Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Hillary's Vice President

Let's see who can pick the vice president of both parties running. I will also add a thread of Rudy and Fred. I think Rudy will be the nominee but we will add Fred also. No one has a shot at Hillary. Obama and Edwards are good any other year but they just can't overcome Hillary. In the end we will take our number 1 picks but for fun i will give my top 5 here.

1.Evan Bayh. This would just about finish the Republicans if she picks Bayh. This way she assures herself of the states, Ind, OH, PA. Then even states that are red, TN, KY, VA, WV, come into play. I just feel if Hillary wins OH and PA the race is over no matter what happens in FL but do not get me wrong, FL will be a close good match between Hillary and Rudy. This put's alot of pressure on the gop to have to win every single state in the south to have a chance. Bayh is stronger than strong and if you have never heard of his name, you need to look it up, he will be your president after Hillary.

2. Mark Warner. This was a very hard decision here. Yes, he is very popular and very well liked like Bayh and assures Hillary of breaking in the red southern states but also my third pick was a close 2nd also. The polls are breaking Hillary's way now and taking a little lead over all gop's in Oh. This is the state she must grab to coast for a win. Warner probably gives her Oh also but Bayh clinches Oh. With Warner you have to wonder how far he brances outside of VA, into the Carolina's? TN, KY? He would win PA for her but she already has that i feel. Never the less he is very strong.

3.Wesley Clark. Fox News begged him to be a Republican. They cried and begged to please be a Republican because they knew in the neocons administration, it is mainly draft dogers. They needed Clark for the neocon team but they could not buy him off. He would not sell his country out like the neocons. Plus he announced he was a Democrat. He is much more a military man than W and Chains will ever be. They pretend they are but they are far from the military. They ran off another man named Colin Powell. I wouldn't be surprised if he switches party, on the dirty stuff they did to that man. Clark helps her in MO, AR and maybe some mid western states. She will win AR regardless and she is leading MO now. With the terrible mess the neocons have us in, maybe she and the party think we need a strong military mind to help get us out of all the bad. I almost picked him number two.

4.Bill Nelson. He is well liked in FL and this gives her FL. Then again she is in a dead heat now down there and the gop is running off all hopes of latino voters. Like i reported in another thread, they are blowing them off as we don't need you. John McCain is the only one being nice to them in which the gop would never let him be pres or vice pres. The younger latino voters are breaking away. Will the older generation? We have to wait and see.

5. Bill Richardson. Some feel he will be number one on the list. This helps her in NM, CO, and some of the mid western states but the race will not be won in the midwest. Remember these three states and see who takes 2 out of 3. PA, OH, FL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now studying for Rudy and even Fred but i feel Fred might have a hard time catching Rudy.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Who ever she chooses better not have a mind of his own, if you can find a yes man or a girly man it would be her choice.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

You mean a man like Rudy G, that likes to dress in high heels, dresses and pantyhose? I feel she can't get him because she will be running against him. That is the gop's man.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No I think Barney Frank fills the bill there quite well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Warner WOULD"VE been the perfect choice... had he stayed in the race long enough to boost his name recognition. Now, he doesn't offer much in a national campaign. (Instead, I imagine he is going to take over JOHN Warner's senate seat...)

Also... You don't think the stormin' Mormon has any chance at this point in the GOP primary race?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Mark Warner has alot of good ahead of him. He is from the same area Richard Lugar and Evan Bayh is from. All three of these men are good men and are really liked. I do not think Warner has the big name recognition either. Bayh does.

Honestly, on Mitt Romney. He would make a much better president than Rudy or Fred. Rudy is a yes man but he has a noose around his neck with being for abortion and gay rights. This is what the gop stands for, against homo's and against abortion. So is Rudy half Democrat and half Republican? It has been questions if he is half man and half woman. Romney stands with the Republican party but ask dude why he doesn't like Romney. If he is honest and doesn't spew out a one liner, he will tell you he can't beat any of the Democrats, plus being Mormon will hurt. He is much more moral and he is much more a faith and values man than Fred or Rudy will ever be.

They try to make it a race of who has best morals and etc but this is not true on either side. It is who has the biggest name, who will attract big money and donate big money to them and the party. This is why Ron Paul has no chance and dude knows this and guys like Dennis K has no chance. A good moral man without money flowing into him, can get elected mayor and congress and this is about as far they can go.

Both parties want who will help me and who is electable, no matter if they have morals or not. Rudy is going to try and the party feels he has a shot at saying i am the 9/11 man, elect me. People remember him and this helps. They are trying to run Fred as Ronald Reagan and because some have seen him on tv, he can be elected, plus he is from the south.

I have no problem with Romney or Ron Paul and Romney will get some votes but big Republican will not back him. Same with Edwards. Good person and good for the party but in the end, the party won't back him. Romney married once and believes in what the Republicans believe in. He just has "Mormon" hanging over him and i guess they feel this is way to risky. But what is dangerous, the party maybe thinks they can cover up and hide all the bad things of Fred and Rudy and them not being a true Republican. Party values really doesn't matter anymore as it is who has the best chance.

What will hurt both Rudy and Fred is when the true church believer and true faith and values people go into vote, they will think about getting married 3 to 5 times, marrying his cousin, both are for gay rights and Fred is not sure where he stands on abortion as where Rudy is with the Democrats, plus religion will be a factor here also. Then the true faith and values people will not pull the handle for them.

You know what you get with Mitt Romney and he is more value based Republican than Rudy or Fred but big Republican money won't back him because they feel he can't beat Hillary.

In the end, i feel Rudy will win the nominee. The Republicans also feel that some Democrats will vote for Rudy. dude will tell you no Republican will vote for Hillary but again this is wrong. Bill got Republican votes. He actually won some of there Republican states and you must receive gop votes to win gop states. I also feel Rudy will get some Democrat votes. Fred would be good for the south but how would he run in the mid west and all over? Fred is like what we have now and doesn't know where he stands. Just a good ole boy. If Rudy is right or wrong, atleast he will tell you, this is where i stand. Romney just doesn't have the big gop base as the gop want's name instead of values. This is why i feel Romney has no shot.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

mcsluggo, i just ran across this article at msnbc. Check this out and the gop knows this already and this is why they would want to try to hold Romney down.

Atheist, Muslim candidates worry voters
Poll shows religion concerns voters more than campaigner's race or sex

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20692635/

One in four people in the U.S. said in a recent poll that they would be less likely to support a presidential candidate who is Mormon, an ominous sign for Republican contender Mitt Romney.

Yet the survey found two groups, atheists and Muslims, were even less likely to win votes.

Sixty-one percent of those questioned said they would be less likely to support a presidential candidate who did not believe in God. Forty-five percent said the same for a Muslim contender.

Only 5 percent or fewer said they would be likelier to support candidates who were atheists, Muslims or Mormons, according to the poll by two nonpartisan research groups, the Pew Research Center and the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Sex and race
In a measurement that might affect Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., 12 percent of those surveyed said they would be less likely to support a woman. Fifteen percent said they would be likelier.

Six percent said they would be less likely to support a black candidate and 9 percent said they would be likelier, which may affect the run by Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

In other findings:

16 percent said they would be less likely to support an evangelical Christian candidate, though 19 percent said they would be likelier to support one;
11 percent said they would be less likely to support a Jewish contender, while 9 percent said they would be likelier;
7 percent would be less likely to support a Catholic and 13 percent would be likelier;
15 percent would be less likely to support a Hispanic and 9 percent likelier.
Republicans were likelier than Democrats to express concerns about voting for an atheist, Muslim or a woman, while more Democrats than Republicans said they would be less likely to support an evangelical Christian. The party breakdown for the other traits was about even.

The poll was conducted Aug. 1-18 and involved telephone interviews with 3,002 randomly chosen adults. The margin of sampling error was plus or minus 2 percentage points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at those numbers, alot reject votting for a mormon but look at the numbers for a Catholic. This helps Rudy in this poll. They used being Catholic to hurt Kerry and it has been one Catholic Pres, in JFK. The poll doesn't hurt Rudy with being Catholic if this poll is right and hold's true.