Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of
Default Pre-Season Game #1 - Mavs at Hornets

Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Time: 7:00 Central
Broadcast: HDNet, ESPN 103.3FM

MAVS TO WATCH:

Maurice Ager

Ndudi Ebi

Pat Carroll

Darius Washington

Jose Juan Barea

Pops Mensah-Bonsu

DJ Mbenga

Devin Harris

Last edited by StackAttack; 10-10-2006 at 08:00 AM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

mavs 220 hornets 7
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even care about this game lol, Dirk Terry and Stack aren't even playing.

C'mon Nov 2nd.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have HDNET, but it will be nice to hear Chuck on 103.3 for a few minutes. But you're right fluid...this game isn't really all that exciting....23 more days....!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

And of course I will be back in Pa by tip off...
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for the preseason games - I really want to see how this bench performs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I can't wait til October 27th, cuz we play a preseason game against the Spurs, and it's televised.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

saw barea at fan jam really liked him I want to see what he does againt onther teams
Old 10-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #9
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Aaah, basketball begins anew... I'm pretty excited, even if it's a meaningless preseason game... go mavs, let's see what these guys can do...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Wow, love the avatar Irontoad--Chronotrigger forever!

In regards to the game, I'm excited. Too bad about Dirk and Jet, but we pretty much know what to expect from them anyway. My primary interest right now is Devin's jumpshot. Has it significantly improved?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Wow, love the avatar Irontoad--Chronotrigger forever!

In regards to the game, I'm excited. Too bad about Dirk and Jet, but we pretty much know what to expect from them anyway. My primary interest right now is Devin's jumpshot. Has it significantly improved?
Not at all.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Not at all.
Darn. That's not what I wanted to hear

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Darn. That's not what I wanted to hear
that is a fairly premature statement, so don't worry, 13.

forget you guys who say you're not excited...its Mavs basketball!!! I've been waiting for a long time to see Pops the new crew...I'm pumped!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

I'm excited. Preseason party at my friend's house! Rooting for Darius Washington to perform and make the team.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I wish the game was televised!! I'm excited because it means we are that much closer to the regular season which means we are that much closer to the playoffs which means we are that much closer to our first NBA championship!! Happy birthday to me!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light
Default TV

The game hasnt shown anywhere on the Directv guide for Hdnet, anyone know what channel it will be on?
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #17
StackAttack
Platinum Member

HDNet at 7, no idea about pregame/postgame stuff. Your guide's probably wrong.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #18
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Pre-Game on 103.3: Dirk, JET with foot issue (wtf?), Stack (with knee), Devin Harris (hamstring - is a MAJOR INJURY supposedly, Mavs don't expect him to play "anytime soon") are all not in the arena.

Last edited by StackAttack; 10-10-2006 at 06:42 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #19
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Haha, lame Avery interview, "Both teams were champions."
Old 10-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #20
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
HDNet at 7, no idea about pregame/postgame stuff. Your guide's probably wrong.
This is total Bullshit. Directv will one again not show the game. They are showing the philly flyers and NY rangers on channel 95. They did this same thing at least half of the games on Hdnet last season. So, HDnet advertises the games on Directv but they just don't show them most of the time. This really pisses me off and I may switch to cable if they don't pull their head out of their ass.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Does anyone know if this will be broadcasted on time warner or fios?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #22
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
This is total Bullshit. Directv will one again not show the game. They are showing the philly flyers and NY rangers on channel 95. They did this same thing at least half of the games on Hdnet last season. So, HDnet advertises the games on Directv but they just don't show them most of the time. This really pisses me off and I may switch to cable if they don't pull their head out of their ass.
Ya i figured the same thing when I saw that hockey game on ch 95
Old 10-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #23
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I don't think time warner carries Hdnet. Just be happy at least direc tv even carries the channel.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #24
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

what the hell are you talking about Devin with a major injury?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #25
neo

neo is on a distinguished road

anyone seeing the game on FIOS?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #26
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
what the hell are you talking about Devin with a major injury?

Same old shit, different season. I feel that Devin is a major part of the team and he better be ready for SA and Houston to open the season. Devin might be one of those guys who is always injured. He has such promise but if he can't stay healthy them what good is he?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

that pic of mbenga is awesome

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
anyone seeing the game on FIOS?
Nope. The guide says it's supposed to be on, but it's not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #29
VivaNajera
Golden Member

screw Directv, i dont wanna watch hockey
Old 10-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
Bookit
Diamond Member

Great, even the Rockets game is on TV and I can't watch the Mavs.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #31
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

This sux, I have Fios and HDNet and it is not on. They have it in the guide as on HDNet, but they had a audio recording saying something like: Those who are expecting a sporting event, it may be on another special event HD channel. WHAT A CROCK! I checked all HD channels offered through Verizon Fios and it is not on period.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 10-10-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #32
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 92-83
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #33
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Damp with 6 rebounds in 9 minutes.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #34
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

For those who wanted to watch the mavs but can't, the sixers and suns are on espn2, starting in five minutes.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
This sux, I have Fios and HDNet and it is not on. They have it in the guide as on HDNet, but they had a audio recording saying something like: Those who are expecting a sporting event may be on another special event HD channel. WHAT A CROCK! I checked all HD channels offered through Verizon Fios and it is not on period.
Yup, it appears the Mavs game is on the HDNet special even channel, FIOS does not appear to get.

What a sham.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #36
antiks

antiks is on a distinguished road

Dallas Mavericks Games on HDNet

Please note: Due to technical constraints, neither DIRECTV nor Dish Network will offer tonight's game in Texas. Please contact DIRECTV or Dish Customer Service with any questions.

http://www.hd.net/mavsonhdnet.html
antiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #37
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Barea's having a great game, as is Ager. Pops has a block and a couple boards, Damp has 8 boards, 5 offensive.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #38
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
For those who wanted to watch the mavs but can't, the sixers and suns are on espn2, starting in five minutes.
It's already over, Sixers won.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #39
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiks
Dallas Mavericks Games on HDNet

Please note: Due to technical constraints, neither DIRECTV nor Dish Network will offer tonight's game in Texas. Please contact DIRECTV or Dish Customer Service with any questions.

http://www.hd.net/mavsonhdnet.html
"technical contraints" is another way of saying that they are showing something else on that channel. Too bad Directv does this about 50% of the time. So HD net will advertise 14 games this season on HDnet. Unfortunetly, Directv subscribers will get 7 or 8 games all season on HDnet. 3 years ago HDnet carried 28 games and most were broadcast. I don't know what changed but it apprears to be carrying over to this season.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad, because it sounds like this is quite a game going on tonight!

Wonder if they will replay it on NBATV?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote