Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
HeyLeroy

HeyLeroy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Cuban, meet your bedfellows:

Dear Mr. Cuban:

Recently on Dylan Avery's Loose Change forum a death/mayhem threat was made against another individual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackchit @ LCF
This is the most difficult post I have ever written, Today I had a knock at the door from social services, 2 nice ladies told me that they were acting on an anonymous (cowardly) tip off that my children were in danger, they were not too specific but told me they had to act on all tips so could they come meet my kids.

I told them they were more than welcome and after a brief conversation they met with Emmy (9) and Daniel (14).
To cut a long story short they left with the knowledge that we are a happy family with no reason for concern as my kids are happy, well looked after and very healthy.
Now for the reason for my post….. I know that this campaign [URL="http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=77281[/URL]
The posters at j-ref were trying to get me investigated for the way I’m bringing up my children.

Posting on forums is one thing but when you try to break up my family then it crosses the line so here is what I intend to do, I am visiting NYC in the next few months and will be actively seeking out gravy who seems to be the spiritual leader of these loons.

Mark…. I know you read this forum so bear this in mind, one day whilst you are showing people around the city you will see lots of pairs of eyes but one day you will look into a pair of eyes that will be mine and you know instantly that you will never forget my eyes because they will be the last thing you see.

I know you don’t have children because lets face it who would reproduce with such a cretin, so you cannot even comprehend my resolve.
You **** with my family….game over, so be vigilant.

BTW if any of the j-ref from the uk are man enough to face the person they accuse then e-mail me [EMAIL="admin@beckhamcoverup.com"]admin@beckhamcoverup.com[/EMAIL] and we can dance.

So j-ref’rs are you mice or men, oh and gravy……see you real soon..
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=6799

Note the second post by Mr. Avery; he's counselling the person who issued that threat where his intended victim can be found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Avery @ LCF
He's at Ground Zero, every Saturday.
I hope you reconsider your association with these people.

Last edited by HeyLeroy; 04-03-2007 at 02:52 PM.
HeyLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

get the hell out of here
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

What's your point again? Oh right... we should all be shocked and disappointed that the billionaire owner of our sports team is trying to make a buck.

I killed 6 people after watching Akeelah & the Bee. Voices of Iraq was pretty appalling too. Oh and that Fallen Patriot Fund - well I know exactly where Cubes should shove that garbage charity.

This doesn't teach me anything I don't know - Most of the 9/11 "truther" wackjobs are dangerous. Play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon long enough and you can probably associate every American with one of these leftists... does that mean we're bedfellows and conspirators too?

There are people who make their living aborting babies. I'm thankful Mark is gonna profit off some stupid-ass myspace cult - it'll make the government's job of tracking and monitoring these "truthers" much easier when they can just count 'em as they enter the theater.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Artifact

Artifact is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget it, HeyLeroy, you can't ask these people to think beyond sports. I would email Cuban directly.
Artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifact
Forget it, HeyLeroy, you can't ask these people to think beyond sports. I would email Cuban directly.
It's probably out of the question to ask you people to post your drivel in one of the 3 other Cuban threads
Old 04-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Is this guy threatening Mark Cubans life or Some Gravy guy's life? What the hell is wrong with these idiots? It's only a movie.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Artifact

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
It's probably out of the question to ask you people to post your drivel in one of the 3 other Cuban threads
Or out of the question for you to keep your drivel out of a thread started by someone else? I know you likely do not know the importance of the issues at hand, but why stifle a voice because you don't agree? Move on to other threads. It's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. "Ouch, that hurts! Why do I keep doing it?" If you don't like the subject matter of the thread, stay out. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Or out of the question for you to keep your drivel out of a thread started by someone else? I know you likely do not know the importance of the issues at hand, but why stifle a voice because you don't agree? Move on to other threads.
Go right ahead the floor is all yours.

Oh... insult my intelligence again and I'll cut you.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Artifact

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Is this guy threatening Mark Cubans life or Some Gravy guy's life? What the hell is wrong with these idiots? It's only a movie.

For the record, a member on a message board operated by Dylan Avery, producer of the video Loose Change, Second Edition, which Cuban is considering marketing, made what could very easily be perceived as a death-threat to a member of a rival message board. Sounds pretty juvenile, I know. But it was a death-threat none-the-less.

Avery, who's movie Cuban plans to produce, in the very first reply to the thread, seemingly encouraged the OP's death-threat by giving the location of the possible victim.

Some people may think internet death-threats are innocuous and funny, but it is no different than a face-to-face or telephone death-threat; the spirit of the threat is the same in all three instances.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Artifact

Quote:
Go right ahead the floor is all yours.

Oh... insult my intelligence again and I'll cut you.

No need, you insult your own intelligence, this neanderthal post being prima facie evidence.

**emphasis added
Old 04-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's really not that hard to figure out.
Kinda like the search feature.

I know your (& LeRoy jenkins') viewpoint is so important it deserves it's own thread, but I just figure some of the cats who've been around since before April 2007 appreciate a forum clear of 3 threads on the same fucking subject.

Bulletin Board Etiquette 501.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #12
Artifact

Quote:
Kinda like the search feature.

I know your (& LeRoy jenkins') viewpoint is so important it deserves it's own thread, but I just figure some of the cats who've been around since before April 2007 appreciate a forum clear of 3 threads on the same fucking subject.

Bulletin Board Etiquette 501.

How could there be three threads on the same subject? This development started mere hours ago. This is quite a wholly different subject. A death-threat, and alerting Cuban to the fact that one of his potential clientèle condoned such threat, deserves its own thread.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How could there be three threads on the same subject? This development started mere hours ago. This is quite a wholly different subject. A death-threat, and alerting Cuban to the fact that one of his potential clientèle condoned such threat, deserves its own thread.
There are three threads about Loose Change. (Which btw is actually very boring). You could have posted this info in one of those threads.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #14
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is not Nam. This is DM.com. There are rules.

I'm sincerely thankful you've brought this development to our attention - it could've been done in the customary bulletin board fashion; by posting in the thread labeled "Cuban to produce Anti-American film" found on the very hard to locate front fucking page of this forum. It's kinda a hot topic, so why not lump your new development in with the rest of the 48 other comments and build on the larger discussion? Cause this necessitates a new topic?... I disagree.

Show a little respect. Or I'll cut you.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
Artifact

Quote:
This is not Nam. This is DM.com. There are rules.

I'm sincerely thankful you've brought this development to our attention - it could've been done in the customary bulletin board fashion; by posting in the thread labeled "Cuban to produce Anti-American film" found on the very hard to locate front fucking page of this forum. It's kinda a hot topic, so why not lump your new development in with the rest of the 48 other comments and build on the larger discussion? Cause this necessitates a new topic?... I disagree.

This isn't about the movie. All of the other threads are. Even if it were about the movie, I don't think it'd be very judicious to bury it at the end of another thread that is not labeled appropriately. Again, this is its own subject, not about the movie. Must all subjects about Cuban be confined to one thread? This thread is not about Cuban producing Loose Change, it is a bulletin for him regarding improprieties of his potential clientèle.

Again, I assume no one is coercing you into clicking on this thread.

And again, I am not the thread starter.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #16
Artifact

Quote:

I don't know what you mean by "cut", but it has likely one of two meanings:

1) You mean to cut me with a knife, in which case I'll will start reporting your Neanderthal-ism accordingly.

2) You mean to cut my posting privileges.

I don't think it is 2, because that would mean you are an administrator. I don't think this is the case, because I don't believe an organization with such a high profile as The Dallas Mavericks would let you represent them in any capacity. Also, you have no standing to cut my posting privileges as I've been nothing but civil. You were the first to use the term "drivel" and I only responded in kind. Also, unlike you, I have had no need or desire to use profane language.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #17
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or out of the question for you to keep your drivel out of a thread started by someone else? I know you likely do not know the importance of the issues at hand, but why stifle a voice because you don't agree? Move on to other threads. It's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. "Ouch, that hurts! Why do I keep doing it?" If you don't like the subject matter of the thread, stay out. It's really not that hard to figure out.
am I the only one who sees just a little irony in this statement?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #18
Artifact

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
am I the only one who sees just a little irony in this statement?
Probably. We are talking about a death threat, you know? And capitalcity used the term "drivel" first while suggesting this thread be quashed. I was merely responding in kind. As a film-maker, it is important to always communicate on the level of your audience.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
rmacomic
Platinum Member

I don't get theses anti-loose change guys. By bringing it up they are giving power to the very thing they are opposed to. I would have never heard of or watched that "wannabe Fahrenheit" if it weren't for the "screw loose change" guys bringing it to my attention. Way to go.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
This thread is not about Cuban producing Loose Change, it is a bulletin for him regarding improprieties of his potential clientèle.
Okay. And Sike's not gay, he just has sex with other men.

For future notice... bulletins for Cuban reach him best when emailed directly to mark.cuban@dallasmavericks.com.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #21
Artifact

Quote:
I don't get theses anti-loose change guys. By bringing it up they are giving power to the very thing they are opposed to. I would have never heard of or watched that "wannabe Fahrenheit" if it weren't for the "screw loose change" guys bringing it to my attention. Way to go.

You should read and watch such things. I assume you are an intelligent enough individual that you can determine your own appropriate conclusions. Hiding it from society solves nothing.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #22
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably. We are talking about a death threat, you know? And capitalcity used the term "drivel" first while suggesting this thread be quashed. I was merely responding in kind. As a film-maker, it is important to always communicate on the level of your audience.
actually I was thinking more big picture -- "Why stifle a voice because you disagree" -- Cuban begins his defense of distributing Loose Change with that exact sentiment.

cheers
Old 04-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
You should read and watch such things. I assume you are an intelligent enough individual that you can determine your own appropriate conclusions. Hiding it from society solves nothing.
again, this is exactly Cuban's position. I'm so confused.

Wait a sec....

Mark, is that you? Are you trying to trick us into watching the movie???? clever, clever....
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #24
Artifact

Quote:
Okay. And Sike's not gay, he just has sex with other men.

For future notice... bulletins for Cuban reach him best when emailed directly to mark.cuban@dallasmavericks.com.
I agree. As you'll notice, I did not start this thread and even suggested to the OP in my first reply that he contact Cuban directly. As it is, the thread is in the appropriate forum, has its own subject matter and is within rules. It's no different than the twenty Democrat threads in the Political forums.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-05-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #25
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:

Wait a sec....

Mark, is that you? Are you trying to trick us into watching the movie???? clever, clever....
Damnit. Mark will you just hurry up and buy the Cubbies. We need someone to get us to the World Series.

Last edited by rmacomic; 04-03-2007 at 06:02 PM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #26
Artifact

Quote:
actually I was thinking more big picture -- "Why stifle a voice because you disagree" -- Cuban begins his defense of distributing Loose Change with that exact sentiment.

cheers

I apologize. Your meaning was unclear. I agree with you. Again, I did not start the movement to inform Cuban. However, I do think he should be informed. Then he can make a more informed decision regarding the production of the movie. But, in now way have I said Cuban should not produce the movie. I'm merely advocating informing him.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
Artifact

Quote:

Wait a sec....

As I just posted above, I'm not advocating the quashing of this movie or Cuban's production rights. I am advocating that Cuban should be informed. That is all. If you can show me where I said he should not produce the movie, I will retract such sentiment with apologies.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #28
capitalcity
Diamond Member

New Developments from San Antonio...
Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #29
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
You'd be the first.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

More threads, more threads, more threads. Message board police are boring in the extreme.

As far as cubes goes, he's a stinking idiot for doing this. There are lot's of other ways to make a buck and no matter what he "thinks" he's giving these knuckleheads a forum, an air of respectability that they do not need, nor deserve.

