Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
TXS

TXS is on a distinguished road
Default One simple plan for tonight

Let's go back to our normal starting 5. Let Damp start, and get 2 or 3 quick fouls, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass.

Then let Diop come in for a few blocks and maybe a few fouls, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass.

Then let Willis come in for a few minutes at the end of a qtr or two, there's 6 more fouls in our pocket, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass

I think you get my point
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Put POPS out there and have him create a fight between he and Davis...get them both thrown out and see what happens...Who knows, maybe they get thrown out and then both suspended for a game...

Crank up the intensity and the hate for each other...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
TXS

I really hope we see a "dirty" Mavs team show up tonight.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS
I really hope we see a "dirty" Mavs team show up tonight.
i agree. it seems like they haven't wanted to be "mean" to nellies team or somethin.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
mffl03

mffl03 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS
Let's go back to our normal starting 5. Let Damp start, and get 2 or 3 quick fouls, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass.

Then let Diop come in for a few blocks and maybe a few fouls, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass.

Then let Willis come in for a few minutes at the end of a qtr or two, there's 6 more fouls in our pocket, just make sure those fouls put Davis on his ass

I think you get my point

"Nooooooo it wouldn't work, we'd get run out of the gym!"

what a joke of an excuse....you try something for 3 minutes in a game and then just stop it all together....

Damps last 4 game minutes? What are they like 8 min, 13 min, 14, 12 min?
mffl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS

I think you get my point
I agree that Davis is the key for GSW success. Our physicality on him as been lacking and this approach is not a bad idea. Let me add one thing: Give Buck some time in the 1st quarter and get 4 quick fouls, each one getting under Davis' skin. I tell you, Baron Davis has a short fuse and you can easily get his head outta the game if you harasss him incessantly. If Buck can get his own head on straight he can be Davis' worst nightmare. Unfortunately, as of late Buckner seems to be daydreaming. He's been worthless and that ticks me off because this should be a series where he logs 15-20 minutes and is a defensive juggernaut on the big GSW guards. The Mavs desperately need his unyielding defense.

In principle, if the Mavs commit to giving really hard fouls at the rim, then GSW will eventually grow gun shy. Most of our fouls are ticky-tack fouls. I say make'em count.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

baron davis is too strong. no one can hold him.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
baron davis is too strong. no one can hold him.
Even your negativity won't stop the Mavs tonight. Why don't you take a long shimmey over a short bridge. Davis will come back to earth and play closer to his career numbers:

Baron Davis Career /Playoffs 07
FG%.411 /.552
3 pt% .324 /.500
Ft% .681 /.741
PPG 16.4 /25.8
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough

My simple plan: WIN.

go mavs
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't Damp holding his shoulder over his warm up suit in the 2nd half? It looked like he had a bag of ice wrapped around it, that could explain why he is getting zero minutes in addition to the matchup problems. I agree we do need to commit harder fouls, where you at Stack? You're good for a flagrant or ejection at least once a series.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #11
New.Stuff.BT
Banned

New.Stuff.BT is infamous around these partsNew.Stuff.BT is infamous around these parts

Are you guys being serious? because if the Mavericks tried to fight the Warriors team, the Mavs would get their asses beat.
New.Stuff.BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Stuff.BT
Are you guys being serious? because if the Mavericks tried to fight the Warriors team, the Mavs would get their asses beat.
My dad could beat up your dad
Old 05-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #13
TXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Stuff.BT

Tell that to Stack, I'd put my money on Stack against the ENTIRE team.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

damp actually got 2/14/12/1 minute of playing time...
this isnt about team 1 beating up team b - its about one of our reserves showing davis this aint gonna be a cakewalk.

Last edited by Lor20; 05-01-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
juckie

juckie will become famous soon enoughjuckie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Put POPS out there and have him create a fight between he and Davis...get them both thrown out and see what happens...Who knows, maybe they get thrown out and then both suspended for a game...

Crank up the intensity and the hate for each other...
thats a great idea,but id start with baron davis.
juckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

i agree. it's one thing i don't like (andl like at the same time) that the mavs are nice guys. i really want to see the nasty Mavs. We have nothing to lose. Seriously, if I was a coach or playing in the NBA, I'd do WHATEVER I could to stop another team. if that means clotheslining something driving down the line then so be it. throw pops out there to do it. that mans a beast. i wish we had DJ too, he'd be good for it. who cares if they get suspended for a game.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to figure that at least 2-3 of the Warriors are packing heat on the bench... so, a fight wouldn't be a good idea.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

^^^Doesn't Stephen Jackson get frisked at the beginning of every game lol? Mavs should be okay or Stackhouse should be anyway.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i agree. it's one thing i don't like (andl like at the same time) that the mavs are nice guys. i really want to see the nasty Mavs.
mavs haven't displayed much resembling a mean streak....remember when mcgrady was saying the Mavs are the dirtiest team in the league? that seems so long ago now.

edit: yeah, here it is....back in february. I really haven't seen that dirty team much lately.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-01-2007 at 03:01 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

One simple plan for tonight Win this game!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote