Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavs @ Kings (9:00 pm CST)

Mavericks-Kings Preview
By KATE HEDLIN, STATS Writer
Posted Jan 13 2008 5:11PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

* Kings Home
* Mavericks Home

2006-07 Stats at a Glance

After extending their longest winning streak of the season in thrilling fashion, the Dallas Mavericks hope to have Josh Howard back in the lineup following a one-game absence when they visit the Sacramento Kings on Monday.

According to Dallas' official Web site, Howard, the team's second-leading scorer at 20.7 points per game, is expected to rejoin the Mavericks (26-11) on Monday. The center sat out Saturday's 95-94 win over the Los Angeles Clippers because of personal reasons.

Dallas, winner of 12 of 14, is looking to extend a seven-game winning streak - its longest since winning nine in a row from March 16-30. The Mavs barely managed to keep the run going Saturday, getting a 3-pointer by Jerry Stackhouse as time expired to sink the Clippers.

Dallas trailed by nine with five minutes remaining before going on a 14-4 run. After Dirk Nowitzki tied the game at 92 with 1:14 remaining, the Clippers went back ahead with two free throws before Stackhouse hit his 3.

"The play was supposed to go to Dirk, but they double-teamed him and (Jason) Terry found me. Fortunately I was able to knock it down," Stackhouse said. "I had a couple of good looks that didn't go down, but everyone kept telling me that I was going to get one.

"It just feels good to be able to step up and help the team get this win. It was a great win."

Nowitzki led the Mavs with 22 points and seven rebounds while Terry finished with 20 points. Stackhouse scored 13.

Saturday was the first time Howard missed a game since he was suspended the first two games of this season for an altercation with Sacramento's Brad Miller in an exhibition game Oct. 16.

Howard scored 27 points against the Kings (14-21) in Dallas on Nov. 3 in the Mavs' 123-102 victory.

The Kings were unable to record their first three-game winning streak of the season Saturday, losing 111-105 to Indiana. Sacramento shot 50 percent from the field and went 24-of-25 from the free-throw line, but it matched a season-high with 23 turnovers, leading to 25 Pacers points.

Eleven of the turnovers came in the first quarter.

"It's difficult to overcome the way we started the game in terns of turning the ball over," coach Reggie Theus said. "It sets the tone. I think the early part of the game most of their points came off turnovers, our mistakes, and not from their offense."

Kevin Martin scored 25 points after missing the previous 17 games with a groin injury. He came off the bench and played 28 minutes, going 7-of-9 from the field.

"It felt good out there," Martin said. "I still have to get a lot of my game back, get my timing down and get in the groove with my teammates."

While the return of Martin, who led the Kings in 2006-07 with 20.2 points per game, gives the struggling Kings a boost, they are still playing without Ron Artest (elbow) and Mike Bibby (thumb). Both are expected to return this month.

Sacramento has lost six straight to Dallas, including two in a row at home.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

" Howard, the team's second-leading scorer at 20.7 points per game, is expected to rejoin the Mavericks (26-11) on Monday. The center sat out Saturday's 95-94 win over the Los Angeles Clippers because of personal reasons."

Since when?
Anyhoo, Mavs will win this relatively easily with its "center" back in action.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
" Howard, the team's second-leading scorer at 20.7 points per game, is expected to rejoin the Mavericks (26-11) on Monday. The center sat out Saturday's 95-94 win over the Los Angeles Clippers because of personal reasons."

Since when?
Anyhoo, Mavs will win this relatively easily with its "center" back in action.

Talk about your small ball.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
fluid.forty.one

If we lose to the Kings, even without Howard, I'm going to be more negative than Flaco.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Time to get back to a winning record on the road.

Make it happen!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs fix Cowboys fan~~~~

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Mavs fix Cowboys fan~~~~

We can't lose now. Not after that.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ugh, mavs win. then everyone give me positive rep please.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
ugh, mavs win. then everyone give me positive rep please.
Say something clever, or funny.

Or something that makes me shoot milk out of my nose.

And get me some milk.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

Get me a whopper.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Say something clever, or funny.

Or something that makes me shoot milk out of my nose.

And get me some milk.
Flacolaco here is your milk, and a photo of last time you were shooting milk from your nose.

left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Projectile-spew
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Better drink beer !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 01-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Go Mavericks?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs crown the kings. 103-93
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #17
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Anybody got a link for tonight's game?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
oh wait the game isn't for another hour

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-14-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
Will be easy tonight but i will not follow the game. Maybe the Dr. is showing up later...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Stack out tonight for right hamstring injury.

NBA LP live stream: http://www.ivytv.net/sport/index.php?id=303 or http://s226606444.onlinehome.us/240/...01.asx&gid=552

Last edited by shaw-xx; 01-14-2008 at 09:51 PM.
shaw-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #21
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

If anyone has the FSN feed rock it!

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
MavinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #22
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Game Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-14-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Rep.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #24
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Thank you. Where are you get this links Dr. Zoidberg?
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #25
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by odb 7777
Thank you. Where are you get this links Dr. Zoidberg?
Enjoy!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #26
RizAmlani

RizAmlani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One minute too late....dang it.

Interviewer: Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade got all the calls?

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA.... (cut off by interviewer)
RizAmlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #27
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Got another one?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #28
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Game Link

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-14-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #29
RizAmlani

RizAmlani is on a distinguished road

Got it....thanks.

Interviewer: Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade got all the calls?

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA.... (cut off by interviewer)
RizAmlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #30
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Game Link

Zoid, doesn't work for me.. any suggestions?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #31
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Click faster next time: Game Link

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 01-14-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #32
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

You have to be fast, since they're always changing the links to stop freeloaders like us.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind. Skipped right over the post explaining.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 01-14-2008 at 10:13 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #34
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Got it! Thanks!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

No foul there..... yeah ok
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #36
craggmac
Golden Member

Man, that chic was old
Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
Rick41
Diamond Member

104 year old in attendance!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #38
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

wow, 104 and watching basketball!

"Talk to the claw."

Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #39
Rick41
Diamond Member

I hate J-Ho's pullup bullsh!t.... is it me or does the rim sound kinda funky?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #40
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Nice Devin, keep on going to the hoop.

"Talk to the claw."