Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The New Majority Leader? Place Your bets. :o)

A battle is brewing between Murtha and Hoyer and rumors persist of a dark horse. So who will it be? The Dems want to elect on the 16th of November. The betting is open for 48 hours so no late info can be used to win the bet. Bet early.

Place your first ever political vbookie guesses......

We are making history here.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-13-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure Murtha is the right man for the job, but given the attention he has been given by the media I think he becomes the favorite (even though Hoyer was the minority whip). I also seem to remember that Pelosi gave Murtha public accolades for his framing the debate on Iraq. I look for Pelosi to endorse Murtha and then the rest of the Dems will fall into place.... wait a minute when was the last time the Dems ever agreed on anything? Oh well, I'll still go with Murtha the media darling.

Last edited by purplefrog; 11-13-2006 at 01:07 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking hoyer. Although it could be murtha, he's more in line with pelosi's politics.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

John al-Murtha
Steney al-Hoyer
Dark Horse al-Candidate

Why bet on this - even if I win, I lose.

With the appeasers in place, we need an over/under on days before the first shopping mall suicide bombing, Beslan style school massacre, or sleeper cell train attack.

Last edited by capitalcity; 11-13-2006 at 07:45 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

What the hell, I'll take the dark horse for 3/1 odds....
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

We have a WINNA'...Give me my BUCK!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

One dollar paid in full to the only correct answer. Congrats Dude!

We still all lost.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
One dollar paid in full to the only correct answer. Congrats Dude!

We still all lost.
True...murtha' would have been a lot more fun. Kos-kids lose again.