Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough
Default Dirk FINALLY shows up

I know everyone here are huge Dirk Fans. I have to be honest I have NOT been a fan of Dirk's in the past, I've always thought he was overrated and just a good shooter. All I can say now is I'M SORRY!!!! This guy is the real deal. This guy is amazing, he doesn't play the best defense but he does WAY more than most superstars do for their team. He impressed me play after play the series against the Spurs. I don't care what happens from this point on, he has definately made himself an elite player in this league and NOW I think it's time for people to start talking about this guy when you talk about the NBA from a historical standpoint... The Mavericks are LUCKY to have this guy and if "DUMBA$$" Cuban doesn't do whatever it takes to continue to make Dirk happy, then that man truly is an idiot!!!!!
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

dear street preacher,
welcome to the congregation.

signed,
the choir
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Did a Knick fan just call our owner dumb?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan
I know everyone here are huge Dirk Fans. I have to be honest I have NOT been a fan of Dirk's in the past, I've always thought he was overrated and just a good shooter. All I can say now is I'M SORRY!!!! This guy is the real deal. This guy is amazing, he doesn't play the best defense but he does WAY more than most superstars do for their team. He impressed me play after play the series against the Spurs. I don't care what happens from this point on, he has definately made himself an elite player in this league and NOW I think it's time for people to start talking about this guy when you talk about the NBA from a historical standpoint... The Mavericks are LUCKY to have this guy and if "DUMBA$$" Cuban doesn't do whatever it takes to continue to make Dirk happy, then that man truly is an idiot!!!!!
I wouldn't agree that Dirk "finally" showed up -- he's always been a good performer in the playoffs. He's improved year in and year out, so it's no surprise in this regard that he's playing better in this year's playoffs than in any prior year.

Also, I sincerely doubt the Dumbass Cuban will let Dirk go -- there's a reason the Mavs let two of the big 3 go, but not Dirk.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

cuban will not let dirk go. i'm glad you saw the light though.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

"
Quote:
Did a Knick fan just call our owner dumb?
LOL.. That is funny but the word dumb wouldn't even come close to describing what the Knicks owner is. And I'm not saying I EVER thought Dirk was a scrub by any stretch of the imagination, but I truly believed at one point the Mavericks could win without him. WELL THAT WAS WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! The guy is simply put great.....

Your owner on the other hand, while you all may like him, I think he's a clown. A rich one, but a clown nonetheless.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
thunderFence
Banned

thunderFence can only hope to improve

i'd rather have aids than isiah thomas

i have neither so **thunderFence points to scoreboard**
thunderFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"

LOL.. That is funny but the word dumb wouldn't even come close to describing what the Knicks owner is. And I'm not saying I EVER thought Dirk was a scrub by any stretch of the imagination, but I truly believed at one point the Mavericks could win without him. WELL THAT WAS WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! The guy is simply put great.....

Your owner on the other hand, while you all may like him, I think he's a clown. A rich one, but a clown nonetheless.
Cuban may be a clown. But he's a clown that's made this franchise very succuessful.

Hell, maybe being a clown isn't such a bad thing anyway. I mean, Shaq called Don Nelson a clown, and he's the 2nd winningest coach in NBA history.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
Knickfan

I'm not going to dispute what the man's done as far as putting a team together, although the way Dirk has evolved, I personally think alot more of the credit should go to him. That guy is DEFINATELY the difference maker and his being in Dallas is because of Don Nelson not Cuban.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 AM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I think knicks are trying to get KVH now.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #11
Knickfan

Quote:
I think knicks are trying to get KVH now
who is KVH?
Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #12
thunderFence
Banned

thunderFence can only hope to improve

Quote:
who is KVH?
keith van suck
thunderFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
Knickfan

I bet no one was calling him Keith Van Suck when he hit those three pointers in the fourth quarter against the Spurs though...

Again, I'm NOT going to sit here and say the Knicks make better moves or are a better organization than the Mavericks, I'm not an idiot. All I'm saying Cuban is a clown in my opinion, which that and 50 cents will get you a soda out of my vending machine at work. However Cuban has made some questionable acquisitions in the past too, so don't say he's flawless either.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
However Cuban has made some questionable acquisitions in the past too, so don't say he's flawless either.
IMO, Cuban gets too much credit for the good acquisitions and too much blame for the bad ones .... he defers a great deal to the Lil Whistle and Aj. .... eg, I understand that no-one lobbied harder for Damp than Avery.

cheers
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #15
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Knicksfan,

I think you'll find that just about all mavs fans will agree that Cuban's a clown. There will be disagreements on whether his clownship is worth it. He makes most of us uncomfortable at times, but it's hard to argue with the results. Lots of wins, playoff improvement, and a very good show are exactly what we've asked of him.

As for Dirk stepping up, it's debatable whether Dirk just now stepped up, his team just stepped up to be where he's been for a while, or the media has finally stepped out of their own crap-hole of a "slow white Euro" bias. But it sure is nice to see him get some of the credit we've thought he's deserved. Keep watching. He'll get better for a couple more years.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderFence
i'd rather have aids than isiah thomas

i have neither so **thunderFence points to scoreboard**

lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
Knickfan

Quote:
I think you'll find that just about all mavs fans will agree that Cuban's a clown. There will be disagreements on whether his clownship is worth it. He makes most of us uncomfortable at times, but it's hard to argue with the results. Lots of wins, playoff improvement, and a very good show are exactly what we've asked of him.
Very true statement but I just can't stand the man. Maybe I would feel differently if he brought the Knicks but he's not their owner and I can't stand him, but I won't dispute he's done a fine job of creating some excitement there in Dallas since he's taken over.

Quote:
As for Dirk stepping up, it's debatable whether Dirk just now stepped up, his team just stepped up to be where he's been for a while, or the media has finally stepped out of their own crap-hole of a "slow white Euro" bias. But it sure is nice to see him get some of the credit we've thought he's deserved. Keep watching. He'll get better for a couple more years.
Interesting point. I don't know if I completely agree with that statement though. Now I do agree some players are stepping up in the playoffs ie: Howard, Harris and Stackhouse, but even with the great play of those players would this team be in the Western conference finals EVEN WITH their play and no Dirk? I truly doubt it, NOW you replace those players with other solid players and I think Dirk has stepped it up enough to get those other players to this level. The reason I say this is because Dirk has show SO MUCH more fire than he has over the past few years. I'm NOT saying he wasn't good because he's been a stud for the past four to five years but he's figured it out now and he knows how to get others around him to his level. I don't know if the others could do that without Dirk, that's my point with Dirk.