Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default First T-Mac now Yao

poor houston professional sports fans...

I love it.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

HOUSTON -- Yao Ming injured his right knee and left in the first quarter of Houston's game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Yao was leaping for a blocked shot as Chuck Hayes and Tim Thomas hit the floor beneath him. Yao's knee appeared to get caught under Thomas' body and Yao immediately grabbed his knee and screamed in pain.

Trainer Keith Jones left the Rockets' bench to check on Yao and team doctors joined him. Rockets officials brought out a cart, but Yao limped off the floor, with teammate Bonzi Wells helping him.

The Rockets said Yao suffered a bone bruise and would not return to Saturday's game. His status beyond that was uncertain.

Yao was taken to a hospital for tests.

Yao is off to the best start of his career, averaging 27 points and nine rebounds. He had topped 30 points in four consecutive games before scoring 22 in Friday's 97-78 victory at San Antonio.

The Rockets were already playing without six-time All-Star Tracy McGrady, who sat out for the seventh straight game with back spasms.

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2006, 11:32 PM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Alby is back.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Alby is back.
Greetings

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever since the news came down, I haven't been able to get the Yao Ming song out of my head.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Ever since the news came down, I haven't been able to get Yao Ming out of my bed.
homo
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

SportsCenter is reporting 6 weeks now.....

lol silly rockets!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #8
alby
Guru

6 weeks
fractured bone
right knee

owned.

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I must be a bad person....bc this pleases me
Old 12-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #10
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

From the Houston Chronicle:
Yao Ming hit the floor, and the Rockets seemed certain to crash, too. For most of the night, they refused.

Moments after Yao was carried off the court in screaming pain with a leg injury, they opened up a lead. As he was taken to Memorial Hermann for an MRI, they pushed the lead to 11 and held off the Los Angeles Clippers through the second half.

(Yao was diagnosed late Saturday with a non-displaced fracture in his right tibia. He will be out at least six weeks.)

Early in the fourth quarter, they were still tied, until finally, with Yao in the hospital and Tracy McGrady missing his seventh game because of back spasms, the Rockets broke down, too, with the Clippers rolling through the second half to take a 98-93 win Saturday before 18,246 at Toyota Center.

On a night in which the Rockets' season seemed to be rolling on the floor, shouting in pain, the Rockets defense eventually broke down, too.

But just as the Rockets were uncertain while they waited for the results of Yao's knee exam, the game too somehow also remained uncertain.

The Clippers led by 14 with three minutes left and by 13 with less that two minutes remaining. But Luther Head hit a 3-pointer, Rafer Alston slipped in a drive and with 41.9 seconds left, Head made 2 of 3 free throws to cut the lead to 95-89.

The Clippers' Shaun Livingston turned the ball over against the Rockets press with Alston scoring on another drive, reducing the lead to 95-91 with 31.4 seconds remaining.

But Clippers guard Daniel Ewing was fouled and made both free throws to take the lead back to six with 25.1 seconds remaining. After a pair of Alston free throws, Ewing made two more to ice it.

Without Yao, the Rockets took their lead to as much as 11 and were still tied, 71-71, minutes into the fourth quarter after a Head three-point play.

But the Clippers had used their size in 6-foot-8 Livingston, 6-6 Corey Maggette and 6-4 Cuttino Mobley to repeatedly post up the small Rockets backcourt and score consistently inside.

When the Rockets send double-team help, Tim Thomas nailed a 3 with 7:37 left for a five-point lead. When they didn't, Elton Brand scored over Chuck Hayes for an 81-74 Los Angeles lead.

The Clippers pushed the lead to nine a minute later when Livingston was fouled inside and made both free throws.

The Rockets briefly cut the lead to six on a Shane Battier 3-pointer. But the Rockets missed their next six shots as the Clippers scored with increasing ease, with the Rockets no longer able to hold off the breakdown that seemed inevitable much earlier.

The Rockets led, 14-12, when Yao went out not quite halfway into the first quarter.

With McGrady already limited to a pregame workout, the bulk of the Rockets offense seemed in the training room.

Then the Rockets surged.

Battier brought more scoring than he has since the Rockets brought him in. He had matched his season-high of 18 points with a drive to a three-point play with 6:58 left in the half. He surpassed it with a running hook before halftime.

Mutombo, who had struggled dramatically on the road trip, played 18 first half minutes, grabbing eight rebounds and blocking four shots. Alston, Head and John Lucas III combined for 17 points, with Head hitting a 3 in the last minute of the half to give the Rockets their largest lead, 48-37.

The Rockets regained their 11-point edge with the first basket of the second half. But that was things began to crater.

The Rockets stopped making the shots they had on Friday and through much of Saturday's first half. While the Clippers went on a 14-3 run to tie the game, 53-53, the Rockets made 1 of 9 shots. They also no longer could do much to slow the Clippers.

While the Rockets began misfiring, the Clippers were hitting shots because they needed to only take the kinds of shots they could hardly miss.

The Clippers made 12 of 16 shots in the third quarter, taking a 69-67 lead. The Rockets made just 7 of their 21 shots in the quarter.

With that, the Rockets had gone from holding a surprising lead through much of the first half to barely hanging on while waiting for test results from Memorial Hermann.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:00 AM   #12
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

I am a fan of the Texans and Astros, but I really hate the Rockettes, and while I don't like to see people hurt, there are several snobby Rockettes fans I work with that will be keeping their mouths shut now I imagine...
Old 12-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #13
wdboy

wdboy is on a distinguished road

a bunch of classiless SOBS!
wdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Houston, better luck next...year.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You expect it out of Tmac, but losing Yao? Ouch.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's really not a nice thing to do around the holidays...you shouldn't take joy in someone's injury.. even if they play for the Rockets..

Now, if they play for the Spurs, are named 'Bron James, Allen Iverson, 'Melo Anthony, or Bin Laden, then it's ok to be joyed by the injury.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #17
big_pth
Diamond Member

Yao and McGrady are excellent players, but they have shown themselves to be fragile. The Rockets are a dangerous team when healthy, but they can't stay healthy. Sucks for them, but welcome to the NBA (I remember when Jimmy Jackson's chance at greatness ended with that ankle...it happens)...
Old 12-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Would you rather have German engineering or Made in China?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:15 AM   #19
big_pth
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Bwahahaha! time for some more reputation for you Doc...As soon as it will let me...

Last edited by big_pth; 12-24-2006 at 12:16 AM.
big_pth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #20
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

damn, I just traded to get him on one of my fantasy teams too...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:23 AM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yao fractures bone under knee, out 6 weeks

December 23, 2006

HOUSTON (AP) -- Yao Ming will miss at least six weeks after fracturing the bone under his right knee in Houston's game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Yao was leaping for a blocked shot as Chuck Hayes and Tim Thomas hit the floor beneath him. Yao's knee appeared to get caught under Thomas' body and Yao immediately grabbed his knee and screamed in pain.

Yao was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, where an MRI test revealed a fracture of Yao's right tibial plateau, trainer Keith Jones said.

The Rockets initially said Yao had only suffered a bone bruise. Now, Jones said he hopes the injury will not require surgery.

"It's a non-displaced fracture, so nothing is way out of the way or out of whack," Jones said. "We think he'll do well with just rest. An option would be to do something more, but we're hoping that won't need to be done."

Without Yao, the Rockets lost to the Clippers 98-93.

The injury ruins the best start of Yao's career. He was averaging 27 points and nine rebounds -- both career bests -- and had topped 30 points in four consecutive games before scoring 22 in Friday's 97-78 victory at San Antonio.

The Rockets were already playing without six-time All-Star Tracy McGrady, who sat out for the seventh straight game with back spasms.

