Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-06-2002, 05:29 AM   #1
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

I'm going to San Antonio to see the game today!!! I'm a few rows back of the Mav's bench. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm pretty excited because this will be the second NBA game I've gone to. I've always lived a million miles from Dallas or any other city with a team. And this time, I'm close enough to see facial features. Wee!

Must go prepare myself to be surrounded by Spurs fans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 09:03 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs fans are nice. You shouldn't have any problem if you're not too obnoxious.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sweet! Be loud and have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:11 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy the game! And let us know how it was. I enjoy hearing about experiences just like this. And yell you lungs out for our Mavs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 01:32 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yell loud and proud for our Mavs today!

Very happy for you. Please post about it when you can.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:05 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it was a good experience for you despite the loss. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2002, 02:30 AM   #7
ArcticBlast

Yeah, it was good. In the last few seconds, my heart was beating so hard I had my hand half an inch away from my neck and could feel my pulse. Now *that's* excitement.

Anyway, I was worried about Steve throughout the second half. He got hit just before and I didn't know if it was an injury or the stomach flu still. Luckily, he's just sick and not hurt. Missed him in the game though, that's for sure. The Alamodome is not the prettiest place I've ever been. It's actually kind of nasty, but it served. No bats this time. I got there at about 1:45 with 3-inch heeled sandles on and had to wait until 3:15 before they'd let us in for god only knows why. That ticked me off. After the game, three SA fans were a-holes to me, yelling out loser, commenting on my jersy, telling me not to go home mad, just to go home. But the other fans were friendly, of course. It *is* still Texas.

As for the game. I could officiate an NBA game better by myself than those rat bastards did. No continuation on Dirk's 3-pointer? Then, no SHOT? I was screaming pretty loud there. And serveral other places, but I'm sure you all noticed the calls yourself. I even checked all of the bad calls on the tape just to make sure.

One very good point. They were going nutty when Raef got kicked out of the game. Then he was replaced by Wang. Who immediately hit a 3-pointer. That felt good. Quieted them down, that's for sure.

I love SA, don't get me wrong, was going to move there a while back, but there are always a few irritating ones, and all were seated around me. Though, there were *quite* a few Nash, Finley and Najera jerseys floating around. That was neat. Mark was shaking hands, but I whimped out of going down there. I'm moving to Dallas in the fall so I plan on getting many more opportunities for such things.

Kay, done babbling. In need of much sleep.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:15 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the notes. We did notice the horrible calls. See the gaemday thread to see that. Sorry to hear about the bad apples, but it sounds like other than that you had a great time. Wish I could have been there myself.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Glad you had a good time.

It must have been frustrating to sit there with all the calls favoring the Spurs though. I know it was from my end of watching it on tv.

I get the same crap from Kings and Warrior fans when I go to games with my Mavs (Fin) jersey on.

Like the Warriors have anything to talk about? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Kings fans, like the Spurs, usually have a good crowd and a good group of fans.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:17 AM   #10
ArcticBlast

Hell yes, it was *frustrating*.

And I had two little girls sitting in front of me that gave me dirty looks when a curse word slipped out... which was rather often. After they didn't call continuation on Dirk's 3-pointer, I nearly (accidentally) punched the guy next to me ^.^;;;

And *they* were complaing about calls *constantly* and calling that Raef technical a flagrant and telling them to kick Nellie out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Okay, Nellie kinda deserved to get kicked out, but the call he was complaining about was pretty bad and the fact that the refs didn't T him out proves to me that they knew it was. But still.

Frustrating is a very good word for it. I'm still irritated about it.