Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default BCS rankings

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Texas comes in at 9th...just 4 spots ahead of Arkansas.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

thats a joke. the computer rankings are complete and utter BS. Texas with a 0.000000? I could see that as a they havent beaten anyone argument but neither has ND.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-15-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

things will work themselves out if we win out.

the fact is that the BIG 12 has just been weak. OU lost peterson that is gonna make OU drop and hurts our strength of schedule more. if we beat nebraska/mizzou it will help us as well. i am not that worried. go horns!

michigan still plays osu
wvu plays louisville
nd plays usc, cal plays usc, oregon plays usc
auburn still has alot of SEC games
so does florida
Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, N.D. has beaten Georgia Tech on the road and a 5-2 Purdue team. Plus, the only garbage team they beat was Stanford.

Texas has wins over North Texas, Rice and Sam Houston.

I wouldn't worry about the computers yet. They tend to get better as the sample size increases. And as bad as Texas' SOS is, it'll pick up after playing Nebraska, and A&M.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Say Auburn and Arkansas both win out. A couple of losses (USC to Cal, etc) put Auburn no.2 in the BCS. A 11-1 SEC champion Arkansas plays in the Sugar while an Auburn team that lost to Arkansas and wasn't even SEC-West champs gets to go to a national championship game. Not saying it will happen...but it could.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Say Auburn and Arkansas both win out. A couple of losses (USC to Cal, etc) put Auburn no.2 in the BCS. A 11-1 SEC champion Arkansas plays in the Sugar while an Auburn team that lost to Arkansas and wasn't even SEC-West champs gets to go to a national championship game. Not saying it will happen...but it could.
Im fairly certain that cant happen but i wouldnt worry about it at all. The reason im fairly certain it cant happen is that i believe after FSU went despite losing to miami and both having 1 loss they added a rule that if you have the same number of losses as another team and you beat them you have to be ranked higher than them in the final bcs thing. I could be wrong though I know it was at least discussed.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Cool, thanks.

And I'm fairly certain that if Ark beat ole miss, south carolina, tennessee, miss state, LSU, and then won the SEC-Champ game...their usa/espn ranking will be much higher. Higher than auburn's.

But that's not gonna happen. We'll end up losing to SC and then beating LSU and Tenn. That's about the most painful thing imaginable, so it's sure to happen.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

lol edit. never mind.... my roommate was having some fun on my account last night all over the place apparently....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-16-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Ummm...okay?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Cool, thanks.

And I'm fairly certain that if Ark beat ole miss, south carolina, tennessee, miss state, LSU, and then won the SEC-Champ game...their usa/espn ranking will be much higher. Higher than auburn's.

But that's not gonna happen. We'll end up losing to SC and then beating LSU and Tenn. That's about the most painful thing imaginable, so it's sure to happen.

i suppose if i were an arkansas fan the most painful thing i could imagine would be dropping games to all three of them. especially after a good start (minus the usc game). just like if UT dropped games at nebraska, at tech, and then at home vs a&m...i think i can't imagine anything worse than that.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMan21
i suppose if i were an arkansas fan the most painful thing i could imagine would be dropping games to all three of them. especially after a good start (minus the usc game). just like if UT dropped games at nebraska, at tech, and then at home vs a&m...i think i can't imagine anything worse than that.
Well yeah...losing to all those teams would stink. And actually, we would have to lose two SEC games between now and December for Auburn to overtake us. But still...with our running game, it's possible that if we can get past Tennessee, we'll play in a BCS game. Wow. Never thought I'd say that (I'm more worried about Tennessee than I am a potential showdown with Florida).
Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

The Horns moved up to 5th. We need someone to beat louisville though preferably not rutgers. Aside from that we need the Sec teams to beat up on themselves.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

It won't matter if Ohio State/Michigan don't come down quite a bit with their loss. When I saw it on Sunday I think it said that Michigan and Ohio State both were WELL ahead of Texas so a loss on their part might not knock them far enough down to let Texas leap frog them, especially if Michigan wins, (how can we be better than Ohio State in the BCS when they beat us earlier in the year?). We better hope for an Ohio State win in that big matchup, a Louisville loss, and MAYBE another Florida loss while taking care of business ourselves to have any shot at repeating!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
It won't matter if Ohio State/Michigan don't come down quite a bit with their loss. When I saw it on Sunday I think it said that Michigan and Ohio State both were WELL ahead of Texas so a loss on their part might not knock them far enough down to let Texas leap frog them, especially if Michigan wins, (how can we be better than Ohio State in the BCS when they beat us earlier in the year?). We better hope for an Ohio State win in that big matchup, a Louisville loss, and MAYBE another Florida loss while taking care of business ourselves to have any shot at repeating!
If michigan loses close or not, they have no prayer. If osu loses all bets are off but i dont plan on OSU losing. I think UT is gonna end up having a shot at it though if they just take care of business.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #15
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

That seems kind of lame. Two teams play each other... and then play each other the very next game for the NC?
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote