Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute
Default My game @ Minnesota.. with a surprise!

The game was wholly unspectacular.. I yelled "welcome back" to Kevin Willis and he gave me a pretty polite smile and nod. He also grabbed what I believe was his first rebound as a Mav in the middle of the third quarter -- or maybe the second. I can't really remember.

Lots of Mavs fans at this game, and I was among the luckiest:

Mark was a big time nice guy, shook my hand and agreed to a quick photo-op. I told him it was my birthday (it was actually Thursday the 12th) and he wished me a happy birthday and told my brother he liked his shirt (which is a pretty funny shirt that just says "I Like Craig" with a picture of Craig Smith's head on it).

All in all, a pretty big yawner of a game, but definitely an honor to meet the owner of my favorite sports franchise. Go Mavs!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2007, 01:36 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Where were your seats, and when did you go up to him to get your picture taken with him?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the gay didn't rub off!

But seriously, cool stuff. Good for you.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 AM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Hope the gay didn't rub off!
as a completely heterosexual male, all i can say is... wow.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-13-2007 at 02:24 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
as a completely heterosexual male, all i can say is... wow.
No one here is judging you, dude.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 AM   #6
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
The game was wholly unspectacular.. I yelled "welcome back" to Kevin Willis and he gave me a pretty polite smile and nod. He also grabbed what I believe was his first rebound as a Mav in the middle of the third quarter -- or maybe the second. I can't really remember.

Lots of Mavs fans at this game, and I was among the luckiest:

Mark was a big time nice guy, shook my hand and agreed to a quick photo-op. I told him it was my birthday (it was actually Thursday the 12th) and he wished me a happy birthday and told my brother he liked his shirt (which is a pretty funny shirt that just says "I Like Craig" with a picture of Craig Smith's head on it).

All in all, a pretty big yawner of a game, but definitely an honor to meet the owner of my favorite sports franchise. Go Mavs!
mark cuban is Edward Grab Spreedom's Ass Hands.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Very cool. I haven't been to a Mavs game since the home opener in '94. It was Kidd's first home game and 1st tripple double ever.... ironically it was against the Nets.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
No one here is judging you, dude.
well with comments like the one i responded to, i seriously question exactly how unjudgmental some of us are. but really i'd just like to point out how obscenely inappropriate (yet, hilarious) the idea of homosexuality being dermally transmitted actually is.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-13-2007 at 06:39 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I met him about halfway through the third quarter (during what was something like a 22-4 Mavs run) during a Wolves' timeout.

And, for the record, I am engaged and Mark is, as far as I know, a straight man.. so the gayness is neither contagious or airborne.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #10
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
well with comments like the one i responded to, i seriously question exactly how unjudgmental some of us are. but really i'd just like to point out how obscenely inappropriate (yet, hilarious) the idea of homosexuality being dermally transmitted actually is.
Yeah, no kidding. Everyone knows you catch it from the toilet seat.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

what happened to the jessica simpson thread...well, i guess i know what happen but that was awfully quick.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
what happened to the jessica simpson thread...well, i guess i know what happen but that was awfully quick.
It was sent to spam heaven.

Sometimes we get lucky and catch them pretty quickly.