Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-06-2002, 03:13 PM   #1
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It's been a wild ride this week, though it wouldn't qualify for the "crappy day" thread.
MONDAY was month-end: hectic, stressful, but fun. And what to my wondering eyes should appear that same day? The AUDITOR!!! He went after my areas first (my first audit). My adrenaline was running so high I was dizzy. He asked me where I was from, and for SOME reason I threw in that our team was doing well. Of course, he HAD to be a Laker fan to his very CORE. The atmosphere really got charged at that point!! Thank God, he has some respect for the Mavs because he decided right then and there that I was brilliant and could do no wrong, and he only playfully hassled me the rest of the day.
MY friend is donating part of his liver.
RACED my aunt home from the office Wed night. the mercedes might be the better car - she creamed me.
DAD has had a rough week, yet his dr says we might check him for signs of remission in the next couple weeks.
WE had a tremor (I've been corrected for calling it an earthquake).
A friend from Texas is in town on business.
IF I didn't know better I'd swear that was Murphy out with my friends and I last night! LOL
Guess we'll see how dad's scan turns out, and then I'll know if I'm coming home.....
Old 04-06-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there smiles!

MY friend is donating part of his liver.
A truly awesome thing to do. The living donor program is much more effective and the success rate is great. Your friend will be sore for a month and need several more months to recover. I admire your friend tremendously. Pass on our best wishes.

DAD has had a rough week, yet his dr says we might check him for signs of remission in the next couple weeks.
He is in our prayers...as are you and your family.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 04:27 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I got my first speeding ticket this week on my way to class [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Gawd I'm just on a roll with the pigs in blue eh? So now I gotta fork over $140 in court processing fees and defensive driving. Oh and someone f*cked up my rear bumper a week or two ago, and of course the ENTIRE thing has to be replaced ($800 including paint/install). Oh and it was an aftermarket part..which is currently out of stock in the US, so my dealer has to order from Germany and they don't know when it'll be coming. Got two critical tests and a quiz on Monday/Tuesday too, but I've of course been procrastinating like crazy. Life's just swell.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 06:51 PM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Youch DJB! Sounds no good. I can't believe how awful it feels to get pulled over. *insert puking smiley here* I wish I could slip in and take those tests for you. Somebody might notice though, and they might call it cheating rather than "helping a friend out" which wouldn't put you on a good track for med school and all. I really hope you get in that mood to study. Does anything in particular motivate you in that direction? (For example: there's a movie that motivates me to study physics.)
Old 04-06-2002, 06:57 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing can get me motivated for physics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

physics...ugh.

I watched Patch Adams and Medicine Man to get me motivated a couple of times.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:25 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Yeah, those are good ones for sure, Doc. They sure get the mindset in order. "The Saint" was my main motivating movie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DJ, you may be just beyond my help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I do wish you well on all you've got going. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2002, 03:40 AM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

Hey Doc, I'm glad to see the living donor success rate is high. That's encouraging. A cool little detail on this: He's donating to a FRIEND OF HIS who's been on the list for a long time, and has never found a donor. It was a total shot in the dark that they'd be compatable. They will go up to UCLA for the procedure.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:18 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

That they are compatible is pretty amazing as the chances are slim. Complete and total props to your friend. What an outstanding thing to do for anyone. I guarantee you they will share a special bond for the rest of their lives. I cannot express how impressed I am that he would do that. I know that UCLA has a solid medical center, but I don't know a lot about it. I am sure they are world class though. Keep us posted. I'll make sure they are in our prayers.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:58 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Thanks Doc. I will tell them. They'll certainly appreciate knowing that people are praying for them. Mike is actually a pastor, and Peter (donor) is a big fan of God.