Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default New Lebron James commercial

The nike commercial with the diving platform...nice.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't like it at all. Seems really dumb to me.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

what are u guys talking about....
Old 10-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
what are u guys talking about....
There's a new Lebron James nike commercial. It's not very good.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that commercial is sweet..you guys are crazy!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I thought it was awesome.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Is it on the web yet? Anyone have a link?
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

It's alrite, it's nothing special imo.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #9
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

I like it, kinda slow buildup, but I got a good laugh out of it.

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah-vit-ski
I like it, kinda slow buildup, but I got a good laugh out of it.
What he said.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of lebron james commercials..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3niQ-w3y0

nice shot of diop in there
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
speaking of lebron james commercials..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3niQ-w3y0

nice shot of diop in there
Haha yeah, I was thinking of posting that too. I went searching for the new one, and found that one as well as a couple other pretty cool ones.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

basketball players shouldn't make commercials... far too often, they suck. MJ gets and obvious pass on this one.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I actually think LBJ does a good job in his. He's a funny, lighthearted guy. He's easy to like.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
I actually think LBJ does a good job in his. He's a funny, lighthearted guy. He's easy to like.
I would agree with that. I really liked the Sprite and Powerade commercials he did. Lebron is a pretty likeable athlete imho.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i like at the end when he smiles when hes swimming in the pool..thats tight..plus the dive....i pray for more and more of these commercials ..remember last year when they had all the sides of lebron at the dinner table..

and wise lebron was talking about how we had a quadruple double ..hahahaha!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I like "The Lebrons". I think it's a nice idea. The latest commercial is really good, imho.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I too like the setup for these commercials. It reminds me of the Klumps in a way. He is very easy to like, much like Jordan was, and he just comes off so well in the ads. That grandpa is pretty funny.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Now the Wade ads??? Uggg.

I have to give myself some DVR buffer so I can fly threw those things, otherwise I start to see red.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

as much as Lebron love beats me down and gives me tired head, I have to admit those commercials are pretty entertaining.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't know why the LeBron love wouldn't be there. He is going to end up either the 2nd best or best basketball player of all time. His strength and skills are absolutely unbelievable. He should be just as hyped as Jordan was when Jordan was in his "wanna be like mike" stage.

If I start a franchise tomorrow, there is not a single person that would be chosen over him, and boy - it ain't even close.

1)LeBron

2)Dirk

3)Kobe
4)others
Old 10-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I start a franchise tomorrow, there is not a single person that would be chosen over him, and boy - it ain't even close.

1)LeBron
Amen to that.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The commercial was dissapointing to me. Seemed like there was too much emphasis placed on the different characters and not enough on the content. Slow build up and dissapointing ending, really.

Nonetheless, he is the best player in the NBA.

By the way, what the heck happened to those awesome commercials depicting NBA players and teams with animal type instincts and capabilities...i.e, Dirk with the eagle-like vision. Now those were good commercials.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:33 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

genius.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #25
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

it is a FANTASTIC commercial, i love it. especially when rico-suave-lebron is pulling his legs to his chest and smiling.....
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #26
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

I love this commercial......and they even show the shoe!
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote