Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default Horning in on the Rashard Lewis signing

Orlando is signing Lewis to a Max deal? Maybe Dallas can get in on the action?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

How?
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Dang system!

Terry to Seattle; Lewis to Orlando in a s&t; Turkuglo, Arroyo & next year's second to Dallas.

Now Orlando can sign Darko; Seattle gets something for losing Lewis; and Dallas gets the small forward it needs to move Josh to shooting guard, a back up point, and what should be a pretty good 2nd rounder next year.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

...Did you really just say you'd part with Jason Terry for Carlos Arroyo, Hedo Turkgolu, and a second round pick?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I must say stack... My head turned too... Wow!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

Default Yes, I would.

Outgoing
Jason Terry
6-2 PG from Arizona
16.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 35.2 minutes

Incoming
Hedo Turkoglu
6-8 SF from Turkey (Foreign)
13.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 31.0 minutes
Carlos Arroyo
6-2 PG from Florida International
7.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 18.1 minutes

Change in team outlook: +4.3 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Hedo and Carlos can both play--and better yet, they play positions that Dallas needs.

Now you have for Dallas:

Damp/Diop/DJ
Dirk/Fazekas/Pops
Hedo/George/R. Terry
Howard/Stack/Ager
Harris/Arroyo/Barrea

That's sound. I'd rather get AK from Utah, but Hedo is an excellent passer and a reasonable all round player. Finally, Arroyo is in the last year of his contract and Hedo only has two years remaining--as against Terry's four years.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Chum would agree with you, but then again he'd trade Terry for a peanut butter sandwich.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I'm sure Chum would agree with you, but then again he'd trade Terry for a peanut butter sandwich.
It wouldn't just be the sandwich, it would be the sandwich AND a big trade exception. So, yeah, you have to do that deal.

Actually, I do think that Serious Summer has quite the right idea here. If Harris is your go-to PG, then Terry is "depth." He is very, very overpaid for depth. SS has a good idea here in that he patches two holes with one piece, while making the depth much more affordable and the roster more flexible/moveable. Plus, I like both Hedo and Arroyo.

With Terry, we are going to have to come to grips with the notion that just because we thought he was worth $10MM a year, that doesn't mean necessarily that anyone else would. It will probably take the kind of situation SS posits here to make a Terry trade make sense for the other team. In other words, they will have to do it for reasons MORE than just value (talent per salary).
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #9
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

i like the trade too, turkoglu is a good player.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Terry is due slightly less than $9MM this season. I agree that is too much to pay for depth--although it's probably an appropriate salary for a 30 mpg 6th man, which Terry could be for us this year.

Also, if we spend the full MLE on anyone--unless it's a starting SG--that player will also be depth, and will make $6MM this year. Is Terry worth $3MM a year more than Jason Kapono? I say yes.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

If I really thought Terry would be better than Stackhouse as a scorer off the bench, then I'd say keep Terry and either sign & trade Stackhouse or let him walk. But I don't, and Stack won't cost $9 million for the next four years to keep.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think terry would be nearly as good a scorer as stack off the bench either. He could come in and shoot some but he just doesn't get to the line enough and can't get into the paint enough for my tastes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote