Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default F the NBA

Any more free throws please? Its obvious the NBA doesnt want us to win. Dwayne Wade wasnt even fouled, complete horseshit. I am disgusted.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

the fix is definitely in.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I hate Davis Stern. I hate the NBA...... And I hate the refs. I hope nothing but bad happens to this league. This league is pathetic, and for this league to have a lop sided free throw descrepency, is embarrassing.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

I am sick of all this shit! The media and their obsession with the drama queen, Wade; the Refs throwing this series for Miami. Riley and his thugs! Wade gets more FT that the entire Maverick team? The Mavericks can't win this series. Fuc* Stern and the entire NBA League. A bunch of wannabe Gods!
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still looking for that foul on the supersta'.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I usually don't complain, but they really don't want us to win.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
D-Ball

D-Ball will become famous soon enough

Where does Wade's free throw attempts rank on the all-time list for a game in the NBA Finals?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ball
Where does Wade's free throw attempts rank on the all-time list for a game in the NBA Finals?
G-book rankings!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #9
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Miami Heat roster: Dwayne "Don't touch me or I'll get free throws" Wade

Last edited by g30hd3; 06-19-2006 at 02:19 AM.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 AM   #10
bigbsezwazup

bigbsezwazup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ball
Right up there with Barry Bonds Home Runs, an * beside it.
bigbsezwazup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 AM   #11
GermanB'Baller

GermanB'Baller is on a distinguished road

I'm usually not a guy who complains about the refs. (I'm really not) But yesterday....ridiculous!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Good grief! What a bunch of whining bitches Mav fans have become. It's embarassing.

Did the refs cause Dirk and Josh to miss key free throws down the stretch? Did the refs tell Josh Howard to signal the Mavs timeout TWICE? You want to complain about foul shots, but look at the Mavs strategy. They played hack a Shaq all night and were in the penalty basically the whole game. A few of those Wade calls were phantom, but if the Mavs can overcome a few hometown calls, they don't deserve to win a championship. I actually thought the game was very well officiated up until the last moments of the overtime period.. and I fully expect the hometown team to get calls down the stretch.

So quit bitching, it's making you all look like children. And for those of you threatening to quit being a basketball fan because of this... don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

This is Mark Cuban's team all right. Look at the way our fans emulate him. Nothing but a bunch of fucking pussies.

Mavs in 7. Bitches, stay home.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Madape, before you say anything else, please know that Evilmav is in the same group as everyone else here on the board.

....wait a couple of minutes for Madape to change his tune.... it won't take long.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Murphy, Iactually watched the game live with Evilmav. I specifically remember making the comment in overtime to the effect of "you know, you really can't say that this game was poorly officiated". You know what his response was? S omething to the tune of "yes, i agree". I also remember several times where he said "Thank you Joey Crawford" on calls that could have gone either way that Crawford called in favor of the Mavs. He was actually quite pleased to have Salvatore and Crawford, his two favorite refs, assigned to the game.

Based on those comments, I find his complaints a little confusing. Perhaps he wouldn't be voicing them so loudly if the Mavs were able to score that last second bucket Josh Howard prevented them from attempting.

So yes, I'm calling out EvilMav2 as well as the rest of y'all pussies. Grow a backbone! Act like winners, not losers.

Last edited by madape; 06-19-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
thiggy- I am not trying to discourage ref bashing tonight but some of it sounds like conspiracy theory planning. Ugh. I was merely pointing out that the refs can be overcome. I didn't get to watch the first half and much of the third. I had to listen on XM radio during my travel back to Texas. The radio doesn't give the best vantage. I saw some crap calls. Bad horrific calls. I just felt like we still should have won. I'm disappointed in the Mavs even though I am convinced that the refs were awful. I do hope though that this doesn't begin to sound like spursreport et al.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc, sorry to interject here, but I'd say that whereas I certainly don't think there was any kind of conspiracy going on tonight, but I thought that the officiating performance tonight was terrible on a titanically, historic scale, as Wade set an all-time NBA record for the most free throws made in a finals game, and there were numerous, demonstrably terrible calls that helped send a game to overtime that I thought Dallas should have handily won- with or without the few errors that we made in the waning minutes of the regulation period. As this thread and others show, there are numerous Mavs faithful- who are not poontang whiners who are just trying to whine and moan in a sp*r-like fashion in order to blame the refs instead of Avery & co.- who all got to watch history be made tonight, as rising star D-Wade put up his 43 pts with the help of an all-time NBA record 21-25 FT attempts (of which at least by my count, 8 were completely unwarranted, and many of the others were based on terribly light contact), but it was bad, toxic, ignominious history.

I'd say that Wade doesn't deserve the kind of treatment from the refs that MJ and Oscar and Magic and Bird, etc... never got in the finals, but that is obviously a sentiment that Bennett Salvatore and Joey Crawford didn't share tonight. Sadly, there have been some regrettable exchanges on this thread tonight, but lets not let that cloud the purpose of this thread, which was originally intended to bitch about the historically terrible, terrible stroke job that team Salvatore extended to D-Wade tonight, and the fact that such said stroke job has rightfully upset many Mavs fans (myself included, although I will never be 'done' with my beloved Mavs, regardless of how many 25 FT shooting games they hand to a foe of the Blue and Green)...

I hope the above post doesn't make you cry.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-19-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #16
doldrums

doldrums is on a distinguished road

Boy after the tongue lashing you gave Spurs fans for compalining you guys sound like hypocrites. It sucks to lose and the refs are an easy scapegoat, but just for the hack-a shaq alone, the mavs looked desperate.
doldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

Mav fans have officially lost the right to criticise fans of any other team. It just doesn't get much worse than this.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

It's ok Madape.. I know you're heart broken by Evilmav..You'll be ok.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #19
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

If I got the special Dwyane Wade treatment, I'd score 15 ppg. - And that would be only the free throws.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote