Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool The Official Post Game 4 Welcome to all Spurs fans Thread

OK...we know you all said you were going to flock to our board and post a bazillion posts tonight so I wanted to be the first to welcome all of the Spurs fans who are undoubtedly going to flock on over and enjoy the result of Game Four.

Welcome. Please check the whine at the door and remember...the refs are your friends. If you feel the need to whine about the refs, I just checked over at spursreport.com and they have about 15 threads going that should satisfactorily address all angles of how the refs screwed the spurts.

Here though we talk about one of the best games in NBA playoff history and we enjoy that the best team won.

So welcome all spur fans. We are here for you.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I want to congrat the Mavs. For essential purposes, this series is over. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs. Lets keep the trophy here in Texas.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I almost forgot that they were here.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Best.Thread.Ever.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
I want to congrat the Mavs. For essential purposes, this series is over. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs. Lets keep the trophy here in Texas.
bad spurs fan or realist?

the world may never know
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Good to see the Spurs fans handing the torch over nicely. It's great to hear them finally admit it!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Gosh, I hope they are all ok. I was expecting at least 100 posts by now from listening to them. There was even an effort over at spursreport.com to have a bunch of their guys come HERE after the game. I guess they are all carpooling on their way home from the game and it is just taking a while to get here. I hope they are all ok.

spursreport.com needs grief counselors and psychologists right now. What a trainwreck.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Wow. Still not here. I beginning to wonder if we've been stood up. We are here for you, our brothers and sisters fromteh south.

Welcome. Bienvenidos.

OOPS...Duncanpuss is on the presser right now. Maybe they will show up after that.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #9
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, count me in as a Spurs fan who "flocked" to your forum. Actually, I simply wanted to find an active Mavs forum - of which, there seem to be few.

What a game tonight! I'm very upset about the final foul of the 4th on Bruce who apparently fouled Dirk - who calls fouls like THAT with 8 seconds left, omg! I'm so glad Charles Barkley called the refs on their horrid officiating THROUGHOUT the playoffs. I think we'd have had tonight's game, as well as Game 3.

But, what's done is done. I'm pissed that we lost, but all we can do is buck up and get ready to win the next three. Congrats on your three wins thus far, but I do hope that they are your last for the season!
veronicamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Welcome veronicamae. Glad to see at least one of you isn't under mandatory suicide watch. Enjoy the foruum and do please let me know if i might be able to make your stay here a pleasant one.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all Spurs fans! Welcome to the little place we call home on the web! We are looking forward to hearing from you all.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #12
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Welcome veronicamae. Glad to see at least one of you isn't under mandatory suicide watch. Enjoy the foruum and do please let me know if i might be able to make your stay here a pleasant one.
Well, I don't know about pleasant - not much about your team is very pleasant right now...lol.

But for once I'd like to be a small fish in a big pond - the Mavs crazies at my usual Spurs forum are just too much sometimes!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they have about 15 threads going that should satisfactorily address all angles of how the refs screwed the spurts.
Only 15??...that's kind of a slow night for them...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #14
allahu akbar
Banned

allahu akbar is an unknown quantity at this point

How's it going around here?

I'm not gonna lie, i don't feel very well right now.

But i'm not too worried, i still say spurs win this game.
allahu akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

We are glad to have you here veronicamae. I am usually the voice of reason and the unofficial welcoming committee. Watch out for murph, he has anal warts and gets a little grumpy at times. But other than that we hope you enjoy the site.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-16-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #16
veronicamae

Quote:
We are glad to have you here veronicamae. I am usually the voice of reason and the unofficial welcoming committee. Watch out for murph, he has anal warts and gets a little grumpy at times. But other than that we hope you enjoy the site.
I'm only 5 posts in and he already got me lol.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Well, we love the guy.....he's great to have around....unlike the anal warts.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Re: the last foul call on Bowen, I think it was clearly a foul, but it really is a non-issue. Dirk had made his move and was right at the rim all alone. It was 2 points, one way or the other.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
dn0

dn0 is infamous around these parts

the only good thing after a mav's wins is that at least I'm not going to hear cuban complain about the refeeres.
If the mavs won, of course it was officiated the "Right Way".
dn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

A Spur fan crying about officiating is just pathetic. No team has had more gift wrapped trips to the line this decade.

Get over it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Spursreport.com is a pathetic site. I was banned yesterday for *daring* to disagree about the foul call on Duncan in Game 3. Now, they've changed it to where you can't even view posts without logging in.

What a bunch of sore losers.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn0
the only good thing after a mav's wins is that at least I'm not going to hear cuban complain about the refeeres.
If the mavs won, of course it was officiated the "Right Way".
I think the officiating has been horrible. But horribly consistent. In the spirit of welcome, I'd like to inform you that I just did some laundry. Could I interest you in a freshly laundered crying towel? I'm just here to help. It's what I do. And welcome dN0. Enjoy.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-16-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #23
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
A Spur fan crying about officiating is just pathetic. No team has had more gift wrapped trips to the line this decade.

Get over it.
Except the Mavs, who beat our record in 3 games flat lol.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Allahu, this is completely off-subject, but I'd like to tell you that you have a very cool username. I didn't really read any of it, but I understand that a few people on this board made some very racist, downright ignorant remarks. The funny thing is, the ignorance isn't even the fact that the comments were racist.

For the record, (to whoever made these comments) the word "Allahu" is actually two words "Allah" and "Hu". Both words are ancient names for God, from which the word "hallelujah" is derived.

"Akbar" is the name of a Mughal emperor who contributed greatly to Indian art and religion.

I'm curious, Allahu, did you choose that name with all that in mind, or is that your real name?
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #25
windboy226

windboy226 is on a distinguished road

this series still isn't over regardless of what most of us think...we were pretty lucky to pull out the win tonight. great game on both sides even if we had lost...i have a feeling we'll be hearing the Spurs fans whine about this series for years...
windboy226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #26
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae
Except the Mavs, who beat our record in 3 games flat lol.
Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

For the record to the newbies....racist comments will not be tolerated here. I do hope that you were not exposed to that. We are better than that here.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

You can tell the spur fans by the little red boxes it seems.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #29
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps.
*insert eyeroll here*

it was a joke. get it?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #30
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
*insert eyeroll here*

it was a joke. get it?
Oh, sorry. Where I come from, jokes are usually funny.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #31
dn0

dn0 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I think the officiating has been horrible. But horribly consistent. In the spirit of welcome, I'd like to inform you that I just did some laundry. Could I interest you in a freshly laundered crying towel? I'm just here to help. It's what I do. And welcome dN0. Enjoy.
I know it's been horrible, I'm not blaming the referees for being down 2 games. Now.. imagine if the mavs lost those 2 close games, Cuban will have paid a million bucks in fines by now.
Ah, and I almost forgot of AJ who would have probably called "crocodile's wrestling" defense of Bruce Bowen's on Dirk.
You call the spurs crybabies?
Look at the mirror.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-16-2006 at 06:33 AM.
dn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spursreport.com is a pathetic site. I was banned yesterday for *daring* to disagree about the foul call on Duncan in Game 3. Now, they've changed it to where you can't even view posts without logging in.

What a bunch of sore losers.
Good lord, I just checked out spursreport a second ago, and it is just plain sad how whiny they are. I suppose it's the refs' fault that Devin Harris has gotten to the rim at will all series?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #33
veronicamae

Quote:
Oh, sorry. Where I come from, jokes are usually funny.
hardy-har-har
Old 05-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn0
I know it's been horrible, I'm not blaming the referees for being down 2 games. Now.. imagine if the mavs lost those 2 close games, Cuban will have paid a million bucks in fines by now.
Ah, and I almost forgot of AJ who would have probably called "crocodile's wrestling" defense of Bruce Bowen's on Dirk.
Look at the mirror.
Good god man, I'm sorry, but you're a moron. Did Cuban bitch about referees when the Mavs lost to Phoenix last year? Did Cuban bitch about the referees when we lost to Sacramento the year before that? Did Cuban bitch about the referees when we lost to the Spurs?

No.

Shut up and go away.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-16-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #35
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Good lord, I just checked out spursreport a second ago, and it is just plain sad how whiny they are. I suppose it's the refs' fault that Devin Harris has gotten to the rim at will all series?
I've never been to spursreport, though i've heard from many fans that it's a crappy community.

Spurstalk.com is a much better one, and people don't get banned for like, anything. Though of course everyone will be angry about this series so there will be a ton of bitching and complaining, as the fans of any team would do when in this position!

Any of you ever check out the Kings forum? If you, even as a Kings fan, criticize a King player, they ban you - it's horrible! So I appreciate this place being accepting of outsiders.

And of course, Spurstalk.com welcomes all outsiders!

Last edited by veronicamae; 05-16-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 AM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I've never been to spursreport, though i've heard from many fans that it's a crappy community.

Spurstalk.com is a much better one, and people don't get banned for like, anything. Though of course everyone will be angry about this series so there will be a ton of bitching and complaining, as the fans of any team would do when in this position!

Any of you ever check out the Kings forum? If you, even as a Kings fan, criticize a King player, they ban you - it's horrible! So I appreciate this place being accepting of outsiders.

Spurstalk > Spursreport
Old 05-16-2006, 01:05 AM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I will check Spurstalk out. I don't go to gloat (well, not too much) -- I really go to hear another perspective.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:07 AM   #38
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Spurstalk > Spursreport

I've only recently discovered Spurstalk..but there is NO QUESTION it is a more intelligent community than spursreport.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn0
Look at the mirror.
oops...I forgot to offer you a tit to suck on as well. I will get that crying towel to you right away and the tit, well....maybe you should use your thumb instead, although I hear that many spur fans seem to think that Bowen has lovely man boobs if that helps you.

Welcome anyways, we love hearing from all levels of intelligence....even the lower ones.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-16-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #40
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

The amazing thing about the whining Spurs fans is that their team shot more free throws and had less fouls called on them tonight. And you got screwed? What happened to homecourt advantage? The officiating was dreadful tonight, and I was screaming at the refs cause I thought the Mavs were getting screwed on a number of occasions. But then I realized something after that one make up call for the botched 24 second call - the refs were at least evening out their crappy officiating. The refs weren't even on my mind for the last quarter and OT because the game was just that darn good. Oh well Spurs fans, you missed a pretty good game because you were too busy paying attention to a "screw-job by the refs."

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote