Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playoff Predictions: Stan McNeal

Playoff predictions
April 18, 2006

Stan McNeal
link

Series you don't want to miss: Mavericks vs. Spurs. Hopefully, this will be the last time the two best teams in a conference meet before the conference finals.

Most likely to pull a surprise: Nuggets. They may not beat the Suns in the second round, but they'll scare them plenty.

Most likely to be a disappointment: Heat. Shaq will find he no longer can turn on his game whenever he wants.

Most likely to step up: Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets. Quietly, he has entered the neighborhood of all-galaxy stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Since the All-Star break, Anthony has averaged 27.8 points on 51.4 percent shooting.

Most likely to step back: The Nos. 5-8 seeds in the East will be lucky to win a game -- combined.

The final four: Pistons over Nets -- too much Detroit defense will wear out Vince Carter. Mavericks over Suns -- Dallas has the right balance of offense and defense.

The Finals: Pistons over Mavericks. Flip Saunders will join Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Gregg Popovich and Larry Brown as the only active head coaches with a title.

Last edited by kg_veteran; 04-20-2006 at 10:11 AM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

The Finals: Mavericks over Pistons. Avery Johnson will join Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Gregg Popovich and Larry Brown as the only active head coaches with a title.

Sounds about right, now...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit
The Finals: Mavericks over Pistons. Avery Johnson will join Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Gregg Popovich and Larry Brown as the only active head coaches with a title.

Sounds about right, now...
Nothing like a good editor to fix things.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Excellent prediction. Making it to the finals will be superb. Winning it will be unbelievable. Go Mavericks.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, if the Mavs and the Pistons make the finals, I'd without a doubt pick the Mavs. I have more reservations about a possible matchup between the Mavs and Suns than I do about the Mavs and Pistons.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

im more worried about the spurs, especially if the suns dont get kurt thomas back. the suns play their game VERY well, but theyre also incredibly thin inside. we could have harris and KVH back for that, and i dont think anyone on the mavs (jason terry?) wants to repeat last season

Last edited by TheBlueVan; 04-20-2006 at 01:33 PM.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Actually, if the Mavs and the Pistons make the finals, I'd without a doubt pick the Mavs. I have more reservations about a possible matchup between the Mavs and Suns than I do about the Mavs and Pistons.
You sure you didn't exaggerated a bit?I'll give you the Spurs are alot more terrifying though,i think if we manage past the Spurs our biggest enemy is the playoff grind.
SA would be much tougher to beat than Phoenix.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The Suns actually scare me more than the Pistons, too. That's not to say that the Suns are better than the Pistons; I just think they potentially cause the Mavs more problems than the Pistons do.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The Suns Lakers should be a good series even though the Suns won the season series. The Kings should give the Spurs some problems. Especially since they dominated them the last time they played and were up by 17 in an another.

I am more worried about Golden St., but they didn't make the playoffs. The Mavericks should be fine as long as Dirk can put together a dominate postseason, like he did in the regular season.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

If Mavs make it to the finals they will beat the Pistons....I have said this a million times...and i really do believe it. I think it could even happen in 5 or 6 games.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs just match up better with the Pistons than the Suns... .Now, if the Suns and the Pistons were to meet in the Finals, I'd bet the Pistons would win in 5 or 6.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nuggets? That discounts all the Maverick love
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I'd agree that the Suns scare me the more than the Spurs and the Pistons. We match up better with the Pistons, and I think their pace fits us better too.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote