Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default Spurs streak ended by lowly Milwaukee Bucks

This thread is aimed entirely for Spurs trolls (paging MartinGT) who only comes to this board to make fun of the Mavs and bring nothing but disrespect. Yeah, you know who you are!

Wow. Atleast the Mavs streak was ended by a possible playoff contender, and our home streak was ended by a team with the 2nd best record in the NBA. But this? Pathetic. No offense to my friend BSR.

Quote:
Milwaukee 101, San Antonio 90

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
March 15, 2007

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Michael Redd scored 29 points to help the Milwaukee Bucks beat San Antonio 101-90 on Thursday night, ending the Spurs' 13-game winning streak and giving the team a much-needed boost in the NBA coaching debut of Larry Krystkowiak.

Krystkowiak, who agreed to a multiyear deal to take over the Bucks hours after they fired coach Terry Stotts on Wednesday, was thrown in immediately to face the NBA's hottest team.

San Antonio's winning streak was tied for the third-longest in franchise history. And the Spurs, who have the league's best scoring defense, had been holding opponents to just over 42 percent from the field during their winning streak.

However, Milwaukee shot 53.4 percent and got a big lift from an unlikely contributor: Lynn Greer, who scored all of his career-high 14 points in the fourth quarter.

Greer, a rookie who has been inactive for most of the season, hit a 3-pointer to put the Bucks ahead 92-85 with 4:25 remaining in the game, then hit another 3 to extend the lead to 95-86 with 2:41 remaining.

Brent Barry scored 20 points to lead San Antonio.

Greer's contributions made up for the absence of starting guard Mo Williams, who was called for two technical fouls and ejected in the third quarter.

The Bucks built what had been their biggest lead of the game, 54-43, on a basket by Bogut 20 seconds into the third quarter.

But the Spurs put together a 9-0 run that included a four-point play by Bruce Bowen after Williams was called for his fourth foul of the game on a 3-point attempt.

Williams then scored on a layup on the other end, but immediately was called for his fifth foul on the Spurs' next possession. Williams complained about the call and immediately was called for a pair of technical fouls and ejected from the game.

Williams became enraged and had to be restrained as he left the court, taking his jersey off an throwing it into the stands. Barry hit a pair of technicals, then hit a 27-foot 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 57-56 lead with 7:51 left in the third quarter.

It was the second player outburst in as many games for Milwaukee. Center Andrew Bogut was fined $25,000 for making an obscene gesture as he left the court after a home loss to Toronto on Monday night -- an incident that may have proved to be the last straw for Stotts.

But Milwaukee rallied back without Williams, and went into the fourth quarter with a 69-64 lead.

Tim Duncan scored 13 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for his 36th double-double of the season, but was only 3-for-8 from the free-throw line in the fourth quarter.

Tony Parker scored 15.

Andrew Bogut had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Bucks, who had lost two straight and four of their last five coming in.

Krystkowiak, a former Bucks player who joined Stotts' staff as an assitant this season after a successful two-year stint at the University of Montana, , said that he obviously won't be able to remake the team in their 18 remaining games, but does hope to help them improve and gain momentum going into the offseason.

He said his most pressing order of business is improving a defense that ranks near the bottom of the league in defensive rebounding and opponents' field goal percentage.

Krystkowiak says the team's defensive shortcomings this season have more to do with a lack of effort and emphasis rather than a lack of talent, and vowed to bench players who don't play defense.

I guess all that boasting about the Spurs streak jinxed it huh? Serves you right!

LOL

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think we're in much of a position to bag on anyone right now.

I'll just say good job Krystkowiak(who?), on clearly out coaching Pop
Old 03-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, at least they will be back saying it's just the regular season.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

any given day.......I think the spurs made their streak feasting on mostly crap-teams...It will be interesting to see if they still have their semi-dominating playoff magic this yr.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I for one have always felt the Spurs were kinda a sham dynasty. Not taking away their championships, but I feel like they have been able to take advantage of off years to get them. More power to them, but come on the first one after Jordan retires on a strike year. The second one after the Lakers start to tank, and the last one when the Pistons didn't finish out. They have been champs but I hate the way the media label them a Dynasty.
Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Their titles were too far apart to be a dynasty. Only Duncan contributed to all three.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I've never once heard anyone call the Spurs a dynasty. I look at them as a great franchise but not really a dynasty. They're the Patriots of the NBA for me. Nothing wow's you about them other than Duncan(Brady) but they've constructed a championship contending team every year.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Patriots are a dynasty.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Hey, at least they will be back saying it's just the regular season.
Well, it is....

You guys have your G.S. problems, the Spurs have their Milwaukee problems. It doesn't make sense, it's just the way it is.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

You know, the Mavs have won only 2 of the last 17 in Milwaukee. If I remember right, we darn near lost the last one.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I for one have always felt the Spurs were kinda a sham dynasty. Not taking away their championships, but I feel like they have been able to take advantage of off years to get them. More power to them, but come on the first one after Jordan retires on a strike year. The second one after the Lakers start to tank, and the last one when the Pistons didn't finish out. They have been champs but I hate the way the media label them a Dynasty.
Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Any championship by any team can be nitpicked and criticized by fans of the teams who didn't win them. Hell, even the almighty Bulls of MJ never won squat until the Celtics got old. If the no-MJ arguement applies in 1999 against the Spurs, why doesn't it count against the lakers in 2000? If the lakers-tanking arguement is used against the Spurs in 2003, shouldn't it also count against the Pistons in 2004? How many years after Bill Russell retired were fans still trying to tarnish other teams championships with a "yeah, but...."?

If the Mavs are fortunate enough to win it all this year what arguements would fans from other teams use against your team? Did the Mavs win just because Wade was hurt? Or just because the Spurs got old? Or because TMac and/or Yao weren't healthy? Or because Ben Wallace left the Pistons? Or just because the refs liked you better? Rest assured, those jealous of your success would come up with something. And all those arguements would be just as worthless as every other arguement made against someone else's championship. Did you beat everyone put in front of you? That's all you can do, and that's all that matters.

As for the Spurs and dynasty talk? I don't think they're a dynasty. If they win it all this year to go 3 out of the last 5 then maybe you've got to start thinking about it, but as of right now they're just a perennial championship contender who's been fortunate enough to break through 3 times to win it all. I'm okay with that, because when you've got to start going to the Bulls, Lakers & Celtics to find someone who's done better, that must mean what you've done is pretty damn impressive.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Where's MartinGT?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Where's MartinGT?
Waiting for another Spurs streak to start so that he can rub it onto our faces.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 03-16-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #14
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I hate to admit it--

But I was afraid we were going to lose last night.

The Bucks have our number.

Throw away the records when we play them. They could go 2-80 for a season with their two wins being against the Spurs. If the Spurs ever faced them in a playoff series--yeesh!!!!
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs are still crazy dangerous.

I hate the western conference
Old 03-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I agree with you, Flaco.

Itv really isn't fair the way these leagues are organized.

If Dallas and the Spurs were in opposing conferences, they could be in the NBA Finals themselves for years to come. Same with the Rockets.

Instead, we see weak teams in the East getting into the playoffs with really only one one or possibly 2 overall dominate teams.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sweet
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs are a dynasty like Isiah's Pistons were a dynasty. Which is to say, not really a dynasty at all. Just a really good organization.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

suckers
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 AM   #20
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

The only steak that means a thing is the last one. If any team is going to have a slump, now is the time. At this stage of the season we can afford to lose some games. Why not give the starters more rest, and rehab, and stop concerning ourselves with streaks and stats. We need to get some of these second string players into game shape. We're gong to need them. I wish Dirk could get more rest during the early minutes of 4th periods. He gets over played, IMHO, and is just plain tired at the end of the contest. Nellie played the guys way too much. The Mavs under Nelson had the stuff of greatness, but when you are pooped you can't shoot. If Dirk had some gas in the tank against the Suns I doubt he would have missed that free throw. You could see how tired he was at the end of the 4th period. The General could use some of Riley's wisdom. Keep the players as fresh as possible so they can execute at the end of the game, when it counts.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #22
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
The Spurs are a dynasty like Isiah's Pistons were a dynasty. Which is to say, not really a dynasty at all. Just a really good organization.

Never really thought about it this way, but this is a really stellar point.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote