Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all
Question Which WC playoff team could the Cavs beat

during a long drive home last night, I started imaging each of the Western Conf. teams playing Cleveland in the finals and wondering what the outcomes would've been.

Dallas - Lebron gives Dallas fits, but would get at most 2 wins against Dallas.
Phoenix - Cleveland couldn't score enough points in 2 quarters for each quarter Phoenix played. Phoenix loses 2 or less.
SA - sweep (could have lost a couple but didn't)
Houston - Houston could beat Cleveland in a 7 game series, but McGrady would find a way to not advance.
Utah - Boozer and Williams would have a great series and I think Utah would pull it out in 6 or 7
Denver - i could see this series going either way, but I think Cleveland has been more consistent and would pull it out in 6 or 7
Lakers - this would be pretty much a Kobe vs LeBron show. it would be which set of scrubs could get more points. I give Cleveland the edge.
GS - if Tony Parker gives Cleveland fits, Baron Davis would eat them alive. GS would have crushed Cleveland in 6 games or less.

I see only 3 teams (Houston, Denver, LAL) in the West that Cleveland could have beat and none of those would be gimme's.

Last edited by Henry_VIII; 06-15-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

^^^ agreed. Although I'd actually feel pretty comfortable about picking Denver over Cleveland in a series.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's been said a million times before, but damn, the East is pathetic...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I know it's been said a million times before, but damn, the East is pathetic...
The pendulum will swing back one of these days
It was only 20 or so years ago that the East was praised as the "Power" Conference while the West was denigrated as the "Finesse" Conference
And during the Celtics run of the late 50s, 60s and part of the 70s, the very things said about the East today were being said about the West

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

That pendelum isn't going to be swinging back to the east anytime soon. Just within the last 6 months we've had Allen Iverson get traded to the west, Oden and Durant end up in the west, and it looks like another eastern conference all star in Jermaine Oneal might also end up in the west. It's getting worse, not better for the east.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I'd say only the Lakers
Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Personally, I'd say only the Lakers
Agreed. I think Denver and Houston would beat the Cavs in 6 or 7.

Two superstars + scrubs > One superstar + scrubs
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

another 20 years and the east will be good again...maybe
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think Denver and Golden State would probably crush the Cavs... who honestly thinks they could keep up with the baskets?

Lakers is a toss up, whoever's scrubs suck less during the series I guess... but i'd probably pick the Lakers because their next best player (Odom) >>> the Cavs next best player (Big Z).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Lakers is a toss up, whoever's scrubs suck less during the series I guess... but i'd probably pick the Lakers because their next best player (Odom) >>> the Cavs next best player (Big Z).
Good point, and I think we can all agree that Phil Jackson >>> Mike Brown.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
That pendelum isn't going to be swinging back to the east anytime soon. Just within the last 6 months we've had Allen Iverson get traded to the west, Oden and Durant end up in the west, and it looks like another eastern conference all star in Jermaine Oneal might also end up in the west. It's getting worse, not better for the east.
In other words, the pendulum swings when Durant and Oden retire.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote