Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Rockets Mavs Rumors

Rockets trying to wheel and deal
Thursday, Jun 21, 2007 6:13 pm EDT
The Houston Rockets have several possible moves in the works. Apparently, they are trying to snag one of the Dallas Mavericks' three second-round draft picks in exchange for Vassilis Spanoulis.

The Los Angeles Clippers also appear to be discussing trading forward James Singleton (6-8, 215 pounds) to the Rockets in a deal that would involve point guard John Lucas III.

And the Los Angeles Lakers are contemplating a deal to acquire Rockets' guard guard Luther Head in exchange for power forward Brian Cook (6-9, 250 pounds).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rockets are going big. They have Ming, McGrady and James. I also like both Cook and Singleton. I know Head is streaky and a threat from 3 but Cook at 6'9" and also a threat from 3 or down low, i like. If the Rockets keep on, i think they are saying wait just a minute, put us in there with Phx, Spurs, Mavs and i am the first to say, ok you are. Singleton or Cook will be better than Ju Howard at his age now. I would rather have Cook than Ju Howard.
---------------------------------------------------------

Cavs trying to get in the mix...

There are earnest whispers that Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry is going to make a big pitch to deal for a legitimate sidekick for LeBron James.

The Golden State Warriors' Jason Richardson, Seattle SuperSonics' Rashard Lewis, Portland Trailblazers' Zach Randolph and Shawn Marion of the Phoenix Suns have been mentioned.

-----------------------------

Lewis, Marion or Randolph does really help them. Randolph would be a hoss inside.

====================================

According to Miller, Nelson approached him after a game and offered any player on the Mavericks roster plus draft picks for Kirilenko, then one of the youngest and most dynamic players in basketball. The offer was rejected then. It wouldn't be now..

----------------------------

This was a few years ago when we did that.

---------------------------------------------

Lot's of Garnett rumors and the front runners are Phx, Celtics, Lakers and Bulls but they say he rejects the Celtics, so i guess he has some kind of say so where he goes. My only thing about the lakers, yes KG lives there, he wants to go to Phx but how would LA get him without Kobe being involved? Some writers still say he will go to LA. Him and Kobe would be a force but they have nothing to get Garnett with, except Kobe. Kobe would kick and scream before he was shipped off to cold MN. The Bulls have alot to get Garnett and Phx, not sure but would involve Marion.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I wanted to mention, i know nothing about that point guard for Houston, that they are trying to trade us.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to mention that I don't have an opinion on this article!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 06-22-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I wanted to mention, i know nothing about that point guard for Houston, that they are trying to trade us.
Led the Greek national team to victory over the US team at the Worlds last year. He just finished his rookie season, but to jog your memory, Dallas actually drafted him in '04.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

v-span: very turnover prone below average jump shooter. decent handles with good court vision and good slasher. he's quick lateral movement and solid defense because he's big enough to guard the quick PGs.
basically he wasn't even Rafer Alston's backup whether he never flowed well with the starters this year or JVG just hates foreign players and rookies.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

saw him last preseason and he looks like he has a little something
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

What about JET for Battier?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I would hate for JET to go to the Rockets....

1. We would have to see him play against us 4 times a year.
2. He would do real well on that team with his outside shot.
3. He is such a fan friendly guy, and I hate Rocket's fans

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-25-2007 at 10:14 AM.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
... or JVG just hates foreign players and rookies.
Or JVG is just a horrible coach who doesn't know how to utilize his players, even when they are a dominating 7'6".
MavzManiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzManiacz
Or JVG is just a horrible coach who doesn't know how to utilize his players, even when they are a dominating 7'6".
completely agree except JVG knows how to coach team defense
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

You have to be very careful when trading with guys in your conference.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
You have to be very careful when trading with guys in your conference.
... and even more so with guys in your division.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote