Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telemarketers.

Recently ive been getting a lot of calls from telemarketers/surveyists.

i remember a few years ago there was a website (government?) that you could submit your telephone number in and telemarketers cannot call that phone number.

i was wondering if any of yall have that website? thanks!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall/
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness, why join that list? My most comedic moments come from when the telemarketers call. Have fun with it!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the pleasure of dealing with one of those fellas on the phone. I saw a stand up comedian do it, so I did the same. The call went like this:

"Hello Mr. Silva, how are you today?"
"Could be better, what can I do you for?"
"I have a great offer for you for a rate of xx cents per minute for any call within the US"
"Oh, no thanks, I'm happy with my current service."
"We also have such and such benefits, are you sure you wouldn't want to sign up with us?"
"Nah, I'm fine with my current carrier"
"Do you have stocks with your current long distancecarrier?"
"No......"
"Do you work for your long distance carrier?"
"No........."
"Then why wouldn't you want to switch phone carriers?"
............. (at this point I switched to the I'm-gonna-mess-with-your-head mode)
"Well............ why would I want to switch carriers if I'm gonna kill myself as soon as I hang up the phone?"
"*gasps*..... [stuttering]uhh, sir, why wou... would you do that?"
"Why? I tell you why! Cause everyone's out to get me! Everyone hates me!"
"No sir! I LOVE YOU!"
"You're one of them, that's why you're trying to get me to switch long distance carriers! It's all over!"
"Sir, don't do it!"
*Click*

MCI hasn't called back ever since.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I had the pleasure of dealing with one of those fellas on the phone. I saw a stand up comedian do it, so I did the same. The call went like this:

"Hello Mr. Silva, how are you today?"
"Could be better, what can I do you for?"
"I have a great offer for you for a rate of xx cents per minute for any call within the US"
"Oh, no thanks, I'm happy with my current service."
"We also have such and such benefits, are you sure you wouldn't want to sign up with us?"
"Nah, I'm fine with my current carrier"
"Do you have stocks with your current long distancecarrier?"
"No......"
"Do you work for your long distance carrier?"
"No........."
"Then why wouldn't you want to switch phone carriers?"
............. (at this point I switched to the I'm-gonna-mess-with-your-head mode)
"Well............ why would I want to switch carriers if I'm gonna kill myself as soon as I hang up the phone?"
"*gasps*..... [stuttering]uhh, sir, why wou... would you do that?"
"Why? I tell you why! Cause everyone's out to get me! Everyone hates me!"
"No sir! I LOVE YOU!"
"You're one of them, that's why you're trying to get me to switch long distance carriers! It's all over!"
"Sir, don't do it!"
*Click*

MCI hasn't called back ever since.
Lol that's hilarious

Here's another funny exchange with a telemarketor, Seinfeld style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aQCQy5e6M

The whole vid is funny, but if you just want to see the one part it starts 5 mins 12 seconds into it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unmitigated genius...I've never taken it to that extreme, but I shall certainly consider doing so in the very near future. What great comedy.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah dude..telemarketers should just kill themseleves for sucking at life so bad that all they can do is make phone calls...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote