Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of
Default Stack Gives Mother A Church

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2563529

Sounds like his offseason's going well, with the whole key to the city thing and this.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yes it does. What's with all this Stack stuff going on?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

A whole Church?!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Yes it does. What's with all this Stack stuff going on?
He's in his hometown lately, so he's doing stuff over there. And since he's a celebrity, it's news if he walks into a Kroger.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

whats the big deal? churches aren't cool
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Stack's mom is a minister and he refurbished her church...

NEVERTHELESS, This is a very goooooooood thing.... It certainly can't hurt to have the big man upstairs on your side. More Karma for the Mavs. 07 is the Year!!!!

Mark the Tape!

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 08-28-2006 at 06:38 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love me a sista preacha!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If he was a good son he would spring for a church, great hall and parsonage.

Great job Stack. Pure class.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
If he was a good son he would spring for a church, great hall and parsonage.
just because you buy your mom a new satanic cross, spotless goat, and 13 year old German Virgin every year doesn't mean everyone has to!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 08-28-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean not everyone does that?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

you are a pretty good son....not everyone meets your high standards...

Old 08-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i'll give you a church
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
just because you buy your mom a new satanic cross, spotless goat, and 13 year old German Virgin every year doesn't mean everyone has to!
Female? Ooh I like

Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Female? Ooh I like
Only you guys could get from a Church, to Female Virgin GERMANS in less than 15 posts.

edit edit edit.

im gay

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-29-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

who said anything about virgin goats?

boy, you crazy!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i'll give you a church
really?

Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

why did i confuse germans with goats?

maybe I like goats.... hmm.....
Old 08-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
why did i confuse germans with goats?

maybe I like goats.... hmm.....
creeptacular!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Any clue on to what the name of the Church is?

Old 08-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

"New House of Hope Free Will Baptist Church"

if this google search can be trusted : http://news.pajamasmedia.com/sport/2..._rebound.shtml

Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Are Baptist's Christians? Or something else? Catholic?

Wait... I think it's Christian. yeah I do think so!

I'm a Roman-Catholic.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 08-30-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

I'm pretty sure that Catholics would like to be considered Christians

yes, Baptists are Christians.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

On behalf of all catholics, yes we'd like to be considered Christians. lol
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
On behalf of all catholics, yes we'd like to be considered Christians. lol
there you have it....after over 1700 years of exsistance Catholics are now, according ot Flaco, Christians

Last edited by sike; 08-30-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM   #25
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Way to go Flaco! Wow! I am now an official Christian!
So what does that make me? A Roman-Catholic Christian? Cool

Old 08-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol

Christian: of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith.

Actually it's a hotly debated topic whether or not Catholics are also Christians.

We won't get into it here.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-30-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #27
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

yeah cool with me

Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Actually it's a hotly debated topic whether or not Catholics are also Christians.

We won't get into it here.
unless someone wants to...in the polit section

Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

[off-topic]Are these guys Christians?

Enquiring minds want to know!!!! [/off-topic]

Way to go Stack!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #30
mynameisdirk

mynameisdirk is on a distinguished road

what has Dirk done lately?
mynameisdirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Catholics aren't Christians. Christians believe that Jesus is also God, and Catholics don't.

And yes, Baptists are Christians.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:08 AM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Catholics aren't Christians. Christians believe that Jesus is also God, and Catholics don't.

No sir.... Christians believe that Jesus is part of the Triune God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). And Catholics do believe this as well.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #33
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Thank you Mr. Jerry Darnell Stackhouse..........from all of us.......

Old 08-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:

Hey, hot sports opinions there.....

But let me help your edification concerning what catholics believe.

This the Nicene Creed said by catholics at all masses.

We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, light from light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
and became truly human.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],
who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,
Christianity consists of "at least" three different groups. (By my understanding, I am in no way an expert)
Catholics - who believe that the way to God is through the Pope and the church. Jesus is the son of God yes, but to get saved, you need to confess your sins to the church.
Protestants - who believe Jesus gave man the way to God via the holy spirit and belief in Jesus is the only way to salvation --- Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Church of Christ, etc.
Mormans - who believe Jesus is the way, but that he came to the Americas after his death on the cross and that they are a descending group of the chosen Jewish people (at least according to the Morman bible).

*** On a side note -- I have no idea how Mormons get their doctrine from either their bible or the Holy bible (both of which are sacred to them), when their doctrine does not reflect what either bible plainly states.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #36
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

historically, Catholics are/were the first Christians.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM   #37
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Yup, well the Catholic Church IS the largest CHRISTIAN Church .... so yeah, they ARE considered Christians
Old 09-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #38
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Anyone who genuinely claims to be a Christian is a Christian.
I always think its funny when people of a religion accuse other people of that religion of not being "true believers" because they don't believe the same exact thing.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote