Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2002, 10:37 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Tue 26 at Milwaukee
Thu 28 at Minnesota
Fri 29 at Boston
Sun 31 at Washington

I expect the Mavs to win at least 3 of these games (I hope we win all 4). Milwaukee is injury riddled, Minnesota is slumping, Boston is only a playoff team in the East, and Washington is owed revenge for their earlier victory over the Mavs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

all 4 are very winnable...the mavs may need to take all 4 to hang with the spurs.
it's a dogfight now, and the mavs must win the winnable games
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 10:41 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

4 games is not a stretch for the Mavs imo.

I expect 3 out of 4 though.

Bucks--win
Wolves--the only one I wonder about
Boston--win
Wizards--win
Old 03-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs are better than the t-wolves..plus, the mavs are hotter. the mavs should take the game..however, the wolves are more than capable of beating the mavs
Old 03-23-2002, 10:52 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< the mavs are better than the t-wolves..plus, the mavs are hotter. the mavs should take the game..however, the wolves are more than capable of beating the mavs >>

Couldn't agree more. That's why I put that down as the iffy one cause if the Mavs were to lay an egg against one of the teams, it would be the T-Wolves.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:54 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

plain and simple..the mavs need all 4.. the spurs have to play portland and LA during their next four games..it is imperative that the mavs win the next 4 games
Old 03-23-2002, 10:58 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

We really need all 4 because the next game is against the Clippers and the Mavs have not done well against them the last couple of games. The next game after that is at San Antonio.

Old 03-23-2002, 10:59 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Mavs win all four, but did you know that the Mavs haven't won in Milwaukee since 1987? That's what Pinto was saying on the post-game report.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:01 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

Pinto also mentioned earlier in the game that the Bucks are injury riddled right now.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:03 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

I would have lost money on the Mavs last win in Milwaukee being in 1987.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I agree. The Mavs NEED all 4 games to keep pace or gain some ground on the Spurs. Especially when you have 4 beatable teams.

The Bucks game in on TBS, the T-Wolves game is on TNT. The Wizards game was supposed to be on NBC, but the DMN said it was pulled. I don't know why since Jordan has returned.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:06 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

MFF- since Jordan is back, that may be revisited. It looks like Iget to watch a couple of games this week!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2002, 12:57 AM   #13
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< I think the Mavs win all four, but did you know that the Mavs haven't won in Milwaukee since 1987? That's what Pinto was saying on the post-game report. >>

Time for that to change, with all their injuries and dwindling level of confidence. And against the Wizards, this time we'll have a healthy Dirk versus a recovering Jordan. No way we'll lose that one. The C's are a bit trickier, but if our defense can do their usual job on Pierce, we should be fine.

So, I think we can win all three games against the East teams, and Minny is indeed the only iffy game. Minny still looks horrible, and we should have a better than 70% chance of taking them. It seems the only edge they have might be their stronger motivation. Remember how we had a miracle of a comeback last time we played there? They've got to be looking for some payback. But so long as we don't dig another 20-pt hole for ourselves in the first half like last time and come out strong and focused, there's no way they can match our talent.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 01:44 AM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm looking forward to this trip. They sometimes say teams come together on the road. WELL, our only road trip since the trade was the scary one out west. Not exactly a trip to relax on. A trip against teams we should be able to handle, and none that hold a mental barrier against us, will do wonders for NVE and Raef IMO. Maybe not IMO, maybe I should have said....I HOPE!

I see the Mavs winning all 4, with the only game decided by less than 10 being Boston.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:38 AM   #15
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Did ya'll know that the Mavs NEVER won even one at the old Boston Garden? I was'nt aware of the Milwaukee drought....we will end it....
Old 03-24-2002, 02:45 AM   #16
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Wow never, that has to be something like 0-18.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #17
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< ...Saturday against Memphis when Van Exel was limited because of a pulled muscle near his ribs. Van Exel suffered the injury before Thursday's game against San Antonio, he said. And while he laughed at the cause of the injury – putting on his shirt – he refused to acknowledge it might have been a factor in his 1-for-12 shooting performance that night. >>

Hopefully NVE rounds into some sort of proper game form soon...
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:12 AM   #18
MFFL
Guru

It's very important for the Mavs to get a lead on the Spurs. They have an incredibly tough 4 game road trip as well - if the Mavs are still tied after both teams finish their road trips then the Mavs probably won't win the division because the Spurs schedule after the road trip is so much easier.

Mon 25 at LA Clippers
Wed 27 at Portland
Fri 29 at Seattle
Sun 31 at LA Lakers