Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of
Thumbs down The Sentinel

I know that critics sometimes overly emphasize a movies failure or sucess. Let me tell you, you cannot come close to emphasizing how bad this movie is. It is so bad at so many levels. The only good thing about the experience I just had a few minutes ago was that I paid matinee price. Please, if you have any inclination of seeing this movie for whatever reason, stop. You will thank me.

If you go see the movie the best thing you can do is not stay til the end. I was laughing for the last 30 - 45 minutes and shaking my head.

Hopefully, this thread will save some people some money.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it was a good movie. nothing worth an academy award or anything, but entertaining.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I thought it was a good movie. nothing worth an academy award or anything, but entertaining.

Ok, and I love sliding down a razor blade in a pool of rubbing alcohol. But seriously, your out of your mind and I won't be regarding your opinion as valid for anything. Did you like Basic Instinct 2 ?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Saw it last night, I thought it was decent but a little too predictable towards the end. There were a couple of scenes where I KNEW what was going to happen a full 10 seconds before it happened - the camera work and music foreshadowed a bit too much. In general, the movie had few twists and turns, those looking for that sort of film will be disappointed - when you find out who the "bad guy" is, things get really boring and super-predictable, cookie-cutter stuff. That said, as sixeight said, it's not a bad watch - the first 3/4 of the movie is quite entertaining. Don't let Blab's sexual fetishes suggest otherwise.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-22-2006 at 09:44 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Saw it last night, I thought it was decent but a little too predictable towards the end. There were a couple of scenes where I KNEW what was going to happen a full 10 seconds before it happened - the camera work and music foreshadowed a bit too much. In general, the movie had few twists and turns, those looking for that sort of film will be disappointed - when you find out who the "bad guy" is, things get really boring and super-predictable, cookie-cutter stuff. That said, as sixeight said, it's not a bad watch - the first 3/4 of the movie is quite entertaining. Don't let Blab's sexual fetishes suggest otherwise.
I totally agrre with your run down. As soon as the movie started and I saw the person who ended up being the bad guy, I turned to my wife and said ,"hey, he is going to be the bad guy in the end". And I was right. He always plays the good "bad" guy. Yeah,k predictable but still a good watch. And I am sorry Blab if you are pissed off that people don't agree with you. Pull your panties off and untangle them.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you like Basic Instinct 2 ?
Holy crap, this movie is already out? I've been eagerly awaiting it for some time now, and I am troubled to learn that I have missed its release date.

Not that I expect it will be great movie in that great-movie sense of the phrase, but that I expect it will provide a couple hours of great entertainment.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It provides about one minute of enjoyment in a certain scene for sure.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just don't tell me the K. Sutherland is the bad guy.....again......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Nemesis
Diamond Member

The last 30 - 40 minutes ruin the whatever good there was in the film. "sexual fetishes" have nothing to do with this movie by the way. But you just can't resist getting your two cents in. Which is about how much it's worth on this board.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
"sexual fetishes" have nothing to do with this movie by the way. But you just can't resist getting your two cents in. Which is about how much it's worth on this board.
I believe you were the one who talked about your love for, "sliding down a razor blade in a pool of rubbing alcohol"? I apologize if that is just something you enjoy, and not a sexual fetish. My mistake.

Then you went on to tell sixeight his opinion was not, "valid for anything", which seems odd, again, assuming you know what an opinion is.

The last handful of times you've been on the board, you've attempted to insult more people (I say attempted because you don't appear to be very good at it) than you have made valid points.

Either get off the short bus and grow up or leave, clear?
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Nemesis
Diamond Member

That is better. The board looks so much cleaner when OrangeDays is on my ignore list.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I saw this Sunday and honestly I would've prerpared staying home and watching a RERUN of 24. This movie had no suspense oncesoever.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I saw this Sunday and honestly I would've prerpared staying home and watching a RERUN of 24. This movie had no suspense oncesoever.
What about "twicesoever"?