The 7-foot-6, 310-pound Yao now faces rehabilitation for the third time in a year. Last December, he underwent surgery for a toe infection and missed 21 games. Last April, he broke his left foot in Utah and missed the final four games of the season.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:25 AM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I love how in the begining of the season we said that the Rockets would only be contenders if they could stay healthy, but we didn't think they would yet all the Rockets fans were saying their was no reason to think that and that they would be healthy. Now both Yao and Tmac are done with Snyder hurt as well....poor Rockettes.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #23
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

This is really unfortunate for the Rockets. As much as I dislike the team, you can't help but respect a player like Yao. And for him to be injured like that, especially after carrying his team almost single-handedly throughout this season..

Last edited by djb; 12-24-2006 at 12:32 AM.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. These things happen and you keep fighting. I hope Yao recovers well but I wish the Rockets nothing but failure....mainly because of their craptacular fan base.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-24-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #25
big_pth
Diamond Member

Quote:
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. These things happen and you keep fighting. I hope Yao recovers well but I wish the Rockets nothing but failure....mainly because of their craptacular fan base.
Also, please do not forget their craptacular players, past and present. Yes, I am talking to YOU Bob Sura and Jon Berry and T-mac (despite his boatloads of talent and gimpy back, Tmac is really a prick sometimes on the court).
Old 12-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ze germans!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:24 AM   #27
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to see this injury for Yao. He has been having a fantastic year.

Last edited by kg_veteran; 12-24-2006 at 01:25 AM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh?

Come again?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:59 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Got shit in your ears chum?

We have had injuries that our team had to play past. Not necesarily exactly like Yao's but all teams face injuries. It is a part of sports. Get over yourself.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:11 AM   #30
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Damn, this really sucks for us. Yao was playing like one of the top 5 players in the game. I'm happy it's not ligament damage though, and at least this is a good year to be in the lottery if we fail to make the playoffs (looks likely unless T-Mac returns SOON and plays like his old self). If we do go lotto at least we can draft a potential stud to pair with Yao for the future, since he is still fairly young.

And for those cheering the injury...remember karma is a bitch....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:17 AM   #31
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Delete....

Last edited by kingmalaki; 12-24-2006 at 03:17 AM.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:18 AM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have had injuries that our team had to play past. Not necesarily exactly like Yao's but all teams face injuries. It is a part of sports. Get over yourself.
You said we have had to deal with it ourselves in years past. What injuries were you referring to?

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-24-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 AM   #33
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

great..now bonzi wells can put up 30 ppg and get that fat contract next year. It worked out perfectly for him.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:48 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You said we have had to deal with it ourselves in years past. What injuries were you referring to?
Do you not remember Dirk having to miss a couple of playoff games? Ever recall JHo going down? You don't recall rolled ankles and other injuries? I guess since it wasn't Nash you wouldn't have noticed even though the face of our franchise was involved. If you want to be a literal prick fine...we all can see that, but don't make yourself appear ignorant as well. Well...more ignorant.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-24-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:49 AM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's funny that people can be so right on with injury predictions. Everyone was saying that out of all the elite teams, the Rockets weren't "real" because Yao and Tmac would probably get injured. Amazing that those predictions can actually hold some value.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:50 AM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
that sounds messy.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:58 AM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

chum- Jho, Devin Harris, and Stackhouse went down for long stints last year. Sometimes even at the same time as their backups (Quis). The amount of total missed games by our players was pretty large.

None of those players were at the caliber of Yao and Tmac of course, but we don't have a 2nd fiddle as good as Tmac in the first place, so a ton of injuries to our important roleplayers will have to do.

Sometimes being a devils advocate can help spark interesting conversation, and sometimes it can just make you sound like an ass.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:01 AM   #38
Drbio
Banned

With chum it is almost exclusively the latter anymore.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:18 AM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

Still waiting to hear of the Yao-esque injuries we have so valiantly suffered through the last few years.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:27 AM   #40
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I remember when Dirk got hurt during the playoffs against the Spurs a few years ago. I am trying to remember if he ever came back to play in the series or not.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote