Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 9

I know we've discussed this show in other threads...but after tonight's episode...it deserves its own.

It seems to be stocked full of fine actors and have a certain direction...I really like this show and once in my life actually like Scott Wolf (I think that is the party of five guy's name). Anyway he seems have tapped into a solid character...a man wanting to put it all behind him...but not being able...wanting to be strong for his lady love and willing to do ANYTHING to keep her together and seek restoration between the two of them. Chi McBride is always more than solid...but I am very interested in this show's potential of moving past one season...how can they? This story seems built for one or two at the most.

tonight's episode pointed out that people are all (in their own way) losers...and that even heroes have their failings...and that sometime, the line separating heroes and villians is a thin one indeed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-12-2006 at 01:01 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed last night's episode. I think it has potential, but I definitely agree that this has a short life span. There's no way I'd follow this past one season unless they came up with something else to help the plot along.

I'm still not to the point that I'm ready to commit for an entire season, especially since I already picked up two new shows this year, but I'm giving it a chance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-12-2006 at 08:17 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

its the solid acting that is sucking me in....

its funny how a concept can either pull you in or push you away...as for "Heroes" the concept is so strong and I watch it ignoring the poor acting...while the 9's acting is very strong and the concept as less allure..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Well, its been quite some time since I tried something new, so I hoping this turns out ok (Seriously either Lost or Big Love was the last show I adopted). I tend to like shows that are slightly campy, and that seems to be the direction they are going in.

The whole thing with that insurance guy telling off his evil boss and storming out of his job to alternative rock - campy, but funny. I like him. I can't remember his name, but I like him.

I think it has me suckered in for a moment, for no other reason other than I want to find out what all of the mysteries are.

It liooks like the kid is the one that dialed 911....Felicia?

I agree about Scott Wolf's character...doctors that kill their patients instantly make interesting television.

I don't know what could keep this going beyond two season either - perhaps a smoke-filled monster that eats people?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-13-2006 at 08:57 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I don't know what could keep this going beyond two season either - perhaps a smoke-filled monster that eats people?
Polar Bears....and maybe a Mr. Echo appearance....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Polar Bears....and maybe a Mr. Echo appearance....

Now you're talkin!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

I'd freakin watch that show!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Nine kicks ass. It's by far the best new show of the season as far as I can tell.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The Nine kicks ass. It's by far the best new show of the season as far as I can tell.
Eh. I wouldn't say kick ass, but I think it's already been established that Thig's and Murph's movie/tv habits don't exactley mesh.

It's good, but I just don't see how much staying power it could possibly have.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game