Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Question GS - IND trade per ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2733891
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Interesting deal, GS will defintely be running now
Old 01-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

I'm a little disappointed Nellie didn't acquire Quis... Well but he now could have more chance in Indy. Glad Quis DA and RM who I like more than JP are still together.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I like this trade a lot for the Warriors if they can get Stephen Jackson to behave himself. Warriors fans were wanting Dunleavy gone and got their wish. I think that they could have gotten more for Diogu than Harrington, but still a nice deal for them.

Any chance Powell gets waived and we pick him back up?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Warriors got better, but its still an awful trade for them talentwise.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

I think Golden State wont have enough shots now to keep everyone happy.

Davis, J-Rich, Jackson, Harrington, Pietrus, Ellis, Barnes, Biedrins....

A lot of talent there, but still only one ball, and they are still heavily lacking defense and knowing Jackson, i'll be surpised if he doesnt get shot within 2 years of playing in Oakland.....sad, but quite true.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I think the Warriors got better, but its still an awful trade for them talentwise.
You know what? I thought the exact same thing. There will be some interesting dynamics on this new team. Should be fun? to watch.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

and why in the name of all that is good and holy would Nelson want Marquis? Is Nelson just that immature and self-conscious that he would trade for a 6million a year guy just to have a whipping boy? Why not trade the frenchie for Raef LaFrentz or sign Bradley?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default Just the beginning

I think this is just the beginning for Nellie. He now has some ammo to wheel and deal.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude

A lot of talent there, but still only one ball, and they are still heavily lacking defense and knowing Jackson, i'll be surpised if he doesnt get shot within 2 years of playing in Oakland.....sad, but quite true.
weird that Nellie would acquire more guys who want to shoot and not play defense. that's not his style at all.

my money's on jackson shooting someone else, rather than being shot.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #11
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude

I agree 100%..where do the shots come from? You know Ellis and Davis are going to take at least 13-15 shots each. J-Rich, Harrington, Jackson are going to take another 40 shots easily. Assuming 80 attempts/game that leaves 10 shots for Pietrus, Barnes, and Biedrins.

Those last 3 guys are not going to be happy, especially if they're working their butts off on defense and rebounding

They need to trade at least 2, if not 3 of those swingmen and get a salary dump in return, or the team will blow up.

Nellie has really lost it -- this is reminiscent of the 2003-2004 season with the mavs. We had nash, dirk, fin, toine, tawn, josh howard and marquis daniels on the same team..that was one of dirk's worst years.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

They will have to shoot faster.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You know what? I thought the exact same thing. There will be some interesting dynamics on this new team. Should be fun? to watch.
Really? Would it be so hard for you to admit that you don't have a single original thought of your own?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #14
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Really? Would it be so hard for you to admit that you don't have a single original thought of your own?
Harsh..!

Indy clearly isn't done dealing... unless

a.) Bird is an even bigger idiot than I thought
b.) Quis is suddenly not only a starting caliber two-guard, but also one capable of playing 35+ quality minutes (there isn't another SG on the roster!)
c.) both of the above, and this team is still a train wreck.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Murphy is a double-double guy every night out. I think he will be a lot like Brad Miller was for Jermaine O'Neal. A guy that can hit the eighteen foot jumper consistently and occasionally drive to the basket.

Ike a guy the Warriors really like pre-nellie should be a perfect fit in Indianapolis. Foster and O'Neal can cover up his defensive deficiencies.

Al Harrington wasn't the guy Indy bargained for. However, he might be a perfect fit for Nellie's uptempo style. Stephen Jackson is an excellent shooter, but supposedly was a distraction for Indy since the nightclub incident.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
And I hear I thought you said they had cured your dipshitcan'tstophangingoffNashsnutsack disease.

I guess not.

chum craps up the forum again.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-21-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I watched about 3 quarters of the Warriors-Cavs game and they looked solid. Jackson and Harrington looked like good fits, but they were looking to shoot every time they got the ball. I don't know if it was just because they were looking to impress in their debut or what, but they certainly were shooting a lot. The announcers liked the fact that they injected so much passion into the team, both were continually trying to pump up the crowd and the rest of the team. I don't watch the Warriors that often, but they were looking good. It will be interesting to see the shot distribution once BD and Jrich come back. BD comes back tomorrow from a one game suspension and Jrich is back in a couple weeks from a broken hand.

I think this team is solid. I think they have what it takes to be the 8th seed.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #18
Amir

Amir is on a distinguished road

An interesting trade this was.

I think both teams will improve towards the end of the season.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #19
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfan
I think this is just the beginning for Nellie. He now has some ammo to wheel and deal.
I agree. He may not be done. I think there might possibly be some pieces in place now for another trade.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 AM   #20
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir
An interesting trade this was.
thank you Yoda
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote