Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default GAME DAY THREAD!!! THIRD GAME OF THE YEAR! GO COWBOYS!!

Can I really will the Cowboys to a 3-0 start???

Sunday night primetime on NBC

Dallas Cowboys @ Chicago Bears

enough said.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-23-2007 at 10:26 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Lets kick some ass!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:00 AM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

You copy/pasted the title of the thread?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

a little more than 10 hours to go!

also, Giants-Skins today...go Giants!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

i'm going to the game today...pretty pumped about it. i'm working up in chicago right now, so i'm going to get a lot of crap if we lose. sooo, go cowboys!
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsMandy
i'm going to the game today...pretty pumped about it. i'm working up in chicago right now, so i'm going to get a lot of crap if we lose. sooo, go cowboys!
that is freaking awesome.. soldier field

Contact Me
Old 09-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Go Cowboys!!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Motivation for Tony Romo?

Quote:
"I don't know," defensive end Adewale Ogunleye said. "I just know that he's the guy we're facing this week. I think we're going to try to do what we do best. He is a good quarterback, he does things well, but he has some weapons that make him look really, really good with T.O. (Terrell Owens) and those running backs and the tight end and, too, when they get Terry Glenn back. He has some weapons with him that make him look really good
Quote:
"I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but if you say (the Colts') Peyton Manning's a star and you say Romo's a star, I don't agree with you on that," Bears defensive end Alex Brown said. "I don't think they're in the same class. But no doubt he's good."
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/sports...earsnb.article
Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Bears are in for some Lone-Star-sized trouble tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #10
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

This might be a dumb question, I haven't kept up with alot of this, but is Tank going to be playing tonight?
Old 09-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #11
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
This might be a dumb question, I haven't kept up with alot of this, but is Tank going to be playing tonight?
Nope, hes still serving his suspension. He won't be eligible to play his first game until Nov. 11.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #12
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
The Bears are in for some Lone-Star-sized trouble tonight.
that's it?.. i expected more from you Chum. Come on!

Contact Me
Old 09-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
that's it?.. i expected more from you Chum. Come on!
That was just an idle early-day observation. Now, then, as we approach gametime I can make my formal prediction:

Tonight the winds in Chicago shall carry away from Soldier Field the putrid and retching scent of so many fallen and shredded Bears, destroyed at the powerful and merciless hands of the behemoth from the south. The chests of the wicked will be rent asunder, their irreverent entrails exposed. The righteous victors will take for themselves anything of value, leaving behind them the sparse carcasses of their heretic victims, to rot and decay in the way that they deserve.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Did the pre-game have the lunatic Olberman on it?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

No Olberman...

This bitch is ON!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Yatta! HEE!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

LOL, Love that commercial with Hiro stopping time and giving the ball to the cowboys.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

I wish they would have kicked it straight to Hester.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

God, I hate our defense.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

Nice exchange there. Let's go, offense.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
God, I hate our defense.
Be patient. I bet we get several takeaways tonight.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

This game will turn on a mistake by Romo or Grossman. Here's hoping it's Sexy Rexy.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #23
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope someone pops hester
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

Will we let McBriar kick to Hester?
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

Nice.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Hester is OVERrated!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #27
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Hester is OVERrated!
False.

He still got 5 more yards on that return than he should have. He's sick good.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
False.

He still got 5 more yards on that return than he should have. He's sick good.
Screw him, anyway.

And screw Berrian, too.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #29
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Reeves sucks!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
ames7
Diamond Member

C'mon, Offense. Pull it together.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #31
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Tyson Thompson is as frightening as Hester, apparently.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Brilliant move by Irving's own Tyson Thompson, to let that kick go out of bounds.

The Bears don't have anything on offense besides trying to rape Jacques Reeves. Their running game is completely stifled by our suffocating defense. This is going to be a long night for Chicago.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #33
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

lol flozell

Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #34
ames7
Diamond Member

OMG stop with the penalties.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #35
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

I hate penalties!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #36
ames7
Diamond Member

Oh NO.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #37
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

What a BAD START.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #38
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

not a bad pass from romo
Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

I hate these slow starts. Just get to the touchdowns already!!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #40
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Zero pass rush.