Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice
Default Dream Match Up

This would be such an awesome match up! Everyone in their prime! Who you think would win? I have no clue!

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

Mavs 07-08 Champs!

Last edited by destroy ALL; 10-22-2007 at 04:21 PM.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
This would be such an awesome match up! Everyone in their prime! Who you think would win? I have no clue!

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

Mavs 07-08 Champs!

...........I would switch Tracy with Dirk......?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

tracy is a "true" small foward as was Bird. I wanted the match ups to be kinda equal. and i would put KG in instead of Dirk.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs 07-08 Champs!
, yet the greatest Mav, Dirk is not on list...

2. We've all heard the Dirk/Bird comparisons, yet Dirk is not matched up with Bird.

3. Tracy is the laziest person to play defense, yet he's on your list?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
1. , yet the greatest Mav, Dirk is not on list...

2. We've all heard the Dirk/Bird comparisons, yet Dirk is not matched up with Bird.

3. Tracy is the laziest person to play defense, yet he's on your list?
OK Tracy on his lazy day is as good on D as Dirk....and if he chooses he can be a lock down defender...

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
OK Tracy on his lazy day is as good on D as Dirk....and if he chooses he can be a lock down defender...
Well, then I guess you take your chances with Tracy, as I'd take my chances on Dirk.

...Not that these dream team comparison even matter. =/

Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Shaq
Duncan
T-Mac
Kobe
Nash

vs.

Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton

Mavs 07-08 Champs!
Nike
Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Tmac versus Bird? Good lord, if it was a meaningless game Bird would have absolutely no chance-- Tmacs athleticism would trash Bird and make Bird look like Adam Morrison.

then again if the game was a playoff game T-Mac would miss every shot, pout and then cry in the press conference.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Hands down
Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton
The game has changed and big guys arent as physical as they used to be. guys like bird, hakeem, and malone would beat down a PG like nash that drives into the lane so much. They were brute, hard nosed and physical enough to send a message that only the big boys played inside. One other thing though, I would include Barkley in his hayday on this list. icing on the cake..

Last edited by skylive321; 10-22-2007 at 06:30 PM.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Hands down
Hakeem
K. Malone
Bird
Jordan
Stockton
The game has changed and big guys arent as physical as they used to be. guys like bird, hakeem, and malone would beat down a PG like nash that drives into the lane so much. They were brute, hard nosed and physical enough to send a message that only the big boys played inside. One other thing though, I would include Barkley in his hayday on this list. icing on the cake..
Yee but big guys bak in the day were not as athletic as big guys these days soo it can go so many ways..but idc...and Nash can take some beatings

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Well, then I guess you take your chances with Tracy, as I'd take my chances on Dirk.

...Not that these dream team comparison even matter. =/
Agree they dont matter and i am not saying I would take Tracy over Dirk I do like Tracy thou and think tht he can be a top 5 player whenever he chooses on either side of the ball...But Dirk is the mann

** Just sayin tht Tracy got better d

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 10-22-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Hakeem would tortue Shaq.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #13
Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya is infamous around these partsHydhypedplaya is infamous around these parts

Nash is better than stockton IMO
Kobe Jordan are pretty much equal
Tmac would tear up Bird (mainly because of his athleticism)
Duncan and Malone are pretty equal (but Duncan impacts the game more)
Hakeem would own Shaq (Shaq has admitted that Hakeem was the best center ever)

So by comparison Nash, Kobe, Tmac, Duncan, Shaq would win but I think chemistry would be alot better with the other team mainly because Kobe is more off a ballhog than jordan, and Hakeem is ALOT better as a playmaker than Shaq.
Hydhypedplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #14
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

i would put Magic in instead of Stockton. mostly because i dislike stockton/malone.
plus magic would abuse nash. no way nash could get a shot off and no way nash could even imagine guarding magic.

tmac is a really good defender he just gets lazy like previously stated.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #15
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydhypedplaya

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_stockton/?nav=page

Look at Stockton from 87-88 to 97-98.... that's a decade of DOMINANCE at the point guard position. His offensive numbers are as good, if not better, than Nash has had since joining the Suns... not to mention the fact that he actually worked his hairy-chested, scrawny little ass off on defense, unlike Mr. Nash. I don't even think the two compare.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #16
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_stockton/?nav=page

Look at Stockton from 87-88 to 97-98.... that's a decade of DOMINANCE at the point guard position. His offensive numbers are as good, if not better, than Nash has had since joining the Suns... not to mention the fact that he actually worked his hairy-chested, scrawny little ass off on defense, unlike Mr. Nash. I don't even think the two compare.
At the end of their careers they will be very close..unless Nash manages to win a title then he will be ahead

........GO MAVS
Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #17
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
i would put Magic in instead of Stockton. mostly because i dislike stockton/malone.
plus magic would abuse nash. no way nash could get a shot off and no way nash could even imagine guarding magic.

tmac is a really good defender he just gets lazy like previously stated.
Ummm ur right abou Nash guarding Magic...but if u think tht Nash coudlnt score against Magic ur crazy

........GO MAVS
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pay just to watch Kobe against Jordan.

With Magic, the old team probably wins a best of seven. With Stockton, the new guys hold sway.

There is NO WAY that Hakeem hangs with Shaq in his prime. Olajuwon could score on him, yes, but no one guards Shaq.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So by comparison Nash, Kobe, Tmac, Duncan, Shaq would win but I think chemistry would be alot better with the other team mainly because Kobe is more off a ballhog than jordan, and Hakeem is ALOT better as a playmaker than Shaq.
Kobe and Jordan are not equal
Nash is NOT as good as Stockton. Offensively almost the same... defensively not even on the same page. One was arguable the best defensive PGs ever. One is one of the worst.
Bird > Tmac by freaking FAR
Duncan Malone Hakeem and Shaq would own each other, with Shaq making the biggest impact.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-23-2007 at 01:35 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard for me to bet against a team that has both Jordan and Bird =\

Contact Me
Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #21
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumdawg
There is NO WAY that Hakeem hangs with Shaq in his prime. Olajuwon could score on him, yes, but no one guards Shaq.
Depends on how the game is called. If they allowed Shaq to dislodge people, then I agree, but if they didn't then Hakeem had as much or more quickness than Shaq. They would both get theirs, IMO. Shaq, IMO, is probably the hardest player in the history of the game to actually officiate correctly. How it gets called makes all the difference.

My dream game of players I watched often: (if they were all in their primes)

Nash - Stockton
Kobe - Jordan
Dirk - Bird
Duncan - Karl Malone
Shaq - Moses Malone

Subs
Kidd - Magic
TMac - Doc J
Brand - Barkley
JO-Hakeem
Yao-Kareem

<edit> thanks Destroy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-23-2007 at 01:21 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #22
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

So... having Dirk on one team with Kobe would be like having Bird and MJ?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #23
destroy ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Hakeem would tortue Shaq.
Hakeem would torture a 95-96 shaq but i dont think a 2000-2003 shaq.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #24
destroy ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Depends on how the game is called. If they allowed Shaq to dislodge people, then I agree, but if they didn't then Hakeem had as much or more quickness than Shaq. They would both get theirs, IMO. Shaq, IMO, is probably the hardest player in the history of the game to actually officiate correctly. How it gets called makes all the difference.

My dream game of players I watched often: (if they were all in their primes)

Nash - Stockton
Kobe - Jordan
Dirk - Bird
Duncan - Karl Malone
Shaq - Moses Malone

Subs
Payton - Magic
TMac - Doc J
Brand - Barkley
JO-Hakeem
Yao-Kareem
Payton?! lets not foget about Kidd!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #25
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
So... having Dirk on one team with Kobe would be like having Bird and MJ?
Make it happen.

Kobe Thread #4??? ;P

Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
alby
Guru

ty, i want kobe

Contact Me
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #27
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

hakeem and shaq would cancel each other out offensively. hakeem with finesse and shaq with pure strength. i think hakeem would definantly have the bigger impact on team defense with his athleticism. blocking shots from the weak side.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hakeem would torture a 95-96 shaq but i dont think a 2000-2003 shaq.
93-96 hakeem would tortue 2000-2003 shaq.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #29
alby
Guru

did u guys watch hakeem during the years before the two championships???

even better.

Contact Me
Old 10-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #30
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

As it was stated earlier..... how is Nash on the current team when Jason Kidd, who is better at EVERYTHING besides shooting, is absent? That doesn't make much sense to me. I think he'd be a much better matchup for Stockton, anyway.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #31
alby
Guru

gary payton - prime - is underrated IMO

Contact Me
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #32
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

To those saying TMac would torture Bird because of his atheleticism... remember that Bird regularly got the best of Julius Irving and Dominique Wilkins, two of the best athletes to ever play the game. I can't believe anyone would pick TMac over Bird.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #33
alby
Guru

It's because he's white =\

Bird >>> Tmac

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 10-23-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

kobe and jordan are pretty much equal???? I know kobe has become overrated these days but is there honestly anyone this damn stupid?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #35
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
best defensive pg of all time and a very good offensive player. Though frazier was close defensively.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #36
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
yep. gary payton is easily one of the best point guards of all time.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 AM   #37
ty
Diamond Member

Bird was a lot more athletic than many people think. He drove. He slashed. He even played dirty too. He was not a pure shooter as many people think.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:25 AM   #38
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Bird was a lot more athletic than many people think. He drove. He slashed. He even played dirty too. He was not a pure shooter as many people think.
he was more athletic than people think and i disagree about him being the pure sf. I think thats scottie pippen. Bird was a tweener.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 AM   #39
alby
Guru

The thing with Bird, when he was matched up with someone who was faster, quicker, and more athletic than him--He used his smarts to guard them (angles, positioning, leverage, etc). He also got away with a lot of grabbing and holding as well, but hey if you were Larry Legend, you would get away with a lot of stuff too.

Just on basketball IQ alone, T-Mac has no chance against him. Plus, if you wanted a defensive frontcourt from the 90s, I would start Hakeem at PF and David Robinson at C--that way, it wouldn't even matter how athletic the other swing players on the other team are.

A great defensive presence negates so many difficiencies, it's not even funny.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 10-24-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
The thing with Bird, when he was matched up with someone who was faster, quicker, and more athletic than him--He used his smarts to guard them (angles, positioning, leverage, etc). He also got away with a lot of grabbing and holding as well, but hey if you were Larry Legend, you would get away with a lot of stuff too.

Just on basketball IQ alone, T-Mac has no chance against him. Plus, if you wanted a defensive frontcourt from the 90s, I would start Hakeem at PF and David Robinson at C--that way, it wouldn't even matter how athletic the other swing players on the other team are.

A great defensive presence negates so many difficiencies, it's not even funny.
bird>>>>>>>>>>>>>tmac i think everyone knows that(ignoring some answers in this thread) The reason i said i think pippen is the prototype sf isnt because i think he was better than bird(he wasnt) but that he does more of what i think of when i think of a sf. Pippen is one of the best athletes in the history of the nba and i think of sf as the most athletic position on the court. He could distribute and play point forward. He could score for himself. He could board. He could hit the three. And hes the best defender in the history of the nba.