Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 AM   #1
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Griffin or Harris for Phoenix?

Do we keep the uptempo world champion-upsetting lineup and run with JET and Harris or do we go back to lockdown defense mode with Griffin back in the starting lineup?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 AM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I think the Mavs will find use for both, but I do think the Mavs would benefit by going small against the Suns. Without Amare on the inside, Dirk will be able to hold his own at center. I think the Mavs can run the Suns out of the gym if they wanted to.

edit: for too much "think"ing

Last edited by jleefilled; 05-23-2006 at 04:05 AM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:23 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta be Harris.

Against the Suns we need to stay quick, and we need Harris to constantly take it right at Nash. Gotta make Nash play defense.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 AM   #4
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I watched a some of the game 7 Suns-Clippers last night (too wired after the Mavs win!! ). It seemed that the Suns had at least one, if not two guys waiting on the perimeter to launch a 3. I hope the Mavs can shift gears quick enough to handle the Suns perimeter shooting. This will be a totally different style than the Spurs...I think we should approach it similarly to last year(this year without a dominating Stoudamire - who killed us)....let Nash have his, but cover Marion, Raja and Barbosa....With the exception of Marion, no one else on the Suns (maybe Diaw) matches up with the Mavs. Let Nash get clobbered a few times if he drives towards the basket. Make him work for every move and shot and wear him down...

Last edited by Maringa; 05-23-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
antiks

antiks is on a distinguished road

the same strategy last year should work better this year..make nash a scorer...he's already mentioned 10000x how he's "physically tired" try to stay in front of him, but don't leave the 3pt launchers..the suns feed off of those bombs...plus there's no amare to throw it to this year..
antiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #6
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

I don't think we should start Harris and Terry at the same time. We NEED to slow down the tempo, and make them play half court. If we run with the SUNS, we will get kill.

We should go back to our normal regular season starter. However, I would put Howard on Nash instead of Terry, and when Harris is in the game, he can be on Nash. As far as Barbosa, I think Griff will do just fine with him.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #7
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

I could go either way initially. We'll just have to see how the first qtr goes. But the Suns are going to try to run that crap where they inbound the ball, then immediately throw it all the way down the court to a 3 pt shooter. If they start to succeed at that, then speed is what we need, and I have to go with Harris. We will need absolute speed to intercept and steal some of those passes and cut that stuff out.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to elect uptempo - or Harris > Griffin.

Griffin on the court creates another 4 on 5 mentality offensively (or 3 on 5 with Diop) and we need to make the Suns work defensively. This is the same reason I believe why KVH will be used more intensively then Diop/Damp in this series. Let's make those Suns play both ends of the court.

As for Nash in particular, I think JET/Harris can both beat Nash off the dribble so even if a switch occurs or if they try to protect Nash defensively, we can have that as a go-to matchup. I want to see both of these guys attacking Nash through 10,000 Erick Dampier picks for 48 minutes.

I also think JET/Harris is better suited to force Phoenix scoring to feature Nash as Griffin is pretty much a lockdown guy. I'm cool with forcing Nash to take 30 shots a game. We can sag five back on the other four and put JHo on Nash. As far as defending all-star points go, TP is a pretty good beta test and JHo did okay with him.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
As for Nash in particular, I think JET/Harris can both beat Nash off the dribble so even if a switch occurs or if they try to protect Nash defensively, we can have that as a go-to matchup. I want to see both of these guys attacking Nash through 10,000 Erick Dampier picks for 48 minutes.
Exactly.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
thunderFence
Banned

thunderFence can only hope to improve

AD !!!

Let Harris come off the bench to wear out Nash or to match up boris diaw
thunderFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #11
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I would say Harris. He is fantastic.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNNF
I don't think we should start Harris and Terry at the same time. We NEED to slow down the tempo, and make them play half court. If we run with the SUNS, we will get kill.

We should go back to our normal regular season starter. However, I would put Howard on Nash instead of Terry, and when Harris is in the game, he can be on Nash. As far as Barbosa, I think Griff will do just fine with him.
Hmmm, i think Griff will get some significant time - i'd like to see how he does guarding Diaw. Diaw is more of a ballhandler for them so I think it's important to lock him down with someone. Howard on Nash for stretches i wouldn't mind. Just keep rotating defenders at him and wear him down. Barbosa is too quick for Griff I believe.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If the Suns continue to start a backcourt of Nash/Bell I think you can easily get away with starting Griff. Regardless of who he's guarding I don't expect he'd be the defender the Suns will look to attack (obviously if he ends up on Nash on switches he'll get plenty of opportunities to make his mark defensively, but that would have more to do with Nash than it would with him), his ability to knock down an open 15 footer should be more valuable in this series and he'd actually be a good post-up option anytime Steve was defending him on the offensive end, and he would help maximize Dallas' biggest advantage on paper coming into the series: rebounding. I don't like having him out there matched up with Barbosa, though. Harris is the obvious counter when the Suns go with the smaller backcourt.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #14
JustReading
Banned

JustReading is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderFence
AD !!!

umm...harris can't guard Diaw.
JustReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #15
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think the Mavs should try pounding the ball to Dampier in the inside. If he can score on Duncan sometimes, he can score on whoever the Suns throw at him. Kill the Suns in the inside.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #16
thunderFence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustReading
umm...harris can't guard Diaw.

I always forget how long that dude is

6'8"
damn
Old 05-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #17
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Harris needs to re-step up again.

Now, don't underestimate Griffin. That guy gets rebounds, and i think he's a damn fine player. I'd like to see him take on Nash a little.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #18
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Harris would tear up Nash 1-on-1. Defensively, it'd be better to have Griffin in. And we're not going to win shootouts with the Suns.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I'd say keep both and go small.
Nowitzki -> Diaw
Griffin -> Marion
Howard -> Tim Thomas
Terry -> Bell
Harris -> Nash

Griffin is a good rebounder for a SF and I believe this is Dallas's best perimeter defense. The only problem is shot blocking but Dallas would rather Phoenix go inside than drain 3's all day.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You could argue that it might be in the Mavs best interest to make sure that they don't overplay both PG's against Nash since either should be able to get to the rim at will versus the guy.

So, Harris or Griffin? I think we have to wait and see.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Harris easily... Nash will need an oxygen mask on the bench after the first few games of running after this kid.

So after Nash is all tired out whats going to happen? Phoenix will get crushed. It will also kind of establish why hes the repeat MVP, they won't be able to play their style without him because it's not the Suns style it's Nashs' style... he just makes them play it with him.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It's gotta be Harris, but I look for Griffin to get good minutes.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Harris might be the only one that can stay with Barbosa. We need to take away the 3 pt shot from Suns. That's their bread&butter play. Make them 1-on-1 players. Some of our defenders might get scorched badly, but it'll irritate them if they can't shoot the 3s. Also need to play Marion off the ball since he's the master at quick putbacks. Hopefully KVH can stay with Diaw.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 AM   #24
GQ03

GQ03 is on a distinguished road

If I was Avery i would go back to the original starting lineup of Terry-Griff-JHo-Dirk-Diop. But I would match up like such:

Nash-JHo

Bell-Terry

Marion-Griff

Thomas-Dirk

Diaw-Diop

What I would is just make sure that our defenders stick to their shooters the whole game, I would Harris,Daniels and Armstrong at Nash to tire himout and as far as our centers go I don't think Diaw can beat us.I just remember us being really effective against them early in the season with our regular lineup.Plus Griffin is the type of defender that gives Marion problems the way artest and Bowen give him problems.
GQ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 AM   #25
doriot

doriot is on a distinguished road
Default Griffen or Harris

I think we go with Harris, for the most part. We have seen what he can do - he just has to get his confidence back and he will help us go all the way!
doriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #26
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ03
If I was Avery i would go back to the original starting lineup of Terry-Griff-JHo-Dirk-Diop. But I would match up like such:

Nash-JHo

Bell-Terry

Marion-Griff

Thomas-Dirk

Diaw-Diop

What I would is just make sure that our defenders stick to their shooters the whole game, I would Harris,Daniels and Armstrong at Nash to tire himout and as far as our centers go I don't think Diaw can beat us.I just remember us being really effective against them early in the season with our regular lineup.Plus Griffin is the type of defender that gives Marion problems the way artest and Bowen give him problems.

I agreed with this completely. If we shut Nash down, then this series will be over. I would definitely put J.Ho on Nash. then rotate Harris off the bench.

I think JHO's long arms will affect Nash greatly. I remembered that Nash had great difficulty against bigger defenders i.e. Bruce Bowen. J.Ho is a little faster than Bruce, which would help even more. AJ should consult with POP regarding on defending Nash. The Spurs had great success with this

I think Terry against Bell are not much of a factor to discuss.

Griff on Marion is a also a key matchup. Griff should play a good amount of minutes here. I think he can handle Marion with some help of Dirk (10 mins or so).

Tim Thomas -- Anyone can guard this guy. He 's mostly camped outside.

Boris Diaw - This would be a big problem for Diop since Diaw is fairly quick and have an outside jumpshots. We might have to go small against him, rotating Daniel, Stack, KVH...

X-Factor player for Phoenix gotta be Barbosa. Since he's coming off the bench, I would just put either Harris and DA on him.

Last edited by DNNF; 05-24-2006 at 07:52 AM.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:45 AM   #27
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

for what is worth.............
at the bottom of one of today's dallas morning news articles says that Griffin is listed as probable starter.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Griffin of course, look at my name.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #29
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

They BETTER go with Harris, they're going to need all the quickness they can get against this Phoenix team.
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #30
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I want to see Griffin starting. I'd like to see him defend Marion. This will also allow us to bring in Harris after Terry and other Mavs have worn Nash down some. However, I also do like the idea of starting Harris to pester Nash, then bring DA off the bench to pester him some more. Fresh legs need to be thrown at Nash constantly.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #31
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I would go with Harris. I would have Harris slashing to the rim on every play and have Terry sitting behind the 3 point line ready to bomb. I would use KVH on Diaw as much as possible, and Dirk will go to the rim on Marion on every play.

I would not even try to out bomb them, I would just abuse them in the paint. I would force them into foul trouble. I would not leave any of their 3 point shooters at all - If they want to penatrate, so be it. I'd rather give up 2 than 3, and these guys shoot 3 pointers like layups.

I would also be on my toes everytime we shoot the ball and either score or don't get the rebound, we'd better get back on defense quickly, and I mean quick!!!! I would bring Damp and Diop in for rebounding purposes, and as long as Diaw isn't shooting 3's and making them, I wouldn't worry about the match up. However, if they start abusing our bigs on the pick and roll, I would bring in KVH to help nutralize them.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine Griff would be terrible on Marion. Marion is just too quick and too springy. Griff would be way better on Bell, Diaw or Thomas.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I don't think Grif has his game legs back. I think he broke down during the regular season to be honest. Just a theory but he looks rusty everytime he is on the court now. Harris on the other hand has a renewed sense of energy and importance. It doesn't matter though. All of our guys will step up to the challenge like always.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #34
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

I like going back to Griff. Our starters from the regular season are good enough to force Phoenix to play our pace instead of vice versa. Also, I really don't see them guarding Harris with Nash, I see Bell doing it, or Barbosa when he's on the floor with Nash.
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #35
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I didn't think about it, but I like Griff on Marion for a couple of reasons.

One, Griff's strength can make it harder on Marion than a lighter defender.

Two, the thing that aggravates me most about Marion is how he constantly gets offensive rebounds and putbacks. With respect to that, the reason I like Griff on Marion is how great he gets the fundamentals, like blocking out and anticipating guys cutting to the goal, and anticipating the pass. He gets a lot of outright steals, or if not a steal, he breaks up a lot of plays. Marion is the key to Phoenix.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #36
thunderFence
Banned

Quote:
AD !!!

I tried to warn you kids about Diaw.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #37
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

"I-told-you-so's" are so last summer, kiddo.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
"I-told-you-so's" are so last summer, kiddo.
Or summer before that, as the case may be.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:46 AM   #39
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I tried to warn you kids about Diaw.
kid ain't duncan. one night is fine.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:49 AM   #40
thunderFence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
kid ain't duncan. one night is fine.

Let Avery continue to put Stackhouse on him and Diaw will be Duncan.
Stackhouse ???? Avery is the worst gameday coach. He is a great mascot and a wonderful story with his speech impediment and everything but he can not coach in game to save his life.