Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default Sources: Rockets agree to trade Howard to Wolves for James - By Marc Stein / ESPN.com

Sources: Rockets agree to trade Howard to Wolves for James

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Updated: June 13, 2007, 8:35 PM ET

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Houston Rockets, who have been discussing a Mike James-for-Juwan Howard swap in one form or another since the February trade deadline, have agreed in principle to finally complete that deal this month, ESPN.com has learned.

An announcement of the trade's completion could be made as early as this week, according to NBA front-office sources.

The holdup stems from the possibility that another player or two could be added to the deal, sources say. The teams, though, have verbally agreed to a straight-up exchange of James for Howard at the very least.

The Timberwolves beat out Houston for James' free-agent signature last summer because of their willingness to include a trade kicker in the well-traveled point guard's four-year, $23.4 million contract, but the acquisition was questioned from the start after Minnesota landed Randy Foye in the 2006 draft.

James then struggled to make an impact with his new team, averaging just 10.1 points in 25.3 minutes per game and eventually losing his starting spot after enjoying a breakout season in Toronto in 2005-06.

A strong recruiting pitch from Wolves forward Kevin Garnett -- along with the trade bonus he held out for in negotiations -- convinced James to spurn similar financial offers from the Dallas Mavericks and the Rockets, even though he maintains an offseason home in Houston. But the intense Garnett and the chatty James clashed almost from the start, according to club sources, adding to the Wolves' remorse after it quickly became apparent that there wasn't rotation room for James and Foye.

So the Wolves decided by midseason that they would try to move their lone significant offseason acquisition and were on the verge of sending James to Houston for Howard when the deal fell through on Feb. 22, in part because the Rockets were reluctant to change the chemistry on a team that wound up overcoming numerous injuries to win 52 games.

But Houston's interest in James and adding depth to its backcourt under new coach Rick Adelman hasn't wavered, thanks to the 31-year-old's successful stint with the Rockets in the second half of the 2004-05 season.

"This has been difficult," James told ESPN.com in late March when asked to describe his debut season with the Wolves. "Physically, mentally, emotionally … all of the above."

Garnett, meanwhile, is expected to welcome the arrival of Howard, a 34-year-old former All-Star, after publicly calling -- repeatedly -- for more size in the Wolves' frontcourt and more of a veteran presence in the locker room.

Howard averaged 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds in 26.6 minutes per game last season. His contract is one year shorter than James' deal, with just two seasons to run at $14.3 million.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

This is great for the Rockets. Mike James use to kill us when he played with the Rockets. Now you have 3 players you better guard close on the Rockets and Battier get's rebounds, scores and plays defense. McGrady stay's healthy, Ming stay's healthy and they start Mike James, this team is now good with only one move.

They had a good chance to beat Utah if they had Mike James. He fits the Rockets like a glove. I hate to see this because now we have to worry about them also.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

so where is Garnett going?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Houston would get significantly better.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

James played like garbage last year....
Old 06-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Why in god's green earth would McHale do this?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-13-2007 at 09:05 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Damnit.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Minnesota had 3 overpaid, underperforming point guards on the roster in James, Hudson and Jaric. McHale would like to rid himself of all 3 because Randy Foye is probably the best PG they've got. Houston got to Mike James before anyone else did.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Why in god's green earth would McHale do this?
Who cares why... before he gets sober, Donnie needs to call him and offer Buckner for Davis.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Who cares why... before he gets sober, Donnie needs to call him and offer Buckner for Davis.
Now that is funny.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Umm am I losing my mind or arent Juwan Howard and Mike James both on the Rockets?

Nevermind I got Mike James confused with Bonzi. And Mike James was considering the Rockets a year ago. Got confused.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-13-2007 at 10:23 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Why are they so much better? It's Mike James, he sucks. He's better than Howard but they are just giving up front court depth for backcourt depth (they still have Alston).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

hopefully skip is as good as gone... about time that old overpaid juwan is no longer a rocket.
guess that means rockets are drafting a PF. or trading head/Vspan/other for PF.
hopefully it's the beginning of many moves for the rockets!
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin McHale is not the smartest GM in the league but this isn't a horrible move. He's trading a back up combo guard for a back up power forward with a shorter contract.

It won't make them any better but they won't be any worse either.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Why are they so much better? It's Mike James, he sucks. He's better than Howard but they are just giving up front court depth for backcourt depth (they still have Alston).
I don't know "how" much better we will be. I don't think it will put us at a championship level. However, the move definately helps our team. Last year we didn't have a PG that could hit a jumper consistenly (Alston shot like 37%), and no one outside of T-Mac or Yao could create their own shot. Mike James fills both of those needs. I think we would have beat Utah for sure if we had 1 more person who could score. James also is a decent defender.

We now have NO PF's though (Hayes is a F/A)......
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
I don't know "how" much better we will be. I don't think it will put us at a championship level. However, the move definately helps our team. Last year we didn't have a PG that could hit a jumper consistenly (Alston shot like 37%), and no one outside of T-Mac or Yao could create their own shot. Mike James fills both of those needs. I think we would have beat Utah for sure if we had 1 more person who could score. James also is a decent defender.

We now have NO PF's though (Hayes is a F/A)......
What's this "we" crap?

Is this a rockets board?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What's this "we" crap?

Is this a rockets board?
This is a thread in the Around the NBA forum (is it not), and I am a Rockets fan....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #18
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Kevin McHale is not the smartest GM in the league but this isn't a horrible move. He's trading a back up combo guard for a back up power forward with a shorter contract.

It won't make them any better but they won't be any worse either.

I agree with that last sentence. However, i feel this move was just to get rid of James. Because a) Howard on the Wolves is pointless and b) they've been pushing for Randy Foye to be their future all star point.

On the other hand, since the selling prices for James is Howard, i wonder what the selling price is for Davis/Blount/Jaric?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Howard pointless on the Wolves? Dude can still play some, I thought.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 AM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

He's pointless for no other reason than the fact that he and Garnett play the same position. And they have Blount, who has a decent offensive game for a frontcourt player. And Griffin, who when not masturbating in his SUV, has decent range and shot-blocking ability.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Are you saying he won't get any meaningful minutes?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #22
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Why is Howard pointless on the Wolves? Dude can still play some, I thought.
He isn't pointless. His production just doesn't warrant his high salary. I've been looking at some MN boards and it seems like they need some frontcourt back-ups (at least from a fan point of view).
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

His salary can't be that high if it can be traded for Mike James's.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:35 AM   #24
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Are you saying he won't get any meaningful minutes?

That's actually exactly what i'm saying. With the current roster after this "trade", there's not a lot of minutes to be had. Because Garnett's going to get 35-40mpg, Blount's going to get around 30mpg, then you factor in Griffin/Madsen (yes they still do play Madsen), there's no room to be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
I've been looking at some MN boards and it seems like they need some frontcourt back-ups (at least from a fan point of view).
I think more than anything need another solid player to play along with Garnett and Davis, and they need better rebounding and coaching.

~The Salesman
Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Call up DA and Mike James won't be a problem for us.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Because Garnett's going to get 35-40mpg, Blount's going to get around 30mpg, then you factor in Griffin/Madsen (yes they still do play Madsen), there's no room to be had.
Howard can't steal any minutes from Blount, Griffin, or Madsen? Wow.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Howard couldn't even steal minutes from chuck hayes so I don't know.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 AM   #28
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Rockets throwing some feelers out for Artest........+mike james, bonzi, tmac, yao, battier, head....

Last edited by And1; 06-14-2007 at 04:52 PM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #29
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
I agree with that last sentence. However, i feel this move was just to get rid of James. Because a) Howard on the Wolves is pointless and b) they've been pushing for Randy Foye to be their future all star point.

On the other hand, since the selling prices for James is Howard, i wonder what the selling price is for Davis/Blount/Jaric?
They'd give away Jaric if they could. Any expiring contract could get that deal done. They have such a logjam at PG and they need to break that up.

Blount and Davis don't have the same issues at their positions so their asking price would be a lot higher.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #30
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
Rockets throwing some feelers out for Artest........+mike james, bonzi, tmac, yao, battier, head....
if the rockets were somehow able to get artest, they'd have to give up some people on that list.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #31
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I think we would have beat Utah for sure if we had 1 more person who could score. James also is a decent defender.
Uuuhhmm NO!!! Unless James would have shut down Boozer and Williams (which he wouldn't have) the Rockets weren't beating Utah!
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Howard can't steal any minutes from Blount, Griffin, or Madsen? Wow.

Well both Blount and Griffin can play the center position, so he's not going to steal too many minutes from them. And yeah he can steal the little minutes they give Madsen.

~The Salesman
Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Mike James May work since Houston is going to start running and passing like lighting.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #34
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

When you asked, where is Garnett going? This will be big news and a player i am watching close because i know the Lakers will do all they can to get him. Garnett, Gasol and even if J O'Neil leaves will be ones to watch. Bird is not stupid and he will not give away O'Neil. After this last season, i figure Garnett will raise cain to get out of MN and can you blame him? It is also talks once again, like every year of Shawn Marion being traded. He is another big name and Grant Hill want's to go to Phx and he is still an ok player but he get's hurt bad alot.

All those are big names being talked about and throw in Rasheed and Billups. It is funny because the Knicks are tied to every single name talked about leaving their team. It is that way every single year.

I am a Dallas fan, not a Houston fan, but i see Alston not being able to consistently make an outside shot. On defense, i would cover Ming and McGrady the best i could and leave Alston wide open and dare him to shoot. I just do not think he can beat me with his outside shot. Driving and layups, yes anyone can. Mike James can usually make his outside shots and especially when teams must double team McGrady and Ming and now you leave James open. If all three guys stay healthy, Houston can be a force and they need to get deeper off the bench but they are getting better. I would have got rid of Howard also.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #35
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I am a Dallas fan, not a Houston fan, but i see Alston not being able to consistently make an outside shot. On defense, i would cover Ming and McGrady the best i could and leave Alston wide open and dare him to shoot. I just do not think he can beat me with his outside shot. Driving and layups, yes anyone can. Mike James can usually make his outside shots and especially when teams must double team McGrady and Ming and now you leave James open. If all three guys stay healthy, Houston can be a force and they need to get deeper off the bench but they are getting better. I would have got rid of Howard also.
teams didn't even guard rafer last year and rafer is like 25% when he does that teardrop thing. it's ugly.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #36
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
if the rockets were somehow able to get artest, they'd have to give up some people on that list.

Not necessarily true:

Assuming management pulls off an Artest for Sura,Snyder,#26 and V-Span

Last edited by And1; 06-14-2007 at 04:53 PM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #37
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan
Uuuhhmm NO!!! Unless James would have shut down Boozer and Williams (which he wouldn't have) the Rockets weren't beating Utah!
Even with Boozer and Williams getting off we barely lost that series. We lost due to scoring and not grabbing defensive boards in game 7. Our bench gave us nada for the first 2 games and one game only 4 dudes scored. Having another guard that could score or create his own shot would have made a huge difference, IMO.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #38
tmac1yao11

tmac1yao11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well both Blount and Griffin can play the center position, so he's not going to steal too many minutes from them. And yeah he can steal the little minutes they give Madsen.
Guys I dont think Griffin still plays for Minnesota does he?
tmac1yao11 is offline   Reply With Quote