Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default My gal's Erick Dampier encounter, and my new souvenir.

Ok, so I get home from work this afternoon, and my girlfriend yells from the kitchen "Tyler, go look on the dresser." So, I waltz towards the dresser, and I see what appears to be a wrinkled bar napkin with something scribbled on it. I look closer and I see it says (quite sloppily)

"To Tyler.
Best wishes,
Erick Dampier #25
Dallas Mavs"

Stunned, I ask how she got it, and she tells the story. Last night, while I was toiling away at my boring dead-end job, she and a few of her girl friends were having a gal's night out at Dragonfly. At some point during the evening, she noticed a very tall, very muscular, bald african-american man, with lots of attractive women hovering around him. She, not being any kind of sports fan, approaches the man and asks "Do you play for the Mavericks by chance?" The man looked at her with a slightly puzzeld expression as if she had just asked him a very dumb question, so before he says anything she finishes "I only ask because my boyfriend is like the biggest Mavericks fan ever." This seemed to please him, as he immediately became very friendly and searched for a napkin, and asked what her boyfriend's name was. He then scribbled something hastily on a napkin, and said "Here, give this to him." She said thank you and let him get back to his entourage.

Now I've been happy all day because not only do I have the coolest girlfriend in the world, but I have a brand new wrinkled bar napkin signed by Erick Dampier. I put it in the display case on the mantle, right next to my ball signed by Dirk.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, and cool girlfriend.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Homes better not be having a hangover tonight. Someone get the man some vitamins and an aspirin.

j/k.... cool story.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

very sweet. glad to hear Damp is having a good time here in dallas

Last edited by Ninkobei; 04-22-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

That's very cool....
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Damp's a cool cat. My good buddy met him and Diop at Ghost Bar and whipped him with conversation for a while. Said Damp was really pretty shy but nice. He said Diop though, was one of the coolest dudes that he's met. Sat down with him for a bit and talked to him and his wife about all kinds of bs.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 AM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Such a cool story. And equal coolness from Damp & your gf.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Way to go! Coolness.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson

Now I've been happy all day because not only do I have the coolest girlfriend in the world, but I have a brand new wrinkled bar napkin signed by Erick Dampier. I put it in the display case on the mantle, right next to my ball signed by Dirk.
Man, you ARE a fan.

I don't care how much you like him, I'd keep my ball in my trousers even if Dirk DID sign it.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I need to get a scene like damps. an entourage at dragonfly. thats my new career goal.

Last edited by XERXES; 04-23-2007 at 09:41 AM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand why Damps was getting his drink on the night before the game.... because he realized that Avery had a mental lapse and thought he was Nellie so there was no chance Dampier would be playing anyway.

Heck.... drink away Damps.... If you ain't gonna play you might as well play. (<----that sentence shouldn't make sense... but it does)
Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he used to play for the Mavericks?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #13
mffl03

mffl03 will become famous soon enough

So this happened Sunday night or Saturday night?

....hmmmm great focus for a team....half naked women and a double on the rocks!!

you let your girlfriend go to dragonfly while you are at your "dead end job"? hmmm....I'd be a little more careful.....women do like the green paper and nice cars......
mffl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

haha, nice story bro
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Awesome girlfriend! That was really sweet of her to ask him..