Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Grindhouse

Go see this. I guarantee you'll at least find the movies and the fake trailers entertaining. Both were good, but Planet Terror was the best. Death Proof started off really slow but picked up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Just got out of the 11:55 showing of it at Legacy. oh man how great is this movie.. absolutely halerious. Thanksgiving will never be the same..
Old 04-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to see them tonight. Should be entertaining!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellence! Amazing! Go see it. Now.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Double Post.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 04-09-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

4TH? I understand to some seeing a movie with a chick with a gun for a leg is crazy, but 4th? Are We Done Yet finished higher than Grindhouse. That's a joke.

~The Salesman
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

You can take solace in the fact that it:

1) Was targeted at an audience nowhere near as broad as the other movies
2) *Missing Reel*
3) The people that did go see it did in fact enjoy it very much, as evident by its IMDB rating (8.6/10)

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-09-2007 at 01:54 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #8
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

4) its rated R. which tosses out younger high schoolers and parents taking their children to see it
5) its quentin tarentino, so that tosses out a good majority of christians.
6) its a really long movie, thus cant show as many times per theatre as a shorter movie can.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 04-09-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #9
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm, 3.5 hour long bath of blood and old cheese. It only did half what was expected? Really?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

7) It's Tarrantino, which means it's guaranteed to suck.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

no interest

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
7) It's Tarrantino, which means it's guaranteed to suck.
whats with the quentin-hate? most of his movies are damn good. hes definitely one of the top 10 directors.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
whats with the quentin-hate? most of his movies are damn good. hes definitely one of the top 10 directors.
Well, in reality, I've only ever seen one of his movies. But that movie was Pulp Fiction, and that movie was freaking terrible.

I realize I'm in the vast minority on it, and that's fine. But I thought it was a horrible movie.

I had no interest in the Kill Bill's based simply on the previews, and based on the previews of Grindhouse, I wouldn't go if it was free.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

ah, yeah if you didnt like pulp fiction you probably wont like Death Proof. although what are your thoughts on Rodriguez? His movie is really the main attraction.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
ah, yeah if you didnt like pulp fiction you probably wont like Death Proof. although what are your thoughts on Rodriguez? His movie is really the main attraction.
Not much of a fan of his either. Didn't like Desperado. Once Upon a Time seemed somewhat better, maybe I was just in a better mood when I saw it.

Thought Sin City was terrible.

So...clearly you can see why I am not interested in the movie?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well rented death proof.. It was as bad as I feared. Pulp fiction was interesting because of the dialog between samuelL and Barbarino, but other than that I didn't like it either.

I have grinderhouse??..But I think it's going back.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote