Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 AM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default USA starting 5

just a topic i thougth a bout last night. who would you pick as your starting lineup?

PG - CHris Paul
SG - Dwade
SF - Lebron
PF - Chris Bosh/Brand
C - Miller/Howard

i picked bosh over brand because of his ability to shoot the ball which is critical in international play. PF and C would alternate depening on which combo you want to use. if bosh is the PF then use howard at C. if Brand was PF then Miller should get the nod at center.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

is this the u-23 usa team?? get some experience. miller should not represent out country. freakin looks like trailor trash
Old 07-23-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
young_gunner

young_gunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i would start Billups and have Paul back him up just beacuse of the experiance factor..

12 men i would take;

PG-- Billups, Arenas, Paul
SG-- Wade, Redd, Bowen.. i hate to say it..
SF-- James, Anthony
PF-- Bosh, Brand,
C-- Stoudamire (if healthy), Howard

If SToudamire wasnt healthy to play i would play Bosh @ C and take Marion @ PF..
I wouldnt take Miller, i would rather be more athletic, and marion is a great athlet and plays good D.
young_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupyonuts
is this the u-23 usa team?? get some experience. miller should not represent out country. freakin looks like trailor trash
Stereotypes are fun.

What exactly is "trailor trash"?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I thought Billups wasnt making the cut due to personal reasons?

Whatever the case this is how it should look:

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Lebron
PF: Bosh
C: Howard

bench: Paul, Bowen, Battier, Anthony, Marion, Stoudamire, Redd

Thats is the most complete team in my opinion.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Stereotypes are fun.

What exactly is "trailor trash"?
yes they are quite fun. did i misspell it? i dunno. either way, hes got the trashy look to him. alot of people have it when they ahave the whole beard thing goin on like he does including myself and some of my friends at times.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Anyone that finds Larry the Cable Guy remotely amusing.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
thewillis12

Quote:
look what i say when rotations come in. big men who can shoot are a must in international play. there is a reason y ben wallace never succeed or ever play well in international play. you need a big man capable of shooting. thats why miller should come in if brand was to start. vice versa.....
Old 07-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
pickupyonuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd
Anyone that finds Larry the Cable Guy remotely amusing.
werd
Old 07-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
pickupyonuts

ben wallace is a bit of an exageration...he is the worst shooter i have ever seen. i can shoot better than him. if you can shoot above 10% taking jump shots you can shoot better than him. so you have to be a good shooter. why then would you bring in bruce bowen? he has a good 3 pt% from one corner of the floor. that does NOT make him a good shooter.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Dwyane Wade, David Stern, Stu Jackson, Dick Bavetta, and Bennett Salvatore. Danny Crawford can be the sixth man. Those guys are undefeated. And yes, I have a long memory...

In all seriousness, Paul, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Brand would be interesting.

Last edited by ddh33; 07-24-2006 at 02:30 PM.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Uh, have any of you actually seen Brand play? He's a decent shot from about 17ft out, that's enough to make room for slashers.

That being said, my starting 5 is

Wade
Redd
Anthony
Brand
Stoudamire

Wade and James is kinda redundant to start, and James would go better with a true point guard on the court with him, so i don't start Paul. Redd is their for shooting, and Anthony is their b/c i don't think he and James should come off the bench at the same time.

Coach K wants a post player that can score back to the basket, a power forward with decent range who can defend, Point guard who's pass first but can hit open shots, and 2 wing players that have range but can also slash.

So, here's how it'll probably look

Paul
Redd
James
Bosh
Brand
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I like Brand but if Stoudamire, Bosh, and Howard are all healthy I would still rather add Marion with them because he has much better range than Brand. I think Bosh as a center would give them plenty of range from everyone as well.

Also Arenas is clearly the best starter for the pg spot... hes the best pure shooting pg that has a shot to make the roster. I think him and Wade would be the best starting backcourt if they are looking for shooters. Although having Athony on instead of James starting does make sense in the starting rotation so James can have Paul assist him.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 AM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't think they'll keep Amare on the roster, because he's saying he's only 70% in ability level. I expect Paul, Wade, Lebron, Brand, and Howard as the starters.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
pickupyonuts

i think brand has now developed a more consistant jumper than marion within 17 feet as well. he was hitting everything against the suns. it would also be quite interesting to see adam morrison thrown into the mix....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #16
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Marion has been injured somehow apparently so I expect Brand to be part of the team, im not saying he cant shoot im saying Marion has more range. I wouldnt want Brand taking an NBA three anytime soon.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:27 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

do players really care about competing? It seems like players were absolutely dying to represent the USA a decade ago and now everyone with a hangnail, a camp for kids, or a Canadian girlfriend is finding reason not to play.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 AM   #18
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I'd start:
PG-- Paul
SG-- Redd
SF-- James
PF-- Bosh
C-- Howard

A traditional point guard who's used to playing on the smaller court more than Billups.
A great shooter as a SG.
A great Athlete at the 3 spot, who can create for himself and play all kinds of positions if help is needed somewhere.
A great shooting PF who can defend.
And a massive center who is agile and a great rebounder.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #19
thewillis12

whoa i forogt about redd. hahah yea but do you really think coach K wont start wade?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33
Dwyane Wade, David Stern, Stu Jackson, Dick Bavetta, and Bennett Salvatore. Danny Crawford can be the sixth man. Those guys are undefeated. And yes, I have a long memory...
lol. pure gold, my friend.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Well, Ridnour, Marion, and Morrison were left off the 15 man roster. They are going to cut it down to 12 pretty soon.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 07-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'd start Nash at the point...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

ya hoser
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #24
Tokey41
Platinum Member

You guys wish...

Anyway Redd isin't playing because he cant commit to the schedule. So they will probably pair Wade and JJ at the 2 which isint that bad of a replacement. Paul should be on the floor with Lebron and Arenas should be paired with Wade. Seems good to me.

Starters: Arenas, Wade, Anthony, Bosh, Howard
Bench: Paul, JJ, Lebron, Brand, Stoudamire... and then Bowen and Battier
Old 08-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #25
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Team USA's first exhibition game is tommorow and I believe it will be on ESPN2..

I was browisng through some pics of team USA's practice and came upon these...

-----------

Is Dwight Howard ripped or what...dayum
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #26
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

dang this usa team is stacked.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #27
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
dang this usa team is stacked.
As was the last one, unfortunately! The difference, of course, could be Coach K over Brown. He seems to be saying and doing things the right way. Hopefully he could have 'em play a team game cognizant of all the international rules, style of play, etc.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #28
GO DJ

GO DJ is on a distinguished road

This is the best pic though.

Thats what happens after 1 year of sitting on your as$.

CP3 rejecting Amare.

Last edited by GO DJ; 08-02-2006 at 05:30 PM.
GO DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious
Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Stoudamire is an idiot-- on TV just now he said "Soldiers deserve to have a chance to watch me. They fight, we fight. We're in the same class, you know"
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man, Dwight Howard is a beast.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #32
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO DJ
This is the best pic though.

Thats what happens after 1 year of sitting on your as$.

CP3 rejecting Amare.
Lol!

Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #33
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Man, Dwight Howard is a beast.
Word. He is a very promising young star. Now the Magic look like geniuses for taking him over Emeka.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Well, none of us were right. The 5 starters were Paul, Wade, Lebron, Melo, Bosh.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #35
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The Lineup I thought was most effective last game was.
C D. Howard (rebounding beast)
PF L. James
SF Joe Johnson
SG Wade
PG Hinrich.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:08 AM   #36
thewillis12

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
Team USA's first exhibition game is tommorow and I believe it will be on ESPN2..

I was browisng through some pics of team USA's practice and came upon these...

-----------

Is Dwight Howard ripped or what...dayum
someone ate his veggies and protien while growing up.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 AM   #37
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

China vs. US will begin right now. But no Mavs players...
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #38
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I STILL think Dwight Howard is going to be the best player in the league within 5 years...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #39
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

The US creamed China today.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #40
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Funny to see Lebron start at PF considering he came into the league as a point. The lineup looks a bit like a college lineup in terms of size, which isn't surprising considering the coach. Of course more NBA teams have smaller lineups these days as well.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote