Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shame on your Wesley Snipes

TAMPA, Florida (AP) -- Movie actor Wesley Snipes, star of "White Men Can't Jump" and the "Blade" films, was indicted Tuesday on eight counts of tax fraud accusing him of trying to cheat the government of $12 million in false refund claims.
Snipes, 44, also failed to file tax returns for six years, according to an indictment unsealed in Tampa, Florida.
An arrest warrant for the actor has been issued, officials said, adding that his whereabouts are unknown.
Federal prosecutors said that Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid. (Watch authorities describe Snipes' tactics -- 1:03 )
The indictment also charged him with failure to file returns between 1999 and 2004. (FindLaw.com: Read the indictment)
According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. As part of the deal, the indictment alleges, the firm, American Rights Litigators, would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients.
Snipes faces a maximum of 16 years in prison.
Snipes, who had a home in Windermere, Florida, has not been arrested because authorities don't know where he is, the IRS said.
In 2002, the Justice Department sued a Florida tax preparer who it said filed bogus tax refund claims, including a $7.3 million demand for Snipes.
Snipes was not named as a defendant in that case, but the lawsuit said the preparer's largest claim was an amended income tax return filed on behalf of the actor and dated April 14, 2001. The return requested a $7,360,755 refund for taxes paid in 1997. The return said that Snipes' adjusted gross income was zero, according to the lawsuit.
It said the preparer, Douglas P. Rosile Sr., told clients that only income from foreign sources was subject to taxation. The resolution of that lawsuit could not be immediately determined.
Snipes is the star of the "Blade" trilogy and as well as films such as Spike Lee's "Jungle Fever" and "Passenger 57."
In 2005, South Africa refused to admit him after officials said he tried to enter the country with a forged passport.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. this sounded stupid (even to me, a tax idiot)
Quote:
The return requested a $7,360,755 refund for taxes paid in 1997. The return said that Snipes' adjusted gross income was zero, according to the lawsuit.
googling Snipes' tax perparer, American Rights Litigators, is pretty amusing. The head guy is a real con artist (he also runs Guiding Light of God Ministries) who is very thinly veiled as a tax protester. And among tax protesters, it sounds like he's pretty much the worst there is.

Snipes is a fool for thinking he could get away with anything by letting these people handle his business
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

No, shame on your Wesley Snipes!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

LOL

sheesh

Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

it makes me sadhappy

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Mr. Snipes just turned himself in and is making all kinds of excuses.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I heard on the radio he already reached a deal so he wouldn't have jail time.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

dammit, i'm sorry guys. I must have left the back gate open. My Wesley Snipes is known for terrorizing the neighborhood when he gets loose. it won't happen again.

does anyone else's Wesley Snipes give them problems like this?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-08-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

damn bbl.....evil evil man.....

Nash- he was saying that on CNN as well and said he was free to go back out of country to finish a movie he is working on, but he sounded rattled and the statements were very rehearsed.