Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 04:12 AM   #1
johndacs

johndacs is on a distinguished road
Default James 'wowed' by Johnson, approaches final answer

The NBA's top remaining free-agent point guard should be off the market soon.

Mike James is expected to announce his next team Tuesday after meeting face-to-face Monday in Las Vegas with Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson. James then returned to his offseason home in Houston to choose between the Mavericks, Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves, all of whom have been negotiating with James during the Vegas Summer League. It's believed that each of those teams is offering the 31-year-old a three-year deal starting at the $5 million mid-level exception.

The front-runner?

Judging by James' comments over the weekend in Los Angeles at a charity basketball game hosted by Baron Davis and Paul Pierce, it's the Mavericks.

And that's largely because of the former pass-first point guard chasing the shoot-first point guard who's coming off a breakout season in Toronto.

"The biggest 'wow' in this whole situation has been Avery Johnson," James says. "I respect him as a coach, but we have a relationship beyond the court. We've been friends for some years now. I've always respected Avery, even as a player when he had that broke jump shot. But he has a ring and he knows what it takes to win. He's been the person who has wowed me the most through this process."

James added that potential suitors must meet two requirements.

Championship contention is No. 1.

"These three teams want to win," James said. "Kevin Garnett tells me he doesn't want the playoffs, he wants to win the championship. Houston wants to get back to that point, and they've already got two superstars.

"Dallas was two games away," James continued, noting that the Mavs are closest to meeting the first prerequisite. "That's a very important factor for me."

No. 2?

"I want a team that wants to win, but also believes that I'm a significant piece," James said. "It's about trust. That's one of the main things I'm focused on. Do you really believe in me?

"These teams tell me they do. For them to say, 'Mike James, you're a significant piece,' that humbles me. With all the stuff I've been through -- everyone telling me I can't, can't, can't -- I'm humbled that these three teams believe in me."

While he stops short of requiring a spot in the starting lineup, James isn't shy about his belief that he should remain a starter.

"I was top 20 in every category besides rebounding, blocked shots and steals," James said. "There's over 400 players in the NBA, so I think I've proven what I'm capable of. All I can do is continue to work and erase all the critics minds."

And according to James, the critics have been hard at work, hounding him throughout his career. Following a stellar college career at Duquesne, James went undrafted before eventually singing with the Heat as a free agent in 2001. Over the next four seasons, James bounced between Boston, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Houston, respectively, before the Rockets dealt him Toronto on the first day of training camp last October.

James went on to establish new career bests in minutes per game (37.0), assists (5.8), rebounds (3.3) and points (20.3). He became just the second undrafted player in NBA history, after John Starks, to average 20 points in a season.

While some might credit the jump in production to contract-year motivation, James says it was a product of increased playing time, a lifetime of hard work and a love for the game that saved him.

"If it wasn't for the game of basketball, I know what I would have done, and it wouldn't have been nice," he said, referring to his rough childhood in Amityville, N.Y. "The only other thing I knew was the streets. Basketball was my way out, so the only thing I can do to give back to the game is play with my heart."

While James continues to ponder a decision that will alter the course of his career, he already knows where he'll be when that decision is announced.

He dreams of a press conference.

"I never had the chance to wear that hat on the podium in front of the media," James said. "I told my wife, I'm going to the podium because I've never done that before. For me to just do that once, I'm awed by it. I'm thankful."

Sam Alipour is a contributor to ESPN The Magazine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2515905
johndacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He's coming to Dallas.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

I don't want James, but with this article... Chumdawg is right.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
He's coming to Dallas.
I completely agree, CD. The Cheap Prostitute is almost certainly coming to Dallas, and I can't imagine that he didn't pick up a full MLE for five years in the process...
Old 07-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
Wiley_e

Wiley_e is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndacs
"Houston wants to get back to that point, and they've already got two superstars."
So that's what he consioders himself..???

He really seems to like to talk about himself a lot
Old 07-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"I want a team that wants to win, but also believes that I'm a significant piece," James said. "It's about trust. That's one of the main things I'm focused on. Do you really believe in me?

He dreams of a press conference.

"I never had the chance to wear that hat on the podium in front of the media," James said. "I told my wife, I'm going to the podium because I've never done that before. For me to just do that once, I'm awed by it. I'm thankful."
Mike, you're a piece alight. Dreams of a press conference?

I didn't like the Stackhouse acquisition, but that turned out alright. I wasn't impressed with the Diop sigining, but that turned into a very pleasant surprise. I'm totally unimpressed with Mike James as a player and for the life of me can't understand AJ's fascination with him...is it just that he's the pick of this year's free agent litter? Here's hoping that AJ is seeing something that is invisible to me (once again).
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:52 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

not sure if I agree he's a front runner. The rockets are offering a longer term deal, can promise more playing time, and from what I understand, James loves the city. I doubt that the possibility of a ring or the opportunity to play under Avery would really be that important to James. It's not as if the Rockets won't be a playoff team next year or that they have a terrible head coach.

My guess is that Duffy is using Dallas as leverage to get a better deal out of Houston.. perhaps something with that trade exception of theirs.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Let's Houston sign him. Let's give the PT to Devin. There's no way Houston would win a championship with the injured prone TMAC, Yao and the ball-hog James.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone really actually like the City of Houston?

Happiness is Houston, TX in the rearview mirror.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My guess is that Duffy is using Dallas as leverage to get a better deal out of Houston.. perhaps something with that trade exception of theirs.
Wouldn't surprise me at all, just because of Duffy.

I am still under the belief, that "what comes around, goes around" though.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
not sure if I agree he's a front runner. The rockets are offering a longer term deal, can promise more playing time, and from what I understand, James loves the city. I doubt that the possibility of a ring or the opportunity to play under Avery would really be that important to James. It's not as if the Rockets won't be a playoff team next year or that they have a terrible head coach.

Agree with Ape on this one. Houston still is his likely choice. It will be interesting to see if Avery can pull this off.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

Planet Houston is definately it's own little world.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

He's going to Houston, I think.

He wants to start.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing him talk about himself like that makes me very nervous about all of this.

Will he totally ruin the chemistry of this basketball team if he comes here?

Come on Houston, help us out for once......
Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
I didn't like the Stackhouse acquisition, but that turned out alright... Here's hoping that AJ is seeing something that is invisible to me (once again).
Maybe acquiring James will allow AJ to become less reliant on Stackhouse. Which would be a good thing.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Worse case scenario...we do an S&T for even more money.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #17
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

That article makes things look good for the Mavs, as y'all are definately closer to winning a title than the Rox or Wolves. I'm still lost as to why you would want James though (at that salary). I think harris is a stud and needs more minutes....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #18
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Harris could be a stud, but isn't yet. Let them fight for playing time. If harris is better, he'll play more, if James is better, Harris will watch from the bench.

It's called competition, nothing wrong with that.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:

Is this the first Mack Davis quote to ever make it's way onto D-M?!!

Do you people not know what you have witnessed?? This is, at the very least, historically significant!

I stand in awe of the greatness of the one who calls himself DrBio.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #20
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

James would only come here if they can guarantee him a starting role IMO.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I've changed my stance. I truly hope the Mavs can grant the great warrior James his lifelong dream of being at a podium wearing a new baseball cap with a team logo on it.

What an unearned ego. Geez.

If he does come here, it better not be for 5 years, and Avery better be right.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
love the seafood...

unless this is a ruse...Jame will be wearing bule and green next season...I hope he quickly connects with Dirk/JT/JHo

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Agree with Ape on this one. Houston still is his likely choice. It will be interesting to see if Avery can pull this off.
I've never wanted ape to be right so much in my life...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Sheesh... if the poor guy wants a press conference... Mark, throw him a darned press conference, already!!

Sefkos & Steins can't be too busy this time of the year... or should I say any time of the year?!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #25
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Maybe acquiring James will allow AJ to become less reliant on Stackhouse. Which would be a good thing.
God Willing...of course...they did just get rid of Quisy...I hope that wasn't for Stack...

out of a possible guard core of JT/James/Harris/Ager/Stack/Griff or Buck ...I'm sure he'll find plenty of time for Stack...

Old 07-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great article, but I still believe he will go to Houston nonetheless. Fortunately for the Mavs, when it comes down to it, Houston is the perfect situation for him. He will get starter minutes, he will be playing with a competitive team, he will land a favorable contract, and he already has a home in the city.

With that said, having James Houston bound will have placed an exclamation point on what, in my opinion, has proven to be a successful off-season.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
With that said, having James Houston bound will have placed an exclamation point on what, in my opinion, has proven to be a successful off-season.
for Dallas or Houston?

Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

If James wants numbers anywhere close to last seasons...H Town is for him.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #29
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
for Dallas or Houston?
Good question?!

With or without James, I think Dallas' off-season is still unfinished I believe. I believe, something's up in the works with some permutation/combination of Damp/Stack/Croshere/Pavel/picks/cash.

Houston better get James or they're stuck without a PG yet again! And if they do, and presuming they stay healthy, I think they have a fairly good chance to go deep in the playoffs!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
If James wants numbers anywhere close to last seasons...H Town is for him.
He says Championship contention is #1... if that were true, he'd be foolish to not pick Dallas among the three (Vegas odds makers would vouch for it!).
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #31
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get why he would want to sign with a team that traded him away a year ago after NOT starting him for most of his (brief) time there. Not sure who's dumber on that deal--the Rockets for trying to re-sign a guy they didn't think was a starter to a long-term deal, or James for considering returning to that situation.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #32
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

"These teams tell me they do. For them to say, 'Mike James, you're a significant piece,' that humbles me. With all the stuff I've been through -- everyone telling me I can't, can't, can't -- I'm humbled that these three teams believe in me."

While he stops short of requiring a spot in the starting lineup, James isn't shy about his belief that he should remain a starter.

"I was top 20 in every category besides rebounding, blocked shots and steals," James said. "There's over 400 players in the NBA, so I think I've proven what I'm capable of. All I can do is continue to work and erase all the critics minds."

Me no likey. Thats a lot of "I" and "me" coupled with talking about oneself in the third person. I really hope Avery knows what he's doing - this guy seems like a Terrance Copper talent with a Terrell Owens ego.

I ask again... Is this not the same Mike James who was completely neutralized by super spare?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I ask again... Is this not the same Mike James who was completely neutralized by super spare?
its just a reminder of how short the memories of fans are...

Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Give the warrior the keys to the car!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #35
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Give the warrior the keys to the car!!
chumdawg...a madape starter kit?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My money is still on Houston.

For some reason I have trouble trusting anything that comes out of Mike James' mouth.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

i don't trust duffy (obviously), but the players often time speak their mind...not to say that their minds cannot be quickly changed by dollars....

Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #38
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

what is so wrong about him wanting to win? I don't get it. him saying that he wants a press conference and a baseball hat just shows me he is determined to win a championship. seriously, what's wrong with that? would you rather him say, "I dream of going to a team who is going to pay me a bunch of money and if we win, we win"? and when he says that "Houston already has two superstars" I take that as him saying Houston wouldn't be a terrible place to be. look what the Mavs have done with the Van Exels and Stackhouses of the NBA. so what if he has an ego and believes in himself? to me that is much better than Raef doubting himself and sucking it up. I want James here. and if he does end up here, I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
its just a reminder of how short the memories of fans are...
Im more concerned about the short memory of Avery....
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #40
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I think this is a total Bill Duffy parade...No way he lets James sign with Dallas. I'm ambivalent about him playing for Dallas or Houston. If James signs with Dallas...it's the deathnell (spelling?) for Devin Harris.