Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Croc Hunter Steve Irwin dies of stingray

Quote:
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that' is when it occured.

Mr Irwin's body was being flown to Cairns.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

It is believed Mr Irwin's American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and has yet to be told of her husband's death.

Mr Irwin - known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter - is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!".

The father of two's Crocodile Hunter program was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on cable network Discovery.

He has also starred in movies and has developed the Australia Zoo wildlife park, north of Brisbane, which was started by his parents Bob and Lyn Irwin.
Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Australia Zoo for his official Christmas card last year, hailed Mr Irwin for his work in promoting Australia.

Mr Irwin was heavily involved in last year's "G'Day LA" campaign.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," a spokesman said.
LINK

Last edited by Purple&Gold; 09-04-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Ahh man, this is sad, and he was pretty young too

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

The man was brave but he had it coming
Old 09-04-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If this is true, it saddens me greatly. Quite a loss for us all.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Reports are sketchy at this time, but some sources indicate Mr. Irwin had shoved his finger up the sting ray's butthole prior to the attack.

Seriously though, it sucks his daughter will have to grow up without a father. Peace to his family.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple&Gold
The man was brave but he had it coming
I agree that he was irresponsible and way to nonchalant around wild animals when he was filming but I don't think he had it coming. Irwin was an icon who really advanced the idea of conservation. He is really going to be missed in my opinion, but I think him and Nigel Marven gave people a wrong impression about biology. Nobody grabs a poisonous snake by the tail. Herpetologists use specially designed tools, including traps, that minimize the danger to both the snakes and to themselves.

To be honest I really liked Irwin and his shows. I think he was really good for advancing the cause of naturalism and conservation. He really had an enthusiasm for nature that was unrivaled and I think he had a zeal and passion for living that was contagious. This is a sad, sad day.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Its been a while since I've watched his show (was it still on?), but I used to really enjoy it. My thoughts go out to his wife, son and daughter.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Damn sad day. I was shattered when I heard the news. Such an enthusiastic campaigner for the environment. I hope that his legacy is that we all better understand conservation of all of nature. RIP to the original and best crocodile hunter, you will be missed.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!

Last edited by OzMavs; 09-04-2006 at 04:50 AM.
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:03 AM   #9
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Dude was a legend. I wasnt big on his shows but i've seen enough of it to see his passion for it. But i loved when he was on Late Night w/ Conan or Jay. He'll be missed.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

This is such a terrible loss! He will be missed! Adios "crikey"!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #12
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Rest In eternal Peace!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

His Sports Center commercial is one of my favorites

rest in peace dude.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

very sad. And from what I've read, to be killed by a stingray in that manner is freakishly rare.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #15
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Tragic.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

What a cool way to go out though.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Its been a while since I've watched his show (was it still on?), but I used to really enjoy it. My thoughts go out to his wife, son and daughter.
My first thought was of his family as well. Very sad.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I rarely watched him, but he had one of those rare and extremely magnetic personalities. Just Saturday I watched one of his shows as he was messing with a cobra snake.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I wasn't a big fan of his- but he did have a really warm, magnetic, almost infectious charm to him. This bummed me out today.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Never was a fan, but I still think he was a cool guy. This sucks.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #21
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

A large Stingray was taken into custody off the coast of Australia today and charged with homicide in the untimely death of Steve Irwin,also known as the "Croc Hunter". The Stingray is expected to enter a plea early in the week, but first an interpetor is needed to explain to the accused what his legal rights are and find if he wants an attorney to represent him or act as co-council in this matter which has drawn worldwide attention.This will be the first time a stingray has been charged with murder and those in the legal community have serious doubts the government will win a conviction. Stingrays are allowed to carry lethal darts and there is no legislation on the books at this time that would require them to become licenced or attend any sort of training in the use of their weopon. Gun control advocates are highly upset that something like this could have escaped the government's control these many years and are seeking a temporary injunction against any stingray being able to defend itself with deadly force against some dipshit who thinks of the entire ocean as his personal petting zoo.. Control advocates feel that Irwin's death could have been prevented had the stingray attended anger management classes, which is also not required at this time for any sea creatures including Barracudas and Sharks. The Stingray is also expected to be questioned about any involvement he may have had in the death of JonBenet Ramsey as the search for her killer continues after the state of Colorado learned that they can't even charge Karr with following too close and are anxious for any possible way to get that case off the books and get on with their chickenshit lives.

.... cockroached off another site. funny shit.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

He was a very likable guy, it's sad to see him go, especially so suddenly. Do you think the show will continue with the next Crocodile Hunter?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

this is actually fairly non dangerous as far as croc hunter things go. He is only the third recorded man to die from a stingray in australia.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Wow, that's a pretty cool stat. It makes it even more sad =(

Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Tribute

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #26
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A large Stingray was taken into custody off the coast of Australia today and charged with homicide in the untimely death of Steve Irwin,also known as the "Croc Hunter". The Stingray is expected to enter a plea early in the week, but first an interpetor is needed to explain to the accused what his legal rights are and find if he wants an attorney to represent him or act as co-council in this matter which has drawn worldwide attention.This will be the first time a stingray has been charged with murder and those in the legal community have serious doubts the government will win a conviction. Stingrays are allowed to carry lethal darts and there is no legislation on the books at this time that would require them to become licenced or attend any sort of training in the use of their weopon. Gun control advocates are highly upset that something like this could have escaped the government's control these many years and are seeking a temporary injunction against any stingray being able to defend itself with deadly force against some dipshit who thinks of the entire ocean as his personal petting zoo.. Control advocates feel that Irwin's death could have been prevented had the stingray attended anger management classes, which is also not required at this time for any sea creatures including Barracudas and Sharks. The Stingray is also expected to be questioned about any involvement he may have had in the death of JonBenet Ramsey as the search for her killer continues after the state of Colorado learned that they can't even charge Karr with following too close and are anxious for any possible way to get that case off the books and get on with their chickenshit lives.

Who the hell thinks this is funny, and why would you post it in this thread?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-05-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #27
Drbio
Banned

That isn't funny at all. Not one bit.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

On the Musers this morning they raised an interesting question as to whether or not the video footage of this incident would get out on the internet (which btw imo would be in horrifically bad taste), and would you watch said footage, should it become available?

obviously I would pass....
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 AM   #29
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

It'll never be released.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Honestly, I would watch it as I am interested in the sting ray defense as a biologist and what we could learn from it. However, I don't think it should be released nor will it. It is now being reported that Irwin pulled the barb from his chest immediately after it happened so there is obviously a moment where he knew what was going on and was struggling. I have no desire to see that part of it as I (as a biologist) understand the pain and shock of what he was likely going through (toxicity response, penetration of heart and major trauma). That does not interest me in any way. I am fairly certain (contrary to earlier reports) that after this new report of him removing the barb that he was experiencing severe pain and suffering in those last moments of life.

Very sad.

Last edited by Drbio; 09-05-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #31
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

CRIKEY!!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know if any of you have ever been to Grand Cayman or some such place where you can go out to a sand bar and swim with/feed the sting rays, but I found it to be a real riot. Very fun, althogh very intimidating.

The sting rays there are hopefully very very much smaller than the one that he faced off the barrier reef, and they are somewhat "tamed" being used to the tourist who come with the fish every day. But still, I remember their big tails sailing gently around in the air past your face as they swam past (and tried to suck on your bathing suit a lot looking for fish, it was wierd).

It was great fun, but this has me wondering if I would ever go back, even knowing that was a one in a million freak accident with Steve Irwin.

Has anyone else done this, and would you do it again?
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

I have done it and would not hesitate to do again. This was a freak accident.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 AM   #34
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry for his family but gimme a break.

First off, if anything the cut and paste, using humor, illustrates how unlikely this death was and how it was a freakish accident. Don't just always misconstrue humor as disrespect.

Secondly, get off your high horse, people mourn differently. Some by laughter - not with purple frownie faces.

Lastly, although too early, the man died doing what he loved.

Try to find some light in the dark.

Cheers.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 AM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I would agree though that that was laughing at the situation, and most of us are sad about it and not in the mood to laugh at a person we all knew and loved dying in a painful freak accident.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:05 AM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I don't know if any of you have ever been to Grand Cayman or some such place where you can go out to a sand bar and swim with/feed the sting rays, but I found it to be a real riot. Very fun, althogh very intimidating.

The sting rays there are hopefully very very much smaller than the one that he faced off the barrier reef, and they are somewhat "tamed" being used to the tourist who come with the fish every day. But still, I remember their big tails sailing gently around in the air past your face as they swam past (and tried to suck on your bathing suit a lot looking for fish, it was wierd).

It was great fun, but this has me wondering if I would ever go back, even knowing that was a one in a million freak accident with Steve Irwin.

Has anyone else done this, and would you do it again?

I've done something similar to that, and I'd do it again.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:42 AM   #37
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Wow.. that's very sad. R.I.P.
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

First off, if anything the cut and paste, using humor, illustrates how unlikely this death was and how it was a freakish accident. Don't just always misconstrue humor as disrespect.

Secondly, get off your high horse, people mourn differently. Some by laughter - not with purple frownie faces.

Cheers.
Well one thing working against you was that the paragraph you posted was completely devoid of humor, in any way. Whether it was making fun of a sad situation or not, it just wasn't funny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-06-2006 at 08:24 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #39
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it coming... Saw it coming... Saw it coming...

Although a stingray? Didn't see that coming - I thought he'd be torn to ribbons by crocs one day...

Oh well, at least he died doing what he loved...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #40
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

Cheers.
So you posted that completely unfunny article because you were "mourning" differently? Give me a break.

Last edited by mary; 09-06-2006 at 10:08 AM.