Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: 04/06 Dallas Mavericks @ Denver Nuggets

Mavericks-Nuggets Preview
By DAN PIERINGER, STATS Writer=
Posted Apr 5 2007 6:30PM

2006-07 Stats at a Glance
The Dallas Mavericks are undefeated when playing without Dirk Nowitzki this season, but they hope that record doesn't get challenged again.

The Mavericks expect Nowitzki to return from a one-game absence as they continue their run at the NBA's best record with a visit to the Denver
Nuggets on Friday.

With Nowitzki sidelined by food poisoning on Tuesday, Dallas (62-12) beat Sacramento 97-93 behind Josh Howard's 29 points and Jason Terry's 27.

It was the Mavericks' second victory in as many games this season without their MVP candidate. They also won 89-85 at Denver on Dec. 31 when Nowitzki sat out with a sinus infection.

"It wasn't so much guys stepping up, we have guys that do that all the time even when Dirk is here," said Jerry Stackhouse, who added 23 points, five rebounds and five assists off the bench Tuesday.

While bouncing back from a loss to Phoenix to win for the 10th time in 11 games, Dallas kept alive its chances to join the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls as the only teams in NBA history to win 70 games. The Mavs would have to win each of their final eight regular-season games to do it, though they don't need to win nearly as many to wrap up the league's best record.

Coach Avery Johnson, though, has his team focused on goals beyond the regular season.

"We just want to go into playoffs mentally and physically healthy," Johnson said.

Dallas will be taking on a Denver team that has won three straight after dropping five of six.

The Nuggets (38-36) also are coming off a win over Sacramento, 120-115 on Wednesday.

Carmelo Anthony delivered another solid performance with 31 points, his fourth straight game to crack the 30-point barrier. Anthony topped 30 in six straight games on two occasions earlier this season to tie the franchise record.

As impressive as Anthony has been, the success of Nene could be the key to the Nuggets' playoff push. He had a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds against Sacramento, and is averaging 18.1 points and 9.9 boards over his last seven games while holding his own as a defensive stopper.

"He's good. I think as much as I enjoy him offensively, defensively he is becoming a pretty consistent factor," coach George Karl said. "He's been covering the best player on the front line and he and Marcus (Camby) are getting in a good comfort zone and protecting the basket better than we did earlier in the season."

The Nuggets' win streak has them within a half-game of the struggling Los Angeles Lakers for sixth place in the Western Conference with eight games left in Denver's regular season.

"You've been watching this team all year long," Karl said. "When we pass, play together, and play defense we're good."

The Nuggets will have a chance to prove that against a Mavericks team that has won eight of the last nine games in the series, including four straight.

Dallas has a 3-0 edge in the season series heading into Friday's finale. Nowitzki had 31 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists as the Mavericks overcame Anthony's 34 points in a 115-95 win on Feb. 24.

Preview

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-06-2007 at 07:38 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mary!

We need to beat these guys. We want them to stay in that 7th spot to play the Suns in the first round.

Go Mavs.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

mavs by 9
nuff said
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

P2P: SopCast 2104, 6002, 6003, 11847, 16917; TVU 10005, 10007
Old 04-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Time to roll on the Nuggets.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Any chance of seeing Willis in action tonight?
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier
Any chance of seeing Willis in action tonight?
Against a team like Denver, in what is sure to be a close game? It seems doubtful to me.

I would think that Avery wants to get him out there tomorrow night though, hopefully for some garbage time against Portland. I don't think there's going to be garbage time tonight, though it would be nice.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

From Sportable.com
10:30 PM EST Denver Nuggets vs. Dallas Mavericks (ESPN): The Nuggets sure get lots of National TV time for not being very good. Even though they have both Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony, they’ve seemed to do nothing with it. They sit as the #7 seed out west.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 99-92
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

By Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Staff Writer
Dallas also surprisingly added a truly veteran post presence in ex-Nuggets forward-center Kevin Willis, 44, who was signed to a 10-day contract this week and could play against the Nuggets tonight.

I think Avery will want to get a quick look at Willis tonight, maybe three four minutes. He is on a 10 day contract, so they will want to see him in several different situations, before the first one is up.

Last edited by left texas; 04-06-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I love 9:30pm starts when the Stars are playing at 7:30. I'll need Dirk to cheer me up after the Ducks beat up on Modano and company.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I love 9:30pm starts when the Stars are playing at 7:30. I'll need Dirk to cheer me up after the Ducks beat up on Modano and company.
I prefer the west coast 5pm starts. Oh well.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #13
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
From Sportable.com
10:30 PM EST Denver Nuggets vs. Dallas Mavericks (ESPN): The Nuggets sure get lots of National TV time for not being very good.....
no kiddin'....last night was the second time I've seen the spurs since the all-star break, but it seems lke the nugets are on the tube every other night.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
no kiddin'....last night was the second time I've seen the spurs since the all-star break, but it seems lke the nugets are on the tube every other night.
Yea because of two words: Iverson & Anthony
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Yea because of two words: Iverson & Anthony
National TV scheduling was made before the season started though, before Iverson was a Thugget.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #17
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This TV thing...national media simply don't care for Texas teams...the only reason the Spurs get any attention is because they have won a title...The Mavs are forcing their hand by winning and then winning again...

Regardless of the sport, National media and national broadcast hate texas teams, with one exception...the Cowboys...but they get little respect in other National arenas...such as HOF...but that's another thread on another board.

Personally I dislike the National media and as far as I'm concerned Texas should bail out of the Union and be our own COUNTRY!!!

My apologies, I'm in a bitter mood today...nothing with anybody here...I'm just feeling blue with a tint of Pissed off!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm listening to GAC and they're not talking about the mavs at all...talking about some guy named "Tah-hey-da"....I wish they'd get to something that matters.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #19
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i'm listening to GAC and they're not talking about the mavs at all...talking about some guy named "Tah-hey-da"....I wish they'd get to something that matters.
I've noticed that radio guys love to talk about baseball. At least here in Texas. Baseball and Football. Baseball is a HORRIBLE "sport".
Old 04-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #20
left texas
Golden Member

The race to the playoffs is mainly at the bottom of the totum pole. This game means more to the Nuggets than the Mavs. Lately, every game has been more important to our opposition. We need to keep that in mind. I think we have responded well (except the Suns effort) to all the challenges. Denver wants to stay out of the eight seed, cause they sure don't don't us in round one.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #21
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

with all the streams available nowadays I couldn't care less whether games are shown on national TV or not...

just keep the streams coming... and the streaks of course, Mavs winning streaks that is...

I have the feeling that the Nuggets haven't improved a tiny little bit since Iverson's arrival.

The only difference I can see is that Blake is taller than Boykins..., by the way Boykins with 36 points in a losing effort against Atlanta right now, after scoring 32 against Boston the last game

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #22
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

It won't be an easy win, but we'll get it done.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #23
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are doomed! I am so gloomy tonight.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #24
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

In a pregame interview today, Avery said he wasn't going to play Willis tonight?

I know I'm ready to see him for a few min. Why the wait?
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
chiliwili
Banned

chiliwili is on a distinguished road

Dirk should not be allowed to eat before games.
chiliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #26
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

Leastern Conference is sooo freaking boring

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
MavinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #27
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Why is Nowitzki hesitating before he takes his jumper recently? He doesn't miss when he just rises up and shoots in one motion.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #28
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

George seems to be getting back in shape. Good news.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE ANKLE?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #30
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Damn. Howard got kicked hard and rolled it bad.

He's walking though. There's your silver lining.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #31
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Oh no, not again an ankle injury. Hopfully Howard will be back soon.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 04-06-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #32
The Crippler
Diamond Member

that was a pretty weak call. I guess we'll take it.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #33
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Nice pass by Damp!
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #34
The Crippler
Diamond Member

wow. I really like this reffing crew. They like the Mavs.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #35
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

wow did we pay these officials tonight

Old 04-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #36
MavinVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
wow. I really like this reffing crew. They like the Mavs.
Well i think Violet is one of them so i'm sure this won't last.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #37
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Did you guys see the ABC commercial featuring Dirk for the NBA playoffs, really cool.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #38
The Crippler
Diamond Member

I want to see JET get rollin again...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Freaking ankles.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #40
MavinVA

Nice quarter and great defense. Good to see. I'm sure Josh could use a couple nights off anyways.