Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indy interested in moving Tinsley?

If Indy is interested in moving Tinsley, and realize they aren't going to win now anyway.....

Think they would consider a Terry/Damp/Geroge/Ager + picks and cash for JO/Tinsley ?

Works on realgm after the 15th. They have been a trading partner with Dallas lately.

It would save Indy some $$$, I think, even with the bad Terry/Damp contracts and send him to the other conference. I just don't know if Indy would do it.

IMO, it works perfect for Dallas in that they would get a two-way player in JO that has some inside game and would start, and they get a backup PG to replace Terry. Everything else is filler.

I seriously doubt Indy would do it, but they still need to call.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Indy wants to move those guys, but not in that package. No one wants Terry and Dampier at those prices. Especially a team like Indiana who would still be carrying bad contracts for Murphy, Daniels and Dunleavy. Not to mention they need to start thinking about a Danny Granger extension. If Indy's going to deal they want expiring contracts, high draft picks and young talent. The mavs don't have any of those three things to offer.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, different thought.

JO/Tinsley that they want to move for Terry/Ager/KVH one year deal + picks and cash.

Would Indy do it for a Tinsley replacement and cap space. Ager just being a young throw-in?

Terry's contract is not horrid for his production, and every team can use a 6th man who can shoot like Terry. I just don't know if they would move JO for basic cap-space.

I think Terry is an upgrade to Tinsley, but cap space for JO (which is the prize for Dallas)????

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

KVH would need to get something like $12 mil to get that deal to work and even if only for 1 year I doubt the Pacers like the idea of paying him that much to do nothing. Plus, Indy's looking to rebuild. Terry does nothing for them in that regards.

On the mavs side of this, that proposal would add about another $17 mil to a payroll that's already above the luxury tax. Would Cuban even be willing to take that hit?
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

tinsley, no way! he would get the AAC shot up.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

You can get Tinsley cheap, but to get Jermaine O'Neal, I think requires Harris and you probably have to take back Dunleavy or Murphy.

It's really hard to make the numbers work--if you take O'Neal, Dunleavy and Murphy, then that's a lot of salary to match without giving up Dirk, Howard or Terry:

For example:

O'Neal, Dunleavy & Tinsley for Harris, Dampier, Stackhouse, Hassell, Bass & Ager works, but even if you throw in a couple of draft picks, I have a hard time seeing why Indiana does it.

A deal like Dirk/Terry for O'Neal/Tinsley works, but I think it makes Dallas weaker.

Josh Howard is too much to add into the deal, and besides, Indiana already has Granger.

I don't want to trade both Terry & Harris and have Dallas left with only Tinsley/Barrea at the point.

So, unless you can sell that first deal to Indiana, I don't think this can get done.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

The only way I could see it happening is if Indy would take Terry/KVH (artificial expiring contract)/filler.

If they just wanted to move Tinsley, it would think it would be pretty easy to move him to Miami or Cleveland.

JO probably has much more value than expiring contracts, but I think Terry has some value.

IMO, Indy doesn't need Howard, Dirk is untouchable, and Harris is on the Poison Pill.

Terry is the best trading chip the Mavs have, and if it could get them JO -- I'd be happier. I doubt it happening though.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

JO has seen his best days already... and they were five years ago. With how much he's making, I don't want any part of him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Just a reminder of a Trade I proposed in another thread ...

Dallas Trades

Jason Terry
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard

and a 1st rounder

to Indiana for

Jermaine O´Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Danny Granger

Indiana after:

Damp, Foster, Harrison
Murphy, Diogu, Baston
Josh Howard, Rawle Marshall, Shawne Williams
Mike Dunleavy, Kareem Rush, Quis Daniels
Jason Terry, Travis Diener, Darrell Armstrong

Dallas after

Jermaine O´Neal, DeSagana Diop, DJ Benga
Dirk Nowitzki, Bass, Fazekas
Danny Granger, Devean George
Jerry Stackhouse, Eddie Jones, Buckner, Ager
Devin Harris, Jamaal Tinsley, JJB
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger

Dallas Trades

Jason Terry
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard

and a 1st rounder

to Indiana for

Jermaine O´Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Danny Granger

Indiana after:

Damp, Foster, Harrison
Murphy, Diogu, Baston

Dallas after

Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
adirktotheheart
Banned

adirktotheheart has a spectacular aura aboutadirktotheheart has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Dallas Trades

Jason Terry
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard

and a 1st rounder

to Indiana for

Jermaine O´Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Danny Granger

Indiana after:

Damp, Foster, Harrison
Murphy, Diogu, Baston

Dallas after

Doubt IND would go for that. They'd have the worst defensive backcourt in the league if they had Terry and Dunleavy together.
adirktotheheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #12
DelNegro

Quote:

Dallas Trades

Jason Terry
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard

and a 1st rounder

to Indiana for

Jermaine O´Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Danny Granger

Indiana after:

Damp, Foster, Harrison
Murphy, Diogu, Baston

Dallas after

Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, before the season it would have been a rather equal trade.

Some days into the season Howard is becoming a true All Star, but Damp and Terry are losing ground, while on the other side Granger is tuning it up a tad.

Then again, Tinsley might need a change of site and J´O is said to be wanna leaving for quite some time also ...