Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Default Favre asked for trade after draft

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6805790?print=true

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Incensed that his team did not acquire wide receiver Randy Moss as he wanted, Brett Favre asked Green Bay to trade him, several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com.

Just two or three days after last month's NFL Draft, Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson and asked that his client be traded, the sources said. In the conversation, Cook railed off on how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

The trade request was relayed to head coach Mike McCarthy, who immediately phoned the Super Bowl-winning quarterback. However, the quarterback ignored all his calls for a week, letting the request fester and perhaps showing the team how upset he was this time.

Finally, in the middle of this past week, the two connected. Sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade but McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen.

Following the conversation, McCarthy told others inside the organization that the talk appeared to have cooled Favre's anger and that Favre, by the end of the discussion, admitted he didn't want to go elsewhere.

However, Favre continued to tell friends on other teams how frustrated he was with the organization's inability to land the former Pro Bowl wideout and that he, in fact, wanted out of Green Bay.

Several calls Sunday morning to McCarthy and Thompson from FOXSports.com were not immediately returned.

On Saturday, Favre railed against the team in an interview session with reporters.

"I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way," Favre said. "I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it's hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I've never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I'm the odd man out here and they just don't know how to tell me.

"Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it's hard to be optimistic. I'm not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don't have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild but it's hard to look at where we are going and say, 'How can they not be rebuilding?'

"I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win."

At this point the Packers are prepping for serious damage control to prevent any further uproar regarding their most prized name. However, the damage may already have been done by his bizarre trade request.

Despite Favre's trade request and rant to reporters, the team has no intention of parting ways with their prized quarterback. In fact, some within the organization claim that McCarthy honestly believes they can win with the long-time vet at the helm and has repeatedly told him so.

Thus, they are hoping that Favre simply needed to vent for a while before jumping back on board.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

not sure who would take him. he's wayy over the hill, huge contract, and he isnt that great any more.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

i feel bad for him they don't put anything around him and have wasted the last four or five years of the career of one of the best of all time. he deserves better
wesbrynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sad
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

People from Mississippi are dicks.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he die?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Didn't he die?
You're thinking of his dead dad. He passed away from death in '04.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
It wasn't '04, was it? Isn't that the game where Favre went crazy and threw five touchdown passes? I'd have sworn that was '05.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It was right before the game he threw 5 TD passes on a Monday night game against the Raiders.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was joking actually, bc Brett Favre is too old to continue playing football.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

If i'm a team with a young quarterback i'd definately try to get Favre on my team. For atleast a year. He still is one of the better qb's in the league. Not Brady or Manning good but i'd say he's around the middle of the pack. But the Packers end up getting screwed because no one is going to trade for him. Either teams are not interested or wait until the Packers cut him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

hahah, holy shit thats funny!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote