Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Who's ass do you want to see us have to kick?
LA Lakers 8 8.89%
LA Clippers 37 41.11%
Golden State Warriors 25 27.78%
New Orleans Hornets 20 22.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default So who do we want in Rd. 1?

who do we want, who don't we want? and which of these teams has the biggest chance of extending the series to 6?
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't fear any of these teams. That being said, I'd want to see the Clippers in the first round (I consider the Hornets out of it) followed by Warriors/Lakers. Both the Warriors and Lakers would give us a hard fought 5 game series at least, maybe 6 games.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
dmakk

dmakk is on a distinguished road

I agree. A great shooting guard can give the Mavs problems, and the Warriors match up very well with them. I'd rather they play the Clippers because they would be less of a strain to get through to the next round than the other 2.

Last edited by dmakk; 04-14-2007 at 01:39 AM.
dmakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
blahblehblah

blahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the rough

Question is, should the Mavs play their starters regular minutes or even close to regular minutes when they play the warriors on the 17th?

Its a meaningless game for the mavs, but it could be THE eliminating games for the Warriors if they were to lose. Right now they are pretty much tied with both LA ball clubs (each with 40 L) but lose in a tiebreaker to both. Which means Golden state would have to almost win there last 3 games and hope either the clips or lakers lose 1 to be in the playoffs.

Personally I'm rooting for the Warriors and hope the Mavs play their starters sparingly to avoid injuries etc. Also I hope the warriors do win their last 3 games (42-40) while the Lakers and Clips end up 41-41, leaving the Warriors the 7th seed and the Lakers as the 8th seed. I'd sure love to go watch Nellie's warriors run it up and down against the Suns in person in the Playoffs.

Last edited by blahblehblah; 04-14-2007 at 02:49 AM.
blahblehblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #5
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Well the obvious choice out of those 4 is the hornets, but that's not going to happen.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The question kind of bias the response. I want to kick some warrior ass.

Nice student vs master action going on as well as the two opps to catch a game live. Woot.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

yeah - with the hornets essentially out of contention after their loss tonight, and given the sorry nature of golden state for the past dozen years, if it wasn't a matter of who would play Dallas, I would really like to see the Warriors clinch the spot.

It's really hard to put a finger on the Lakers. They're playing AWFUL lately, but moreso than the Kobe element, I think you just never want to play a Phil Jackson team if it can be avoided. It's also really tough to place the Clippers. These guys have been up and down all season. They basically go as Cassell goes, it seems. The Mavs match up most favorably with them but they definitely have loads of talent on that team. And of course, the Warriors have been the model of erratic play all year... but they are considerably better with Baron in the lineup, and pretty good in front of their audience.

I agree with the above. If GS can slip into 7, it would be awesome. Partially because a GS/PHX series would give us at least a couple of really fun games.

As a side note, I can't stand the idea of having to see Tim Thomas on my TV again.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

It does not matter. I love this analysis, it comes from Dodog Nation, gives you confidence that no matter what happens after the Mavs clinced, it will make no difference.
NBA Playoff Preview: Q&A Period
Before the playoffs begin, we try to answer some of the lingering questions that have been floating around the NBA

April 13, 2007

By W.L. Coleman
Bodog Nation Contributing Writer

The stretch run in the NBA is almost over and the playoffs are about to begin. But before another champion is crowned and the 2007 NBA season is officially over, there are a slew of questions that need to be answered:

Can Golden State or the Los Angeles Clippers or the Los Angeles Lakers or anybody beat the Dallas Mavericks in the first round?

No. Not a chance. Though it has yet to be determined who they will play, the Mavericks will hammer any first round opponent as they have hammered almost everyone all year. Dallas's 2-2 start to April has everything to do with having clinched the conference already and something to do with the fact that this is a team that narrowly missed winning it all last year and knows how much energy it takes for a long run in April and May.

Dallas Home Cookin'

Locking up home-court advantage was a huge coup for the Mavericks. Dallas is 35-4 S/U at American Airlines Center this season (19-19-1 against the spread). What might be most impressive, however, is the Mavericks' average margin of victory at home - an impressive 11.2 points per game.

There is no point in revving your engine in practice once you have already secured the pole position for the big race. Having just added 44-year old playoff veteran Kevin Willis, the Mavs appear very much like a team hunkering down for the long difficult battles that will begin in a week or so - Willis will not be expected to contribute to team speed. The regular season is over for the Mavericks and it is hard not to call them the presumptive favorite to seize the title they so brazenly gave away last year.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I personally hope it's either the Lakers/Clippers/Warriors b/c i work evenings and when the mavs play on the road, i can catch the majority of the night games
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I said Hornets because I'd like the Hornets to have a few more games for their fans.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

id like to see it be the hornets because id road trip up to OKC
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The date of our first game hasn't been announced yet has it? I'm flying back to Dallas for Thurs-Monday, so it would be pretty awesome to catch their first playoff game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Golden State. I want the bragging rights, seeing as people think that'll be the toughest matchup for us.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with the Lakers since they're playing worse than any of the three teams that have a shot.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #15
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I'd go with the Lakers since they're playing worse than any of the three teams that have a shot.
i'm gonna crawdad from my position as recently as yesterday and agree with you....the Lakers don't look like they can beat anyone right now.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This question seems like a no-brainer... I want the Hornets, but that's only for the same reason that they'll miss the playoffs... Clippers seem like the next logical choice if you want an easy round... The Lakers & Warriors are going to make you work a lot harder than you want to for the first round... L-o-g-i-c-a-l...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #17
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Let's kick some Laker ass.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Let's kick some Laker ass.

Sure, their asses will be as easy to kick as any other!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #19
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If I had my chose I'd go with the Memphis Grizzles.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I voted Clippers, I hope the Suns get the Lakers since they would give them the most trouble of those teams.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #21
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Lakers give the Suns trouble? I've watched those two teams play each of the last two weeks and the Suns didn't seem to have a problem handling the Lakers at all.

I think just like they'd give Dallas the most trouble Golden State would give Phoenix the most trouble as well.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-14-2007 at 09:34 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote