Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-10-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy moses she is sooooooo hot. I just saw her on Leno and she has the cutest smile. She seems well grounded too which is very sexy (not that those legs hurt mind you). She's not full of herself and damn that smile is mesmerizing.....absolutely a beautiful young woman...*sigh*
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

She bugs me. She is one of those actresses that get a lot of pub for having done nothing. She has never carried or opened a movie. Regardless of her awards, she has done nothing.

Below is my list of overrated actresses who are given top-billing in films for the mistaken belief that people care about them. Whenever I see that they are in a movie, I turn and run.
Mira Sorvino
Sharon Stone
Annette Benning
Melanie Griffith
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Mira Sorvino was very nice in Norma Jean and Marilyn. I think the even won an award for that movie. She has a few skin shots in that movie if you're interested. On a similiar note, I have a thing for Ashley Judd.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 11:29 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

As do I man, as do I. Although she makes some questionable choices at times. She was in A Time To Kill, which was pretty good. They always tried to make her look sweaty in that movie. I swear she looked like she was dipped in butter in every shot.

Questionable Choice-Exhibit A
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:48 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

annette benning is a wonderful actress
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Other than Warren Beatty, what has she ever done?

Really, she is a fine actress. But the media treats her like this mega-star, which she absolutely is not.

Old 04-11-2002, 04:40 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What Planet Are You From?
American Beauty
In Dreams
The Siege
Mars Attacks!
American President
Richard III
Love Affair
Guilty by Suspicion
Regarding Henry
Bugsy
Valmont
Postcards from the Edge
The Grifters
The Great Outdoors

She was nominated for an Academy Award for:
American Beauty
and
The Grifters

She was nominated for a Golden Globe in:
American President

she has been solid to great in many good to very good to great movies.
Yes, she's no different than any other actor/actress, she has been in some movies she'd probably like to forget.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Sigh. Murph, we agree on so much, yet dispute so much. How does that happen?

Talent? Yes. She may be even not be overrated. But, like I said, she is treated like some kind of megastar. For example, in The Seige (a utterly mediocre film in which she over-emoted in every scene), she gets equal billing with Denzel and Bruce Willis. Now, prior to American Beauty, what actual good movie was she in and in which, she gave a memorable performance? I can think of one-The American President, and I loathe The American President. Performances were decent but the film overall insulted my inteligence.

Seriously, before you looked it up on the IMDB (which I did too, BTW), did you know she was in The Great Outdoors? Look at the list, all of those films underperformed at the boxoffice except American Beauty, American President and Regarding Henry. Well, maybe not The Great Outdoors, but you didn't cite to it in the SNL thread, either.

In my best Greg Williams voice=what has she ever done? She is not a bankable star. She is a very beautiful woman. And she can act. But other than sitting next to Warren Beatty in an interview with Barbara Walters, she has made one Great movie.

She is not a bankable star. No one saw these films because she was in them and, in fact, no one saw them period: What Planet Are You From?, In Dreams, Mars Attacks!, Richard III, Love Affair, Guilty by Suspicion,
Bugsy, Valmont, Postcards from the Edge, The Grifters.

Now, I admit I saw a lot of these movies, but hell, I see damn near every movie. The point is, nobody else did.

Old 04-11-2002, 06:19 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

your deciding whether or not she's a good actress based upon how many people have seen the movie?

interesting theory

and i thought American President was a very good movie
Old 04-11-2002, 06:27 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Not at all. Let me put my opinion in Ticket jargon for you: The Bang to hype ratio is all out of whack with her.

Old 04-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

actually, this is the first time i've heard anyone complain about her.. i've never even heard of her being remotely highly rated...
Old 04-11-2002, 07:32 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone more irritating than Mira Sorvino? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Other than Mariah Carey?
Old 04-11-2002, 10:16 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Sorvino is hot. Who the hell cares if she acts or wins awards....she's eye candy.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:47 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

And that's men for ya...thinking with their ***** instead of their brains.

Well, their brains are in their laps, so what did I expect? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2002, 10:49 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

it's reprehensible, isn't it MFF?
Old 04-11-2002, 10:58 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

What? Who said anything about that? I mean I'd do ...nevermind.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:12 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

It's a disgrace to men kind for sure.

However its what's in your laps that we women like, so go figure...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2002, 11:13 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Whoa. The girl union is going to be calling you for letting that little secret out of the bag...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2002, 11:22 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I know Doc...some women are quicker than others.

Some women have figured out that if you want it done right, you do it yourself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2002, 11:24 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

I'm not even coming close to touching that one...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2002, 11:24 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

i'll let you two discuss whatever you decide in this thread ...(quietly exits from the thread)
Old 04-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #22
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Haha, both of you are cowards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks, I like interaction with the opposite sex for my pleasure though. However, every strong woman knows how to get it done herself too.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:31 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

(holding hands over ears and eyes)

la la la la la la......

Old 04-11-2002, 11:37 PM   #24
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Poor Doc, his thread goes from Mira Sorvino to self pleasure.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:38 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

hahaha

Old 04-12-2002, 09:36 AM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap... did i just read all this? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2002, 10:53 AM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Haha, sorry about this...well, I am a little.

Hope it didn't offend anyone.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:06 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

definitely no offense taken... you are now my favorite moderator (sorry rob and dj...) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2002, 12:22 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< definitely no offense taken... you are now my favorite moderator (sorry rob and dj...) >>

LOL, well then, you hear that everyone? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now, if you'll excuse me while I do a little dance.

Old 04-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

BBL- LOL!!!!! Mine too!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #31
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Melanie Griffith is BUTT UGLY. I have NO clue what all the fuss is about. OMG- she should cut off her face and start over
Old 04-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #32
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Mira....my God what a woman....
Old 04-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

You listening Doc?

Your little piece of eye candy (Mira Sorvino, in case you've switched flavors) is going to be on the Conan O'Brian Show Tuesday the 16h and on the Rosie O'Donnell show as well.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

I fire up the VCR right now...she's gorgeous

Thanks MFF.

Miiiiirrrraaaaa (in my Homer Simpson voice)