I hate the thought that the mavs, the only team that displays respect for the flag in unison is going to be associated with THIS drivel

Shame mark.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #31
Artifact

Quote:

New Developments from San Antonio...

Very good. You've captured the mentality beautifully, and incorporated your beloved basketball to boot.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #32
Artifact

Quote:
You'd be the first.
Sure.

Go Mavericks!!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #33
Artifact

Well, you gentlemen take care of yourselves. I don't enjoy sports, so I don't have much interest in posting here. I just noticed on another board that someone had started this thread and thought I'd support the cause a little. Thank your for time.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #34
Artifact

Quote:
But you have been more than happy to tell us we're Neanderthals for loving basketball.

Incorrect. I told one person he was a Neanderthal for implying that he was going to "cut me", whatever the heck that means. Read posts 8,10,14 and 16.

Quote:
oh and the owner is a bad person for thinking about distributing an online movie
I never said this as I don't believe it. Here I'll lay it out for you:

The intent of this thread is to inform Cuban of the content of the OP (the death threat). It could have been handled without an entire thread, as I indicated in my first post, but that is beyond my control.

The first response to the OP told him to "get the hell out of here". I was merely defending the OP's attempt to inform Cuban of the death threat from the producer of the film he is planning to release, nothing else. I never indicated Cuban should not distribute the film or is a bad person for so doing. If you read the thread up to this point, you'll draw the same conclusion.

Last edited by Artifact; 04-03-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Doc?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #36
Artifact

Quote:
Tell me how you haven't come across as insulting or at the least condescending?
You're being a self-righteous prick and it's too late for you to back pedal. Your best bet would be to go ahead and leave like you said you were going to.

Edit: I'm done feeding the troll.
Wow, your standards for trollism seem quite low, especially considering you've misinterpreted nearly all of my posts.

In the first post, I merely indicated that he should not post this on a basketball forum, because it would not get its due attention.

And....

Christ, forget about it. My words are obviously wasted on you. Please do stop feeding me, and I'll stop feeding you. Such a whimsical little symbiosis. Funny how you have no issue with capitalcity claiming, twice, that he would "cut me", then resort to profane language when I've used none.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #37
HeyLeroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
get the hell out of here
Make me.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
HeyLeroy

Quote:
What's your point again? Oh right... we should all be shocked and disappointed that the billionaire owner of our sports team is trying to make a buck.
My point is exactly as I stated; Mr. Cuban should be judicious in his choice of business partners.

Quote:
I killed 6 people after watching Akeelah & the Bee.
Maybe you should contact a lawyer.

Quote:
Voices of Iraq was pretty appalling too.
Agreed.

Several of my family members have recently returned from the sandbox.

Quote:
Oh and that Fallen Patriot Fund - well I know exactly where Cubes should shove that garbage charity.
That would be a shame; that charity does worthwhile work.

Quote:
This doesn't teach me anything I don't know - Most of the 9/11 "truther" wackjobs are dangerous. Play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon long enough and you can probably associate every American with one of these leftists... does that mean we're bedfellows and conspirators too?
Finished building that strawman?

Would you choose to associate with criminals to further a business deal?

Quote:
There are people who make their living aborting babies. I'm thankful Mark is gonna profit off some stupid-ass myspace cult - it'll make the government's job of tracking and monitoring these "truthers" much easier when they can just count 'em as they enter the theater.
I'm guessing Mr. Cuban didn't skip his ethics class in business school. You, sir, are free to chart your own path.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #39
HeyLeroy

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to read this.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #40
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Funny how you have no issue with capitalcity claiming, twice, that he would "cut me", then resort to profane language when I've used none.
Donnie you're out of your element.

I don't play the internet toughguy, I play the class clown. I was pandering to my crowd when I threw down a grevious internet death threat in response to the urgent internet death threat news. Kudos on the typical I-just-followed-a-link-no-need-for-profanity response.

Let me guess... you have an MVP vote.