Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Read an article on the Rangers rotation this year and there predictions
for the future.
One interesting name that popped up was Andy Pettite. I did not know that he was from Texas. Well it said that he would be a free agent next summer. Do you guys really think the Yankees would let him go, or has anybody ever heard that he might want to come back home.
If you look at what the Rangers have in the rotation now I only see 1 or 2 guys at the most that I see in this rotation in 3 years.
Chan Ho Park and if he improves, Doug Davis.
Now everybody is predicting that Colby Lewis and Mario Ramos will be in the starting rotation within that 3 year period.
That means we need to find atleast one more quality starter to finish out the starting staff.
Could Andy Pettite be that guy?
What are your guys thought on him?

If he does sign on...this could be the possible opening day staff for 2004.

1. Chan Ho Park
2. Andy Pettite
3. Colby Lewis
4. Mario Ramos
5. Doug Davis

Not very intimidating now, but it depends on how the young kids develop.

Also, lets not forget about a guy that used to draw comparisons to Pedro Martinez...Johvanny Cedeno.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Assuming Lewis, Ramos, and Davis work out that would be a solid rotation, but as Rangers fans what would we have to complain about.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Petitte has become an icon in NY. I cannot see daddy moneybucks steinbrenner every letting him go. He owuld be a nice addition to the front end of the Ranger rotation indeed and I would welcome him by drinking many beers. The only way it happens is if he will take less money because he might want to get closer to home. It happens...not often, but it happens. Petitte would be a huge free agent coup.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Ranger rotation won't be determined fully until Hart has finished trading. Until then I like the rotation that BB has laid out.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote