and the focus of this board is on me. Why in the hell is that? That in itself tells you everything you need to know, there's alot of people here who think they have the right to insult me. That BS needs to stop now, before 1 of the mods gets insulted by some of these guys.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

that's pretty funny
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #5
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

you've been banned once and supended twice already....your blatant disregard of board rules all by itself is enough to cause trouble....so quit trying to come off as innocent....
Old 03-21-2002, 03:38 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< Read the damn board Kid, and you will see 99% of the shit is not started by me. I am getting damn tired of these BS threads dedicated to me, you need to start with some of the memebers who thinkt hey have the right to post BS in the Mavs section. Some on here feels they have special rules, and that's total BS. Just read the damn board and you will see exactly what I am referring too. Yes, I am going to say it, 1 of these damn people is Murphy, he for some reason thinks he is gods gift to earth. I hate to enlighten him, but shit let's be real he is not. I think the mods need to start with him because some people follow his every move and thinks he cannot say a word wrong. I hate to mention names but since everyone mentions my name, Dr seems to think Murphy is right every single time and he is not. I have had to put up with 99% of the BS, and most of the time I do not even insult some of these guys back. Nothing is done to them, but 1 slip up from me and I am gone. For what, I have no damn clue. Is it wrong, you damn right it is wrong. That shows alot about the members as well as the mods, if I am the only 1 held to the rules. Start at the top(members who have been here the longest) and work your way down. The other night I get back from the game, after we kicked the Lakers ass and I come back and the focus of this board is on me. Why in the hell is that? That in itself tells you everything you need to know, there's alot of people here who think they have the right to insult me. That BS needs to stop now, before 1 of the mods gets insulted by some of these guys. >>

If that's the case, why do you even come here? If you hate it here soo bad, then why stay? It's clear you are not liked. You don't even seem to be a Mavs fan.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:55 PM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Just so you know, I don't think you even read my entire post or Murphs entire post. I said IN THE POST, people who continue to bicker are ALSO to blame and Murph even said HE was taking some of the blame. That's part of the problem Mav, you're so ready to get defensive and lash out when people aren't necessarily singling you out. MY post was for EVERYONE, I know if you sat there and kept talking nonsense and no one responded to it then the threads wouldn't get off topic. So what I'm saying is, people responding or trying to take low blows at you are just as much to blame. If you read the entire thread you would have saw what I was trying to say.

Also, no one is saying you have to agree with ANYTHING we have to say, but try not to be rude about it. That's all. If I say Najera is my favorite player on the team and you come back and say, &quot;I disagree because he's not even a starter, etc. etc.&quot; I don't have a problem a problem with it and there's NOTHING wrong with it. Now if you come back and say, &quot;You're an idiot, there is no way he's the best player, you know nothing about basketball.&quot; Well that's taking a shot and that's not right. It's very simple Mavs, I've even spelled it out for you. Believe it or not, rereading some of your posts, when you stay on the topic people sometimes responds and the thread continues to flow. When you start straying off the topic for instance, &quot;Mods that's a strike, he said blah, blah blah.&quot; There's no need for that and to boot, even when you do that, there's no need for response from anyone either (THAT PART I AGREE WITH YOU ON). I'm asking you can you tone it down please. I wouldn't want to be banned from this board, so I wouldn't want anyone else to be banned from this board because it CAN be fun in here. So this is the last I'll speak on it so now you have heard ONE NICE PLEA, if you don't want to listen then oh well.
Old 03-21-2002, 05:24 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I have said...I do take some of the blame for not continuing to refrain from striking back against you.

Joe joe, one thing you must understand...most of us on this board have a long history of debating and arguing. However, we also have a long history of admitting when we are wrong and apologizing when we get out of line. What has this resulted in? In many cases, it has resulted in friendships. In almost every case, it has resulted in respect for each other.

However, your approach to posting on this board will lead to neither you gaining much respect from other posters for you as a person..or respect from other posters as a basketball intelligent person.

I would hope that you post on this board to get your ideas out. If your goal is to find a group of people to talk sports with, then you have found a good place. However, you are not going about it in the right way.

If your goal is to create havoc, you are going about it in the right way.

It's time for you to decide which is the case
Old 03-21-2002, 06:59 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dr seems to think Murphy is right every single time and he is not.

I don't think you have read all of our threads. Murph and I have strongly disagreed on issues before...it's just that we don't let it turn into a free-for-all and negatively filled thread. We've asked you and pleaded with you not to be such a negative jerk in all of your posts. It just keeps falling on deaf ears. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you continue to visit the board when not even one person supports you. It is clearly a case of everyone being wrong I guess.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:25 AM   #10
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

I love to visit this board above several others for many(not all listed) reasons;
M. I am offend by the language on other boards, they get stupid. I am bored. I won't go that low. I am a Lady, 99% of the time.
A. The members are all under 12. I am bored.
V. I can't learn a thing from them. And If I can't benefit, I am bored.
S. The moderators have no Kahunna's (not sure of spelling)on other boards. Can't say that about this board. (most of the time)
S. I can't contribute. Love the game, can play, just have little patience for the tech side. Heard it for so many years, tired of it.
I. People. Big one here. This board has some great people!
T. And you all are very tolerant of us that don't like to talk tech. Just like to talk b-ball junk.
E. And last, but not least, respectful of us few ladies on board! Thanks!

(oh, and I kinda like Murph, I think he's ok, so u--- yours, Ha Ha)
Old 03-22-2002, 03:40 AM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Chiming in here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The respect is highly appreciated. You guys are awesome!!

Murphy is fine just as he is. Though some days , I would like to encounter him in the boxing ring.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:50 AM   #12
Kat

Oh yah, can it be a kozzie fight! I can take him!
Old 03-22-2002, 03:52 AM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

kozzie? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Go for it!!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:03 AM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

How 'bout one of those sleezy mud wrestling things. I can be the used-car-salesman type who promotes the thing.

Ladies and Gentlemen: In this corner, the master of self confidence, Murphy. In the opposite corner, the smiling kitty of female mudwrestling, kat and smiles!

Maybe not...
Old 03-22-2002, 04:30 AM   #15
Kat

Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey! There is absolutley nothing disrespectful about koozie boxing. Actually the female can have the upper hand because more often than not the male counterpart will underestimate the females ability and knowledge of the sport. Therefore, she has the advantage because Kooozie boxing was invented by a female and passed secretly down our generations between women without the knowledge of men. And they (men) still can't figure out why they wake up in the hall way some mornings with no knowledge of how they got there.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:31 AM   #16
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I guess I'd be at a disadvantage, since I have no IDEA what Koozie boxing is! Please explain...
Old 03-22-2002, 04:35 AM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

You guys are nice and look what secrets we divulge!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:46 AM   #18
Kat

<< [i]You guys are nice and look what secrets we divulge! /Q]

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh what fun it is!
Old 03-22-2002, 10:44 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

it went from me being &quot;ok&quot; to me being beaten up.
what's up with that?

i was almost mr popularity there for a minute
Old 03-30-2002, 02:04 AM   #20
Smiles
Diamond Member

Ah, Murph, the price of being notorious!!
Old 03-30-2002, 11:19 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Better run murph...when the ladies are being nice it means that something up!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

that smiles is a sneaky one...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 10:00 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Better run murph...when the ladies are being nice it means that something up!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

that smiles is a sneaky one...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

What?! I am the picture of picture of innocence! lol