Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
eggbeater

eggbeater is on a distinguished road
Default Good luck from a suns fan

I remember last year we were in the same position down 3-1 to an inferior opponent with trolls infesting our boards so I really don't envy you guys right now. I'll say this though it made it much sweeter when we did blowout the Lakers the last game. If we could do it last year you guys can this year. Good luck and maybe we see you in the WCF (we have some unfinished business).
eggbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

That is so nice! Thank you! I realy do appriciate that.

He's right guys! Keep the heads high! Our boys will FINISH!!!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
juckie

juckie will become famous soon enoughjuckie will become famous soon enough

Thanx eggbeater,good sportsmanship,and if we lose,please oh plese destroy this team.I am a huge suns fan if dallas loses believe me.
juckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

thanks eggbeater. i wish there were more true fans like you with sportsmanship. thanks for the kind words. i hope we pull it out. if not, good luck to the suns!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Please send donations in lieu of flowers.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
eggbeater

eggbeater is on a distinguished road

I am a Suns fan but I appreciate good basketball and IMHO it doesn't get better than the Suns vs. Mavs. It's good for basketball to have an entertaining match between two high level teams for the nation to talk about. Now only if the Lakers, Rox, Spurs and Warriors would cooperate...
eggbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Tell Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle I said hi.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Even though our teams are competitors--and we all want our teams to hoist that trophy is a few weeks--we can all recognize the agony that Mav fans must be feeling right now.

The worst part about it is that I correspond with these folks on almost a daily basis during the season.

There are some really wonderful people who write here. Many have written personal messages to me, encouraging me as I deal with congenital birth defects in my spinal column that have caused me to undergo numerous operations throughout my life, rendered me incapable of playing any sports, and have basically sentenced me to a future as an invalid someday.

These are some wonderful people here--and when they feel agony, I feel their pain.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Here we go with more happy fans eager to lend sympathy LOL
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Even though our teams are competitors--and we all want our teams to hoist that trophy is a few weeks--we can all recognize the agony that Mav fans must be feeling right now.

The worst part about it is that I correspond with these folks on almost a daily basis during the season.

There are some really wonderful people who write here. Many have written personal messages to me, encouraging me as I deal with congenital birth defects in my spinal column that have caused me to undergo numerous operations throughout my life, rendered me incapable of playing any sports, and have basically sentenced me to a future as an invalid someday.

These are some wonderful people here--and when they feel agony, I feel their pain.
I feel your pain. I was born with genital birth defects as well. I was born with abnormally large nutsack!

GO MAVERICKS!!!!

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-01-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
Xylus

Xylus will become famous soon enoughXylus will become famous soon enough

This series reminds me a lot of last year's Suns-Lakers matchup, on more than just the "we're down 3-1" level. The Lakers really took control of the series and made it look like they had the right combination of players, coaching, and teamwork to beat us. They won Game 4 on a miracle, and played most of the series with the utmost confidence.

The Suns were the better team, though, fought back hard, had home court advantage, and ended up winning the series by showing the Lakers that their confidence wasn't damaged.

The Mavs certainly have the capability of doing the same thing, but it's only going to happen if Dirk stops acting like a pansy piece of shit and plays like the league MVP that he is.
Xylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
dizzledazzle
Banned

dizzledazzle is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggbeater
I remember last year we were in the same position down 3-1 to an inferior opponent with trolls infesting our boards so I really don't envy you guys right now. I'll say this though it made it much sweeter when we did blowout the Lakers the last game. If we could do it last year you guys can this year. Good luck and maybe we see you in the WCF (we have some unfinished business).
I wouldn't say GSW is an inferior team by any means. We have taken 5/6 from the Mavs already this season? This really isn't a true #8 vs #1 match up here. The warriors, who were plagued by injuries all season, got healthy and have really gelled as a team at the right time.

Sorry to the Mavs fans out there but you guys got unlucky to run into the hottest team in the NBA going into the playoffs. Why Avery didn't try to beat us at the end of the regular season to keep us out of the playoffs I don't know. This will undoubtedly be a good game tonight though. I'm sure we will see some great basketball (much better than anything going on in the east, at leasts).
dizzledazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sweet
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylus
, but it's only going to happen if Dirk stops acting like a pansy piece of shit and plays like the league MVP that he is.
Thanks...I think?